Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with TX3 Mini with Rockchip 2338A, pins to short for mask mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with TX3 Mini with Rockchip 2338A, pins to short for mask mode?

Hi all,
    Can anyone help with this strange new SoC which was advertised as having an Amlogic S905X2 but seems to have Rockchip 3228A?
    It is no longer getting into flash mode on Batchtool 1.8 and unsure which pins I would need to short, not even sure where the nand is tbh.

Thanks for any assistance.

More Photos here:

I need help, how hard

See photos:

Comment

Similar board? not sure what you mean by how hard?

Comment

So I think the eMMC is this 5KA98 / JY941 which has nand onboard. I tried shorting pins around the IC and the red led has briefly gone blue but cant seem to isolate the exact pins.

I looked for a pinout diagram online but not really sure what I am looking for exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by ViníciusBR View Post
          I need help, how hard

See photos:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ahb9KTbQZ1HyiGosB7uq9Wufc8GD
          easy to unbrick
          near emmc have two hole.
          connect 2 hole and plug usb A cable to pc and mainboard
          sure pc has sound "ting"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadownet View Post
            So I think the eMMC is this 5KA98 / JY941 which has nand onboard. I tried shorting pins around the IC and the red led has briefly gone blue but cant seem to isolate the exact pins.

I looked for a pinout diagram online but not really sure what I am looking for exactly.

can you note on mainboard i cant see point short
            thank

Comment

For some reason I cant upload photos direct to this forum, so I have to add links instead.

The board model has label

TX3-R29-LP3-V1.0
              HXW21051701-B

Thank you

Comment

Hello, did you find a way to unbrick this device? I have a similar board to yours and while trying to install Armbian on it, it stopped booting and only shows blue light.

Comment

We can talk on Telegram if you want, my Telegram id uppi1412

Comment

From what I read on the description, this board of mine has EMC, as MXQ_RK3229_EMCP_V4.0 is written on it, that's means :

There are however some unfortunate cases (expecially newer boards) where shorting the eMMC clock pin is difficult or impossibile, like eMMC or eMCP BGA chips with no exposed pins. In those cases pay double attention when burning something on the internal eMMC/eMCP and always test first the image from the sdcard to be sure it works before burning anything on eMMC/eMCP
                    That's from the https://forum.armbian.com/topic/1265...322x-tv-boxes/

Comment

More info about it on this https://forum.armbian.com/topic/1265...comment-124401

Comment

You are correct that is Micron Nand

From Red to Blue is good sign ..
                        Even briefly...
                        Keep Trying points...

Sometimes can be simple Thing that is missed in Process
                        Close Batch Tool
                        Uninstall Driver Assist..
                        Then Reinstall Driver Assist
                        Open Batch Tool Load file

Repeat every time you test a different Rom

Here is observation From OP image posted 3rd down from top
                        Reads as /ncXQXT6..

To the Left of Vertical Sticker reads as TX3-R29-LP3-V1.0...
                        Approx 1. 5 cm are 2 copper circles/points on a Diagonal
                        Maybe bridge those...

Best is to leave this Thread and From Home
                        Move Down to Rockchip based TV-Players
                        Sub Forums

FreakTab Tools and Utility Collection thers are Stickys/THreads that will help with Unbrick

Then Sub Forum RK 3229

THere are Many Many Threads with your situation

Happy Testing

Comment

Thanks all, appreciate the ideas. I'll try to bridge some of those pads you've mentioned.

Do you know if there is any variation in the maskrom initial handshake process? I read most places that you have to have the physical reset switch depressed while also shorting the pins. Then with all that in place simultaneously insert the USB cable to give power to the circuit?

Is this standard procedure or do different SoC manufacturers have other procedure?

Cheers

Comment

Thanks all, appreciate the ideas. I'll try to bridge some of those pads you've mentioned.

Do you know if there is any variation in the maskrom initial handshake process? I read most places that you have to have the physical reset switch depressed while also shorting the pins. Then with all that in place simultaneously insert the USB cable to give power to the circuit?

Is this standard procedure or do different SoC manufacturers have other procedure?

Cheers
                            Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

You are confusing yourself with what you read ....
                            That is one method to Connect Box to Batch Tool
                            Minus the short Pins /Nand

It is next to impossible to physically attempt such a procedure
                            You dont have enough Hands....

Ha Ha ha

Unless you are Contortionist with the ability to use your Feet like Hands...

Tickling THe Nand Is Last Resort

You need to stay away from Maskrom Mode for Now

Go to Rockchip Basded Tv Players as Posted Above

Good Luck

Happy Testing

Comment

Haha thank goodness, it was starting to look like a 2 man job!

Comment

Working...
                              X