Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Nedded please S905X3 (H96 max x3 8k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Nedded please S905X3 (H96 max x3 8k)

Hi guys,

I need help please, i'm a total newbie for this (but i adapt fast on everything tech related...).
    I wanted to offer IPTV to my parents, to replace the Satelite TV they are using now and paying A LOT for it...
    But I wanted something simple and easy to use (yep its hard to make olders adapt to changes...)

On my side I already use iptv with no problems under kodi od smarters iptv pro (but on windows...)

I paid for a android box that i've seen on few comparatives as one of the best in decent price range ( its the H96 max X3 8k )... I received it today and my god i'm lost... like it drives me crazy, first of all you can do almost nothing, there is a preinstalled version of kodi (KDMC), impossible to install Kodi from play store or Smarters iptv pro (not compatible with your device ???)

Do you know if flashing a custom rom or anything can solve this ? ( I don't care about netflix or amazon prime or disney bla bla bla)...
    I just want to be able to use apps from play store and not to have to do tricky things... and as well change the launcher cause this one with blocked Youtube and play store and netflix in the middle without a way to change it (as my parents will only use it for iptv - kodi or smarters iptv pro)...

So if you can provide any help it would mean a lot... I'm trying to read on the forum but i get lost with all the things the only thing I know is the box name and that it uses a S905x3 and 4Gb/128Gb...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide or directions at least... (if it is possible at all to get kodi and smarters installer from the playstore officially at all???...)

Pley Store is not the end all to be all.

Install any of these for Apps/APK Files etc....

Aptoide

Apk Pure

Apk Mirror

Or maybe just use the Browser That is preinstalled and search for any File/App/APK...Kodi/IPTV SmartersPRO etc....
    Download and install to BOx..

In settings you can easily Uninstall KDMC
    In fact you must in order to install Latest Ver

Also on another Machine download needed Files
    Copy and Paste to USB Zip/Thumb Drive

Then insert in TV Box and sideload Files

Your Box should come with APP installer/APK Installer/ES File etc...
    If not Download One From APK Pure etc....

Comment

Alternatively try coreelec or libreelec ( it a dedicated OS for running kodi )
      It can run fully from sdcard.. it boots into kodi..then setup small simple iptv client addon or any/many alternative addons

Checkout there sites
      or
      On youtube are some videos on howto's

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for your help guys... So if I understand well, there is now way to correct this with another firmware?
        I'm stuck with this weird android, need to search for outdated, cracked or even fake apk, stuck with this ugly launcher... Maybe I should just send this box back (paid for 2! One for the living room and one for their room...

Ps: coreelec or libreelec wont do it, first i didn't pay for this kind of hardware to end with the os run from a sdcard... And i think there is no way vpns i have can run under coreelec or libreelec... (purevpn and keepsolid)...

So what is the point with all those custom roms? O_o

Thanks again guys.

Comment

Originally posted by INAX93 View Post
          Thanks for your help guys... So if I understand well, there is now way to correct this with another firmware?
          I'm stuck with this weird android, need to search for outdated, cracked or even fake apk, stuck with this ugly launcher... Maybe I should just send this box back (paid for 2! One for the living room and one for their room...

Ps: coreelec or libreelec wont do it, first i didn't pay for this kind of hardware to end with the os run from a sdcard... And i think there is no way vpns i have can run under coreelec or libreelec... (purevpn and keepsolid)...

So what is the point with all those custom roms? O_o

Thanks again guys.
          All the stock ROM's on all China TVbox's have issues, for your box the best custom ROM currently is probably the SLIMBOX rom, but it is not without a few hiccups itself:

A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor. Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9) Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11) slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two...

The first thing to note for Slimbox ROM is it is in Russian, Android supports all the common languages so just navigate to settings and choose English and reset the clock settings and timezone because that is also set to Russia timezone.

If you have flashed Amlogic boxes before with PC + Amlogic-USB-Burning-Tool then you will have no problem installing SLIMBOX rom, if not then research some videos on YouTube for using the tool on other Amlogic boxes.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hmm.. these days.. any good brand router can do VPN ( some vpn providers even provide router firmwares )
            How To Set Up a VPN on Your Router Secure multiple devices Network-wide VPN coverage Automatic protection for your Wi-Fi Get PureVPN What is a Router VPN?

