Android apps running on Win10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android apps running on Win10

Windows 10 may soon be able to run mobile apps built for Android.

Microsoft is working on a software solution that would allow app developers to bring their Android apps to Windows 10 with little to no code changes by packaging them as an MSIX and allowing developers to submit them to the Microsoft Store. According to sources familiar with the matter, the project is codenamed 'Latte' and I'm told it could show up as soon as next year.
    So, No google play... and No thirth party apps suport
    But still the abilty... to run Linux/Windows/android apps still amazing

Lets make a Poll ( multi choice enabled )
    Whats your opinion of MS plan?
    Are you a App developer ? would yould consider uploading your app to MS store ??

Cheers

Thats amazing
    50.00%
    Thats the end of the android Tv box
    0%
    No one likes uploading there app to MS store
    0%
    My pc has no MS store
    50.00%
    Other opinion ( reply to post : your opinion )
    0%
    I'm not running Windows any more
    0%

So, Many thoughts about this...

What if : All apps developers upload there app...to MS store

Would this bring the end to Android x86 ports ?
    Would this be the end of the Arm based android tv box as we know it ?
    Would it support DRM apps ? ( aka netflix/... )

Pro..
    No more android.. big flaw of a android tv box has allways been lack of support, patches and android upgrades
    Running apps on PC hardware ( Lots of HDD space / Ram / CPU power / GPU - H/W rendering? )

Cons..
    What about apps allready bought on Googleplay.. would i need to re-buy them
    Payment using MS store
    Running win10 ( Win10 updates these last years.. have been a really bad exp )
    Power consumtion... Running a pc 24/7 higher cost ( VS Arm based tv box )

Hmm..

Comment

I recently read in this article that Apple has started blocking the PWA (progressive web app) function in iOS , while statistically 86% of users on other platforms use it. What is the situation on android?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post

So, No google play... and No thirth party apps suport
        But still the abilty... to run Linux/Windows/android apps still amazing

Lets make a Poll ( multi choice enabled )
        Whats your opinion of MS plan?
        Are you a App developer ? would yould consider uploading your app to MS store ??

Cheers

Wow that's a great news but there is also lot way to use android apps on any version of windows with help of emulator. but I think if this could happen it would be a very easy way to use android apps on windows.

Comment

I'm very happy that windows ten will start running mobile apps that usually run on android. I'm an Android user and I have wanted to use apps from my phone on my computer since forever. In order to do it, I used to use https://www.apkdojo.com/shareit to download android apps on my computer. Even though Windows will start running mobile apps I think I will stick to this website because I think it will be more convenient for some time. I think windows are going to need a lot of time to perfect this.
          Last edited by MixyGrism; 06-20-2021, 22:32.

Comment

As for me, this is cool. The greater the possibility of integrating applications, the greater their relevance. For example, there are a number of mobile phone games that I would love to play on a PC.

Comment

Working...
            X