Nokia Streaming Box 8000 S905x3 Android 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia Streaming Box 8000 S905x3 Android 10

Hi , just hoping somebody may have a link to the firmware for this new S905x3 box?

Kind regards

Originally posted by jimennis View Post
    Hi , just hoping somebody may have a link to the firmware for this new S905x3 box?

Kind regards
    I don't think anyone is going to buy it.
    Too expensive and the remote is hideous.

The bootloader will also be locked, so it won't be possible to share the firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I don't think anyone is going to buy it.
      Too expensive and the remote is hideous.

The bootloader will also be locked, so it won't be possible to share the firmware.
      Yes the bootloader is locked, the firmware is buggy and there is no Dolby Vision/Atmos/HDR10+ while normally the boxes with soc amlogic s905x3 support hdr10+ and some dolby vision

Comment

Originally posted by yougz View Post

Yes the bootloader is locked, the firmware is buggy and there is no Dolby Vision/Atmos/HDR10+ while normally the boxes with soc amlogic s905x3 support hdr10+ and some dolby vision
        You can only hope the new Chinese owners of Nokia decide to release firmware updates and not abandon the device but I think it's an oem device made by the same manufacturer of all the Google Certified devices in China that also manufacturer the Mi Box.
        The cheapest device to support Dolby Vision is the FireTV 4K that can be picked up on sale for $25 and the Nivida Shield.
        Some other devices like the AM6 Pro with Dolby Vision can also play Dolby Vision but not for streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.
        Lots of the Google Certified devices don't support Atmos sound too, only the non Google Certified ones.
        The Nivida Shield 2019 is the only Android device supporting all those requirements.

Comment

Working...
        X