most supported usb wifi dongle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most supported usb wifi dongle?

Like the title says which is the most common usb wifi dongle that works with most boxes, sbc boards using android?

Is there a brand or chip that is the most common?

Perhaps:

Its more like what does the kernel/drivers.. support
    Wireless Drivers Wireless Interfaces,Supported Modes of Operation Driver Name,hostap,station,monitor,adhoc,adhoc demo,mesh,wds,bgscan,wme,wpa,# Virtual Interfaces,Firmware,Kernel Devices,Notes an,Aironet,No,Yes,No,Yes,No,No,No,No,No,No,1,an ath,Atheros,Multi,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Yes,Multi,Yes,Yes,Yes...

As you can see... I like to check.. the freebsd/openbsd/pfsense site for comaptible h/w
    As its quite picky about its hw support

anyway goodluck

Comment

Not really the best just a few that seem to be the most supported with Android? I mean speed would be good to but right now i have 3 and non of them are reconized by many android versions ive put on different boards they wont even see my network like the drivers arnt in the system.

Comment

TP-Link N150 USB adapter is the last one I purchased from Amazon, worked with Android most of the time I've need it, not to expensive either.

Comment

Thanks, i ordered it and about 4 others under $10. hope one of them works

Comment

I also had a TP-Link N150 USB adapter. It functions pretty well.
            run 3

Comment

I ordered 5 differnt ones all under $10. and 3 of them work on the Rock64 and the Libre potatoe, one of them was the heart R pi the symbol the Libre computer board uses and it worked on the ROck64 and the Nexus OS i have running on the S905C libre board.

Funny when i was looking for a wifi dongle there is a bunch of cheap ones but i went with the higher priced TPlink over the cheap $8. one thinking you get what you pay for and it didnt even work. If i had just got the cheap one a week ago ide already be up and running.

Comment

I was using a Wi-Fi adapter in my office. I don't remember the name but it's not Pendrive shape. It had a stick like an antenna. It worked faster than other USB adapters in the office and no connection interruption. In my opinion, it's better than other WiFi adapters. I'm sorry I don't remember the name.

Comment

Working...
                X