Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SD Card format for Android Sticks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    SD Card format for Android Sticks

    What format of SD card does these Android sticks support ?

    Do we need only SD or do they support SDHC and SDXC formats ? What class do they support - 2,4,8,10 ?

    #2
    STICK

    Originally posted by namarayaj View Post
    What format of SD card does these Android sticks support ?

    Do we need only SD or do they support SDHC and SDXC formats ? What class do they support - 2,4,8,10 ?
    If you have access to a card reader then format the card in windows to ntfs,then stick the card in the android device and format it in settings/storage mate works like a charm,usualy for cards that won't mount or are registering damaged in android. I do know they use sdhc as my K-R42 and my OUYA uses sdhc
    What is the world if you don't explore?

    Comment


      #3
      NTFS is supports by "most" 4.1.1 and up ROMs. But not all!
      The default is FAT32. If NTFS does not work on your device use FAT32.

      Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"





      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Finless View Post
        NTFS is supports by "most" 4.1.1 and up ROMs. But not all!
        The default is FAT32. If NTFS does not work on your device use FAT32.

        Bob
        Thanks for the information!

        But would like to know, What is the best, secure and faster format to use with 32MB and 64MB SD and XC Cards on these Android TV sticks?

        You mentioned that is better to use FAT32 or NTFS for 16 or 32MB SD-Cards?

        But, what about EXT-FAT formats for SDXC 64MB cards?

        Is Possible to partition these 64MB SDXC Cards?

        Comment


          #5
          Re: SD Card format for Android Sticks

          ntfs may not be suitable if you want to use a networking file sharing app like samba.

          Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ulises1954 View Post
            Thanks for the information!

            But would like to know, What is the best, secure and faster format to use with 32MB and 64MB SD and XC Cards on these Android TV sticks?

            You mentioned that is better to use FAT32 or NTFS for 16 or 32MB SD-Cards?

            But, what about EXT-FAT formats for SDXC 64MB cards?

            Is Possible to partition these 64MB SDXC Cards?
            I thought.. the did not make these any more (32 and 64 mb cards )
            Perhaps.. you mean GB

            I have one unit.. thats using 'ext 2' on the sdcard..
            It all depens what firmware you are running.. there is a tread where a x7 has a 64gb exfat sdcard

            Choose your firmware.. then see.. what works..and what does not..

            Cheers

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
              I thought.. the did not make these any more (32 and 64 mb cards )
              Perhaps.. you mean GB

              I have one unit.. thats using 'ext 2' on the sdcard..
              It all depens what firmware you are running.. there is a tread where a x7 has a 64gb exfat sdcard

              Choose your firmware.. then see.. what works..and what does not..

              Cheers
              Thanks for your reply!

              Yes I mean 32GB and 64GB...

              Do you know the link of the tread where a x7 has a 64gb exfat sdcard?

              I have a CX-919 with Neomode 1.7 ROM, and various 32GB SD + 64GB SDXC Cards, but since FAT32 don't allow to read/write over 4/5GB archives, I would like to use a faster and newer file format, that can handle these larger files.

              Comment


                #8
                https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mounter&hl=en
                Perhaps..

                About the tread.. ( it was about vold.fstab... if i remember corectly.. try x7 section)
                I tryed finding it.. but got bored to many 'search' results

                Goodluck

                Comment

                Working...
                X