Magisk And Knox counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magisk And Knox counter

I've read lots of things about rooting but I still don't have root access. I have a question about Magisk rooting method. Does it trip the Samsung Knox? As I've read Magisk works in the boot partition and no connection with the system partition. If so, it couldn' be tripping the Knox counter. Am I correct?

Originally posted by Raniyah View Post
    Does it trip the Samsung Knox?
    Let's put it this way. If you're worried about tripping Knox, don't root.

NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
    Buy me a beer?

Comment

It means it trips it..Thank you for making me aware. My device's warranty is close to expiring..then, I can consider rooting it

Comment

Originally posted by Raniyah View Post
        It means it trips it...
        There may be rooting methods that do not trip Knox. I just mean that if you're worried about tripping it, don't try rooting.
        Buy me a beer?

Comment

Yes. I'm considering it since it affect the device warranty.but also keen on root features and apps as those are very interesting and useful. Especially I need to use Lucky Patcher. I tried it without root access but useless.BTW, thank you for the information. I'll try to have root access when my warranty expires

Comment

I bought my still current tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1" LTE (SM-T525), in August 2014. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Knox when I flashed CM11 on the device the same day. Here in northern Europe such a thing as tripped Knox wouldn't make any difference warranty-wise, one way or another.

I think I may have booted to the stock ROM once the day I bought it - since then it's been all CyanogenMod and LineageOS.
            Buy me a beer?

Comment

Working...
            X