So, why not see if your Router can do ''VPN Client'' or ''Open Vpn''
            Pro:
            Anything connected using lan/wifi is protected
            Less resources on the tvbox.. as the tvbox doesnt need to run the vpn client
            Most cases better speeds
            You don't need to install and configure vpn client on all of your devices

Libreelec can also do Vpn... if needed

Looking.. at the launcher.. of android
            Go to shortcut Kodi...left mouse click hold
            Does it provide : ''Launch at startup'' option?
            If not you can always use a app to autostart Kodi

Anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

All the stock ROM's on all China TVbox's have issues, for your box the best custom ROM currently is probably the SLIMBOX rom, but it is not without a few hiccups itself:

A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor. Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9) Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11) slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two...

The first thing to note for Slimbox ROM is it is in Russian, Android supports all the common languages so just navigate to settings and choose English and reset the clock settings and timezone because that is also set to Russia timezone.

If you have flashed Amlogic boxes before with PC + Amlogic-USB-Burning-Tool then you will have no problem installing SLIMBOX rom, if not then research some videos on YouTube for using the tool on other Amlogic boxes.

Hope that helps.
              Thanks amigo, I was looking at atvxperience it seems that this rom is based on it... But do you think it solves the "not compatible with your device" on play store? (the box is for old ppl and having those kind of apps auto update would be nice so i don't need to think about it much...)
              Never flashed boxes before but it doesn't appear complicated (i've done a lot more complicated things haha)...

Thanks anyway I may try it...

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                Hmm.. these days.. any good brand router can do VPN ( some vpn providers even provide router firmwares )
                How To Set Up a VPN on Your Router Secure multiple devices Network-wide VPN coverage Automatic protection for your Wi-Fi Get PureVPN What is a Router VPN?

So, why not see if your Router can do ''VPN Client'' or ''Open Vpn''
                Pro:
                Anything connected using lan/wifi is protected
                Less resources on the tvbox.. as the tvbox doesnt need to run the vpn client
                Most cases better speeds
                You don't need to install and configure vpn client on all of your devices

Libreelec can also do Vpn... if needed

Looking.. at the launcher.. of android
                Go to shortcut Kodi...left mouse click hold
                Does it provide : ''Launch at startup'' option?
                If not you can always use a app to autostart Kodi

Anyway..
                I don't want all the data to go through VPN, my little brother is still living there and playing a lot of games so vpn would increase his latency... And the FAI router is poor quality anyway I don't want to ask him too much (like splitting what goes through vpn what doesn't...)
                That's why i took 2 of those Android boxes, hardware is good enough for what it needs to do...
                The only real problem is this strange version of Android I don't get it at all...
                ??

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

What is this strange version of Android you dont get?

Maybe best to leave this Section/Channel.

From Home move to Amlogic Based
                  Channel S905X3.

There are many threads discussing same/similar issues as You.

Plus Roms there to test

Plus lots more info

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
                    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

What is this strange version of Android you dont get?

Maybe best to leave this Section/Channel.

From Home move to Amlogic Based
                    Channel S905X3.

There are many threads discussing same/similar issues as You.

Plus Roms there to test

Plus lots more info
                    Sorry I was not sure where was the best place to post this...
                    I can't figure out why on some places it says it's a Android for tablets/phones and other places it is android tv... Why i'm stuck with this launcher where i only can add little shortcuts under all the big boxes that are stuck with youtube, playstore, my apps and other things I have no need to have there in front... Why can't I install apps that i was able to install on phones, tablets and on the xiaomi mi box s for example... Ye I'm not really aware of how those boxes are set... (I was focused on the hardware part too much, I was not expecting to face this kind of issues...)

Can my post be moved at the right place then? Can I do it or do I need to create a full new one?

Thank you.

Comment

No apologies required
                      You are doing fine.

Only a Mod /Admin can move your thread.
                      You will find all the info you need in S905X3

Read the THreads there

Or maybe Start a new thread in S905X3 Channell

Or maybe rename your OP to Help Needed PLease S905X3

Mods will move to Channel for you

Comment

Working...