My Android TV Confession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Android TV Confession

I finally broke down and bought a nvidia shield pro tv.
    No more custom roms for me.
    no more headaches.
    no more bugs.

i finally have something that I can use.

cordcutting can be expensive but it is worth it especially when you have done the research.

Don't know about "no more bugs", but the Shield is a sweet piece of hardware (got mine when the 2017 model was launched).

I'm still using the old Minix X7 as the media center in our spare bedroom, though. It runs Netflix, FTMC and Spotify which encompass over 99 % of the daily usage.
    NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
    Buy me a beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
      Don't know about "no more bugs", but the Shield is a sweet piece of hardware (got mine when the 2017 model was launched).

I'm still using the old Minix X7 as the media center in our spare bedroom, though. It runs Netflix, FTMC and Spotify which encompass over 99 % of the daily usage.
      good for you. you have a working solution. it took time and many purchases for me to find a true android tv experience.

i will never go back.

Comment

Originally posted by sssolider2 View Post

good for you. you have a working solution. it took time and many purchases for me to find a true android tv experience.

i will never go back.
        Hey guys, great result mate nvidia shield is a beast of a machine, the kix has one in his room and plahs games on it.

Im still stuck with a clone of a chinese clone lol. Aeromedia nanomax, 4gb/64gb running t95max SCV2, although i only get 3gb of the 4gb ram since flashing this custom rom(dunno why) ,
        im really happy with the android 7 compared to the tacky android 9 stock,

im just waiting on funds to buy a buzztv st4000 vidstick, which is twice the amazon firestick, so hopefully there will be some mods and roms out for that too. Who knows eh?

Enjoy your nvidia shield

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bertonumber1 View Post
          Hey guys, great result mate nvidia shield is a beast of a machine, the kix has one in his room and plahs games on it.

Im still stuck with a clone of a chinese clone lol. Aeromedia nanomax, 4gb/64gb running t95max SCV2, although i only get 3gb of the 4gb ram since flashing this custom rom(dunno why) ,
          im really happy with the android 7 compared to the tacky android 9 stock,

im just waiting on funds to buy a buzztv st4000 vidstick, which is twice the amazon firestick, so hopefully there will be some mods and roms out for that too. Who knows eh?

Enjoy your nvidia shield

Aeromedia nanomax and buzztv st4000 are products i would avoid. nvidia shield is a game changer. it is a fun device to have in your home. i also have firestick 4k with ethernet / usb ports attachment and it is doing really well.

Comment

Originally posted by sssolider2 View Post

Aeromedia nanomax and buzztv st4000 are products i would avoid. nvidia shield is a game changer. it is a fun device to have in your home. i also have firestick 4k with ethernet / usb ports attachment and it is doing really well.
            Yes i agree, however funds were pretty tight at the time so it was what i thought the best of a bad bunch.
            I dont really like running a heavily modded box either due to the bugs but this rom for the t95 max seems to work fine.
            After waiting to buy the buzztv stick it has went out of stock, so i ended up just ordering 4k firestick, now for the root, debloat lol
            The shield is undoubtedly the daddy of them all.
            Perhaps one day i will grab one..... Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Molle View Post
              I'm still using the old Minix X7 as the media center in our spare bedroom, though.
              Well, the X7 wouldn't start again after I had to power it down. I bought a second Shield at a domestic auction site to replace it.

R.I.P. Minix X7 (2013 - 2020)
              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Media boxes can a Challenge,
                I have lots, too many, they're all a bit of fun in their own unique way, and some are not

I am always Hoping for that next BIG thing or small with these media players
                Always Hoping one day the will get it right

But usually they don't cut it 100%, lots can get close,

I think we should really thank and support the Devs they're often doing their best to make these Android Box as workable as they can be.

Yes Shield, Xbox Play Station, Fire TV have them all they work, Boring really, they do as advertised,

Enjoy..
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It was fun at the time testing new ROMs, tweaking and overclocking kernels for smooth video playback, trying to beat the benchmark records, etc.

Now... I just want them to work.
                  Buy me a beer?

Comment

• trebor
                    trebor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Does this mean we can look forward to some Shield hacks rom you soon

Nah. Everyone looking for those should head over to xda-developers.

Seven years is a long time in our business and in that time my interests have shifted somewhat. The Shield is a perfect entertainment centre to turn to after an exhausting day at the office. It's the best media box out there with an astounding amount of performance out-of-the-box. There's no need to try to squeeze any extra performance out of it by tinkering (including unlocking the bootloader) which would most likely make it incompatible with anything that requires SafetyNet or Widevine L1.

I'm getting old.
                  Buy me a beer?

Comment

I just want them to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X