A95X F3 Air - very low performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A95X F3 Air - very low performance

My brand new A95X F3 Air overheats quite a lot, from 60°C in idle mode, and up to 80°C:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU-Z.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	811144

The image freezes and "stutters" while playing high bitrate videos, no matter what type of video player or streaming app used. Also, it has very low scores on benchmarks: in Geekbench i get 75 points for single-core and 247 points for multi-core. With AnTuTu i get a 45213 score (in various reviews i've seen over the internet i see huge values compared to this, for example a score of 784/2027 in Geekbench 5):

Name:	Geekbench 5.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	811147

Name:	AnTuTu.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	811149

The box runs with the latest factory firmware A95X_F3_AIR_M-9.0.0-202003090926 (from March 2020):

Name:	Firmware.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	811151

I did a hard reset, but to no avail, the overheating and the low performance are the same. Is there any way to fix it?

Attached Files

Originally posted by Edward0054 View Post
    My brand new A95X F3 Air overheats quite a lot, from 60°C in idle mode, and up to 80°C:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CPU-Z.jpg Views:	8 Size:	101.9 KB ID:	811144

The image freezes and "stutters" while playing high bitrate videos, no matter what type of video player or streaming app used. Also, it has very low scores on benchmarks: in Geekbench i get 75 points for single-core and 247 points for multi-core. With AnTuTu i get a 45213 score (in various reviews i've seen over the internet i see huge values compared to this, for example a score of 784/2027 in Geekbench 5):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Geekbench 5.jpg Views:	8 Size:	101.6 KB ID:	811147

Click image for larger version  Name:	AnTuTu.jpg Views:	8 Size:	86.8 KB ID:	811149

The box runs with the latest factory firmware A95X_F3_AIR_M-9.0.0-202003090926 (from March 2020):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Firmware.jpg Views:	8 Size:	114.1 KB ID:	811151

I did a hard reset, but to no avail, the overheating and the low performance are the same. Is there any way to fix it?

HI ,

first , a Powersupply with more "mah" is always good , yours 5V/2000mah / better 5V/3000mah , for sure

this kind of Boxes need cooling , if there is no hard brick on a Chip or similar , then you only can send it back ,

but maybe it only needs a better Firmware / CustomRom , if available ,

are you sure all Cores running ,

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

HI ,

first , a Powersupply with more "mah" is always good , yours 5V/2000mah / better 5V/3000mah , for sure

this kind of Boxes need cooling , if there is no hard brick on a Chip or similar , then you only can send it back ,

but maybe it only needs a better Firmware / CustomRom , if available ,

are you sure all Cores running ,

further good luck / gefattern

Regarding the power supply, I'm using the one which came in the package. As for the cooling part, it clearly needs a solution, i was thinking on using an 80mm PC cooling fan (i can use one of USB ports to power it).

It doesn't seem to be a bricking problem on a Chip, all the Cores are running, and i don't see any warnings in AIDA64:

Name:	AIDA64.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	811183

As you said, i also suspect the possible solution could be a better Firmware/CustomRom, maybe even a downgrade from the one which is running now. Do you happen to have any tips regarding on how i could do it?

Attached Files

Comment

Regarding the power supply, I'm using the one which came in the package. As for the cooling part, it clearly needs a solution, i was thinking on using an 80mm PC cooling fan (i can use one of USB ports to power it).

It doesn't seem to be a bricking problem on a Chip, all the Cores are running, and i don't see any warnings in AIDA64:

Name:	AIDA64.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	811183

As you said, i also suspect the possible solution could be a better Firmware/CustomRom, maybe even a downgrade from the one which is running now. Do you happen to have any tips regarding on how i could do it?
        Hi ,

you can search here in the Threads of your Box , for better working Rom ,

you only must read them , you can use a Fan with USB , most Users do it

this Way ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

You used Geekbench5 which has lower scores compared to what you see when you watch YouTube reviews of the same TVbox, most testers use the old Geekbench4 which has higher test values; and if your device is Overheating then you were probably hitting the 'thermal-throttle" point during the Antutu test to get such a low score compared to other devices. Get the CPUtemp app or CPU_float app to run a temperature monitor overlay. I forget which boxes but some of the newer boxes have a ceramic heatsink which might not cool the CPU as fast as a metal heatsink would.

Try doing a factory reset, if still problems, try flashing the stock ROM again: https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-2.html

Slimbox, has a ROM for the A95X F3, I don't know what exactly is different between the "AIR" and the non-air model, but it might be worth trying his ROM on your device.

Comment

Working...
          X