This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAND Chip Mask ROM Mode Without Shorting Pins

This tutorial is for bricked Rockchip devices when there is no light and pc can't detect it. This is helpful after flashing the wrong firmware image that is not compatible with your device and it does not show any life signs because of a wrong boot loader. Usually, you might not know which pins to short or you do not want to dismantle your device. By using this method you won't need to disassemble your device and short any pins.

For this to work you are going to need:
    • Compatible firmware for your device
    • SDDiskTool/SD_Firmware_Tool/Rockchip Create Upgrade Disk Tool. (When writing this post latest version is v1.62 which you can find here SDDiskTool_v1.62.zip)
    • AndroidTool_Release_v2.54 or later. (For some reason the latest android tool version "RKDevTool_Release_v2.79" wasn't able to communicate with my device so try several versions if it's not working for you).
    • Rockchip drivers for your pc (search for the latest "Rockchip Driver Assistant").
    Follow these steps to enter your bricked Rockchip device into Maskrom:
    1. Download firmware that is compatible with your device.
    2. Insert an SD card into your pc.
    3. Start "SD_Firmware_Tool" and select your sd card, click the "SD Boot" checkbox and choose your firmware.
    4. Click "Create" and it will write firmware into your SD card.
    5. Insert an SD card into your bricked device while it is still powered off.
    6. Connect your device to your pc using a USB cable while pressing the reset button.
    7. Open "AndroidTool" and it should detect Loader mode if the firmware is compatible with your device.
    8. Go to "Advanced Functions" and click the button "Go Maskrom".
    9. Now "AndroidTool" should detect Maskrom mode and you can flash compatible firmware to your device in order to unbrick it (don't forget to take out your SD card before flashing).
    This process allows you to fix the loader and flash correct firmware for your device without shorting the pins.

To make your SD card usable again insert it into your pc and using "SD_Firmware_Tool" click button "Restore" at the bottom of the window.

Thanks to Renixo for the idea of using the sd disk tool.
    Last edited by Dabolx; 03-27-2022, 20:05. Reason: Update links

Will this work on a USB instead of SD Card?

Comment

Originally posted by djf1ame View Post
      Will this work on a USB instead of SD Card?
      I didn't try that but according to this it does support partial boot from usb but I doubt it's going to work without SD card. You could try it and share your results.
      Last edited by Dabolx; 04-25-2021, 11:01.

Comment

tried many times but failed...download boot failed..any ideas? almost give up

Comment

Originally posted by zamri View Post
          tried many times but failed...download boot failed..any ideas? almost give up
          Try different android tool versions or different rom. It's hard to suggest something with so few details. Also, this thread is not about the whole process for unbricking devices but only about entering mask rom mode. So if you've managed to reach mask rom mode by following this tutorial, then you should find or start another thread related to your device problem. That way you could get more attention and help in solving your problem.

Comment

I have HX1MAX device with Rockchip RK3318. I want to upgrade my firmware on my device. I use rkbatch tool but it gone failed. Now, my device bricked. It wont be detected on my computer. Can this method applied on my device? Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by BangJack View Post
              I have HX1MAX device with Rockchip RK3318. I want to upgrade my firmware on my device. I use rkbatch tool but it gone failed. Now, my device bricked. It wont be detected on my computer. Can this method applied on my device? Thanks a lot
              Hi ,

remember Upgrade and flashing same Version , again , are diffferent , for Upgrade a "eraseFlash" is needed ,

but yours is bricked , please use AndroidTool , better , if you all make right , do you have the right Rom ??? ,

then try , what can you loose , its bricked ,

follow the Instructions , you always can ask the Writer here or with PM ,

PS : yes it works with yours too , important right Firmware for Loader

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

remember Upgrade and flashing same Version , again , are diffferent , for Upgrade a "eraseFlash" is needed ,

but yours is bricked , please use AndroidTool , better , if you all make right , do you have the right Rom ??? ,

then try , what can you loose , its bricked ,

follow the Instructions , you always can ask the Writer here or with PM ,

PS : yes it works with yours too , important right Firmware for Loader

good luck / gefattern
                Yeaaa.. my device work now. Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
                X