X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX92 freezing and making repetitive noise

I have a TX92 box.
    Recently it has started freezing after about 3 hours use.The picture freezes and the sound is like a machine gun.
    I unplug the power supply, then re-connect and all is well again. (Cannot shut down with box controls)

I have yesterday done a factory reset, but today the problem is still there.

I have obtained from Tanix a 20171230 firmware update link.
    Would this resolve the problem ??
    Or is it time for a new box.....

Thanks for any help, I am not tech. minded.

I would bet it is heat related. Under the box, there are 4 little right angle pads. Peel off those pad and you will find 4 little screws. Undo those 4 screws and remove the base cover.
    Now put your box on its side and get a little desk fan or bigger and aim it inside the box. Run your box for the 3 hours or whatever.

Tell us the result here again.

Comment

Originally posted by TX9ProGuy View Post
      I would bet it is heat related. Under the box, there are 4 little right angle pads. Peel off those pad and you will find 4 little screws. Undo those 4 screws and remove the base cover.
      Now put your box on its side and get a little desk fan or bigger and aim it inside the box. Run your box for the 3 hours or whatever.

Tell us the result here again.
      Thanks for your suggestion, I have been thinking that heat may be a factor.

My setup has the box on a shelf underneath the tv, mainly due to logistics of wiring and plug location.
      The box is mounted on a small stand about 2 inches high to allow further air flow, and I have a small fan running under the box.
      Have always had that, it is wired into the box and is secured underneath the box.
      Unfortunately I cannot remove it as this would mean cutting a wire that goes into the box.

I have had this setup running ok for nearly 2 years, but the freezing with repetitive noise has only started in the last fortnight.
      The box has never felt hot, I think the fan has been keeping it cooled down despite our room temperature of around 30 centigrade.

Last edited by Thamesbank; 02-26-2020, 12:56.

Comment

have you checked if the fan is still actually spinning? Not telling you to suck eggs, but you said the box is a little inaccessible. Also, I didn't think your box had any ventilation holes in it from the factory. How does the fan move air inside the box? Also, isn't the cpu under the top of the box. Makes it hard to get flow. If there are air flow holes, check they are not blocked.

good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.
          I've checked that the fan is working, it's good.
          I have also put the box on a slightly higher stand that allows air to circulate more freely under and around the box.

I have now completed 3 4-hour runs, with no repeat of the freeze-up or repetitive noise.
          Still get an occasional small buffering, but I put that down to the internet signal.

Thanks again for the advice.

Comment

i have also TX92 box.
            often i am also having this issue..
            its all related to the heat.
            thanks for this solution,,,TX9ProGuy

KFC Survey
            Last edited by thoddy; 02-29-2020, 07:57.

Comment

Originally posted by thoddy View Post
              i have also TX92 box.
              often i am also having this issue..
              its all related to the heat.
              thanks for this solution,,,TX9ProGuy

KFC Survey

very glad that i found this help discussion

Comment

It is heat related.
                slitherio

Comment

Would love to know what the solution is MyKFCExperience.com

Comment

It is heat related.

Comment

Originally posted by mickbiden2
                      I have had this setup running ok for nearly 2 years, but the freezing with repetitive noise has only started in the last fortnight. MyBKExperience

MyBPCreditCard

MyKFCExperience

interesting

Comment

Working...
                      X