Best/good bang for the buck 7" tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best/good bang for the buck 7" tablet?

I haven't been here in several years and am well behind the curve when it comes to what's what in the tablet world, but I'm in need of a good, reasonably performing tablet for not a whole lot of $$. The tablet will be used as an 'interface' to a guitar amplifier (Boss Katana using the Katana Librarian app if it matters) and not much (if anything) else. WiFi and USB OTG capability are a must as is a screen with a fairly wide viewing angle. Performance doesn't have to be stellar, just as long as it doesn't take seconds between a screen touch and app response. SD card slot would be good as I'll be storing tone patches on the tablet.

I somehow had a piece of junk AIMKO tablet in my junk pile, but it's garbage and will be going in the recycle bin.

I'd like to keep cost down to under $100 and don't care about the name on the front. Being able to root/upgrade/de-bloat the OS would be nice as well.

Thx!

Look at the Chinese TECLAST brand, they make solid products and aren't over priced, I think there best budget model right now is the P10HD at around $100 for a 10 inch tab, maybe it also has an 8inch version.

Check Gearbest and Aliexpress for getting a Teclast devices.

Comment

I'll take a look, thx.

Comment

Turns out my son had a NIB Quantec Ellipsis 8 tablet that he got from Verizon a couple years ago. I know it's not the best performing tablet, but it may do the trick. However, it's got Android 5 on it and the Katana Librarian app requires at least Android 6. Checking for auto updates tells me it's "up to date". I thought I'd try doing an update to Lineage OS and the TWRP recovery, but it appears official TWRP recovery is not available for this unit and I don't have the expertise to configure and compile one myself.

Any other recoveries that might allow me to attempt to get Android >6.x running? Not having any luck at XDA....

Comment

So this thing is pretty much a POS. It's slow, the screen viewing angle is pretty narrow and none to sharp. Support for it is pretty much non-existent as well so back to my son it goes. Still on the hunt...

Comment

i have the Teclast P10HD and im happy with it, 100.000 antutu score, 4G, GPS, FM Radio.
            it has everything,
            my only problem is that i cant ROOT it or unlock the bootloader yet

Comment

Working...
            X