Which size of tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which size of tablet?

Hello everybody! My name is Roberto and I'm from Italy. It's the first time I write here, but I've been following the forum for a while..
    I'm planning to buy a tablet, since my Pipo S1 has become not enough for my needs. I would use it mainly for reading, web browsing and (sometimes) movies. I also need an above-average battery.
    At first I thought that Pipo M8 Pro would be the right one, then I found Pipo M6, which is my favourite right now, and is said to have a very good battery and a beautiful screen (retina ). Another tablet which seems to be good is the FNF ifive X2 (or even the mini3), a little bit smaller and lighter than the others..

I really don't know which would be better...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

tablet

I say to get either a Cube U9GT5 which has an incredible 10000mAh battery and amazing 9.7 inch 2048x1536 screen (i've owned this tab). I would easily get 9 hours video playback.

Or a Pipo M9 (not pro) for REAL performance and a "good enough" screen. And again, great battery.

Edit: The Cube U9GT5 is REAL cheap.

Comment

R: Which size of tablet?

Originally posted by nztdm View Post
      I say to get either a Cube U9GT5 which has an incredible 10000mAh battery and amazing 9.7 inch 2048x1536 screen (i've owned this tab). I would easily get 9 hours video playback.

Or a Pipo M9 (not pro) for REAL performance and a "good enough" screen. And again, great battery.

Edit: The Cube U9GT5 is REAL cheap.
      Thank you for your suggestions. I agree with the Pipo M9 (I think that also PRO is good), but.. Isn't Pipo M6 better than Cube U9GT5? Pipo's battery is good enough, and it has 2 GB RAM.. In addition.. Do you think that 9.7" would be the best choice for my needs?
      Thanks again!

Inviato dal mio HTC One S con Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by ZioRob View Post
        Thank you for your suggestions. I agree with the Pipo M9 (I think that also PRO is good), but.. Isn't Pipo M6 better than Cube U9GT5? Pipo's battery is good enough, and it has 2 GB RAM.. In addition.. Do you think that 9.7" would be the best choice for my needs?
        Thanks again!

Pipo M6 basically is a Cube U9GT5 (it may have faster flash memory, U9GT5 is slow flash). But the build quality on the U9GT5 is amazing. The camera is a joke though, but you have a smartphone for that

I have had:
        Cube U30GT2. Perfect except for hazy screen (might have been defect in touch module)
        Cube U9GT5 AMAZING except slow flash memory make web page stutter sometimes.
        Voyo A15 with Exynos 5250. Fastest tablet ever used! But had a weird 16-bit color display and poor battery life.
        Now I have a Pipo M9 on the way. Never had a low resolution tablet haha. I wanna see what the performance gain is.

Why Ive had so many tablets? I can sell them for a lot here in New Zealand.

Comment

R: Which size of tablet?

Originally posted by nztdm View Post
          Pipo M6 basically is a Cube U9GT5 (it may have faster flash memory, U9GT5 is slow flash). But the build quality on the U9GT5 is amazing. The camera is a joke though, but you have a smartphone for that

I have had:
          Cube U30GT2. Perfect except for hazy screen (might have been defect in touch module)
          Cube U9GT5 AMAZING except slow flash memory make web page stutter sometimes.
          Voyo A15 with Exynos 5250. Fastest tablet ever used! But had a weird 16-bit color display and poor battery life.
          Now I have a Pipo M9 on the way. Never had a low resolution tablet haha. I wanna see what the performance gain is.

Why Ive had so many tablets? I can sell them for a lot here in New Zealand.
          I'll be waiting for TNT review of Pipo M6, since it's the one I like most right now.. Pipo M9 should be good, screen resolution is enough (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has the same, and it's quite good) and lower resolution usually means better performance..
          Which form factor do you like most?

Comment

I need at least 9.4 inches (like the pipo m8pro). I don't care either 4:3 or 16:9/10. 16:9 10.1 inch is better for movies since they are usually wide screen and you get no black bars. 4:3 9.7 inch is better for older movies and anime in that ratio. I really don't mind which.
            I dont care for gaming on a tablet but these tablets can handle most games. I use it for PDF and videos which rk3188 does very admirably even at the 9.7 inch retina reaolutions.
            I also use it for web browsing but the smoothness of that is entirely dependant on the firmware quality. The RK3188 is EASILY capable of 60fps web scrolling bu very few tablets acheive this because of poor roms.

I had a phone with mtk6589 which is inferior to rk3188 as it uses cortex-a7 cores. But web scrolling on that was much better than my u9gt5. Half the resolution though.

I am looking forward to receiving my m9 to see what performance difference i will get with low resolution this time.

What is your purposes and needs for the tablet? I can help you choose.

Originally posted by ZioRob View Post
            I'll be waiting for TNT review of Pipo M6, since it's the one I like most right now.. Pipo M9 should be good, screen resolution is enough (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 has the same, and it's quite good) and lower resolution usually means better performance..
            Which form factor do you like most?

Comment

Yeah, I think that Pipo is one of the best chinese brands, and there are some good firmwares for its tablets.
              Anyway, I'd use it mainly for reading and web browsing, then a bit of movies and office. RK3188 is a must, since it should be one of the best CPUs right now.. And also 2 GB RAM, new firmwares and apps are quite demanding. In addition a better screen makes reading less tiring.. That's why I think Pipo M6 to be my first choice!

Comment

Working...
              X