Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV apps on Android Box

Hello everyone.
    What are the ways to install Android TV apps on Android box?
    For example, on the AX95DB Android box there is the Android TV PlayStore, what should I do?

There are applications that can be installed from the Android Play Store in TV box mode (use by remote control) or in tablet / smartphone mode. How to force the installation of these applications in TV box mode (remote control) on Android box.
    Thank you.

The most common method to install apps to an Android TV box is to use the Google Play Store. This is the same method as any Android smartphone. A Google account is needed to log in and search for apps that can be installed on demand. Another method is to use alternative app stores that often have apps the Google Play Store will not carry such as movie apps. The APK install file can also be download from a website and installed. The last method is to download the APK install file to a flash drive and install from it.

How To Install Apps on an Android TV Box (Google Play Store)
    1. Go to the Apps section on your Android TV box.
    2. Find and select the Play Store
    3. If you have a google account enter your details. If not a new account will be needed.
    4. Once in the Play Store, you can Browse or Search for apps to install.
    They can be installed from Google Play Store, websites, or downloaded and copied to a flash drive. There are also alternative app stores that can be installed to download apps. When installing any app be sure it is safe to install and not a rouge file that may contain malware. If you want to access unlock streaming channels and content then you should use a vpn for a happy streaming experience. https://www.purevpn.com/download/android-tv-vpn

Comment

Originally posted by isladlewis View Post
      The most common method to install apps to an Android TV box is to use the Google Play Store. This is the same method as any Android smartphone. A Google account is needed to log in and search for apps that can be installed on demand. Another method is to use alternative app stores that often have apps the Google Play Store will not carry such as movie apps. The APK install file can also be download from a website and installed. The last method is to download the APK install file to a flash drive and install from it.

How To Install Apps on an Android TV Box (Google Play Store)
      1. Go to the Apps section on your Android TV box.
      2. Find and select the Play Store
      3. If you have a google account enter your details. If not a new account will be needed.
      4. Once in the Play Store, you can Browse or Search for apps to install.
      They can be installed from Google Play Store, websites, or downloaded and copied to a flash drive. There are also alternative app stores that can be installed to download apps. When installing any app be sure it is safe to install and not a rouge file that may contain malware. If you want to access unlock streaming channels and content then you should use a vpn for a happy streaming experience. https://www.purevpn.com/download/android-tv-vpn
      Thank you for your answer but there is a misunderstanding, I must have worded my question incorrectly.

I am looking for how to install "Android TV" applications on "Android" box and not on "Android TV" box

Comment

Hmm..
        Easy just install a ''Android TV'' firmware on your Tv box

As stated above by isladlewis...You can download TV apps from the web or use Aurora with Spoof
        In most cases..the installer would just error out ( Install checker : incompatible )
        or get the modded versions that run on regular Android ( see XDA forum - I think Freaktab also has a thread? )

Anyway
        Goodluck

Comment

Yes it is probably the simplest solution but I like the freedom of Android and the Android TV interface is limited in terms of customization. But it is also true that it can be changed with an ADB command.

If I switch to custom android TV firmware there is no risk that the "android" apps will perform less well in terms of screen rotation, stretching, landscape mode? Compared to an Android box?

A few months ago the AX95 DB box came out. It's an Android box but it has the "Android TV" Play Store, so I thought there was probably a solution to do the same on any Android box.

Comment

I think you'd better use certified software than pirated firmware. With them, there is a risk that the main applications will not work properly.

Comment

I had no issues running Android TV apps on base Android box. Been doing so with a minor mod that allows Android to run in partial Android TV mode.

I would grab all my Android TV apps from ApkMirror and side load.

you can probably install a great number just sideloading without the mod. Just search name of app with Android TV included in the search.

If the tv app does not run, you may have to uninstall Magisk. Peacock, 3Now, NBC, Sky and a few others will not function with Magisk.

Before uninstalling Magisk, you need to add a few lines to a permission file within Etc/permissions.

You will need to create a line that includes enabling leanback.

if you add android TV only, it will force google services and play store to update to Android TV, which will kill phone apps from being updated. Also some Phone apps will not function in Android TV. STV and ARTE for example.

If you are familiar with editing xml files, I will post my mod.

Comment

Working...
              X