Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading S905W box

Hello,

I have a Tanix tx3 mini box with stock android 7.1, and it looks like there's no newer version for it. Is it possible to flash a newer android version for another S905W box (like X96 mini)? Will it work or am I going to brick my tx3 mini?

TIA

Originally posted by ForeverNoob View Post
    ...Is it possible to flash a newer android version...
    It depends on, which version of TX3 you have;

1. TX3 Mini 2019 with wifi ac (AP6330) with bluetooth is the current version.
    2. version TX3 mini 2018 wifi 2.4 (SSV6051) without bluetooth, currently no longer selling.
    3. versions of TX3 mini 2019 wifi 2.4 (RTL8723BS TX3 Max 2018 early 2019) with bluetooth.
    [google translate]
    4. other TX3 boxes (mostly clones) with various revisions ???

source: [ROM] TX3 Mini Android TV 9.0 ATV9 Amlogic S905W Unofficial By DaivietPDA

from ...another S905W box (like X96 mini)? Will it work or am I going to brick my tx3 mini?
    Probably will work, at best you wont have working remote control, LED clock display...
    If you have original firmware and know how to perform "NAND chip mask mode" on your device, then there is slight chance to brick you tv box.

Comment

- - -
      Last edited by Guest; 03-24-2020, 11:52. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

It depends on, which version of TX3 you have;

1. TX3 Mini 2019 with wifi ac (AP6330) with bluetooth is the current version.
        2. version TX3 mini 2018 wifi 2.4 (SSV6051) without bluetooth, currently no longer selling.
        3. versions of TX3 mini 2019 wifi 2.4 (RTL8723BS TX3 Max 2018 early 2019) with bluetooth.
        [google translate]
        4. other TX3 boxes (mostly clones) with various revisions ???

source: [ROM] TX3 Mini Android TV 9.0 ATV9 Amlogic S905W Unofficial By DaivietPDA

Probably will work, at best you wont have working remote control, LED clock display...
        If you have original firmware and know how to perform "NAND chip mask mode" on your device, then there is no chance to brick your tv box.
        Thank you for your answer.

My box is of an old model, probably no. 2 in the list (TX3 mini-A, no BT, wifi 2.4 only, stock rom 7.1). I tried the updated android version 7.1.2 and there was a problem with Netflix client home screen which didn't respond well to the remote. Other versions of Netflix refused to install because of incompatibility problem. I also tried ATV sometime last year and it wasn't working well too (screen resolution wasn't saved between reboots, also no Netflix client).

Comment

Thank you for your answer.

My box is of an old model, probably no. 2 in the list (TX3 mini-A, no BT, wifi 2.4 only, stock rom 7.1). I tried the updated android version 7.1.2 and there was a problem with Netflix client home screen which didn't respond well to the remote. Other versions of Netflix refused to install because of incompatibility problem. I also tried ATV sometime last year and it wasn't working well too (screen resolution wasn't saved between reboots, also no Netflix client).

read the installation tips well you have to install android 8 before and install it

Comment

Working...
          X