Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joined today and a query from Expert friends about PiPo Max-M8 Pro Tablet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Joined today and a query from Expert friends about PiPo Max-M8 Pro Tablet.

    Hello Everyone I had joined this Forum today.

    I seek Help from everybody to enrich myself in the knowledge of Android.

    Queries :--->

    1) I had purchased a brand new PiPo Max-M8 Pro Tablet,just yesterday.I am still in my dreams ,because of this extraordinary and awesome Tablet at this budget. PiPo had supplied a micro-usb to USB OTG cable/connector. I have a spare micro-USB to USB OTG cable/connector.

    Can I use these 2 OTG cables to be connected with a mini keyboard and USB mouse(optical) separately at the 2 micro-usb ports/slots (one of them being HOST),for functioning?

    If Yes or No , please inform me.

    2). I had downloaded the Pipo_M8_Pro_4.2.2_RileyROM_1.7 from this site as well as update_PIPO_M8 pro-NO3G_2013628 from the PiPo official site.

    Which ROM should I update?

    Please Help me Friends.

    #2
    Joined today and a query from Expert friends about PiPo Max-M8 Pro Tablet.

    I currently have version 2.1 available which has improved wifi reception/connection. I would just try it. Be sure to follow closely the First Time Users Guide. Keep the stock firmware handy if you have problems with my ROM...but I have tested it...and it works fine on my tablet.

    There are problems with Windows 8.1 getting drivers to install...so I would recommend XP or Windows 7 to flash for now. I do have a Windows 8.0 laptop that works pretty well, but after I spent a long time fixing it. I refuse to upgrade to 8.1 until new Rockchip drivers are released.

    You may notice that the USB cable that came with the tablet is a little different. It has a longer micro USB plug to reach further into the case of the tablet for good connection. This is standard with Pipo tablets. Your other connection may work, but you might have difficulty getting it to connect. So try to choose a cable with a longer plug. Some people have success filing off some excess plastic around the plug to make it a little longer.

    Read up in these threads and make note of previous experiences before you try flashing the first time. The First Time Users Guide is a valuable resource.


    Randy
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I currently have version 2.1 available which has improved wifi reception/connection. I would just try it. Be sure to follow closely the First Time Users Guide. Keep the stock firmware handy if you have problems with my ROM...but I have tested it...and it works fine on my tablet.

      There are problems with Windows 8.1 getting drivers to install...so I would recommend XP or Windows 7 to flash for now. I do have a Windows 8.0 laptop that works pretty well, but after I spent a long time fixing it. I refuse to upgrade to 8.1 until new Rockchip drivers are released.

      You may notice that the USB cable that came with the tablet is a little different. It has a longer micro USB plug to reach further into the case of the tablet for good connection. This is standard with Pipo tablets. Your other connection may work, but you might have difficulty getting it to connect. So try to choose a cable with a longer plug. Some people have success filing off some excess plastic around the plug to make it a little longer.

      Read up in these threads and make note of previous experiences before you try flashing the first time. The First Time Users Guide is a valuable resource.


      Randy
      @rrileypm,Thank You For Your advice.
      I have Windows 7(64-bit) Professional as the OS installed onto my PC.
      I shall definitely read the "The First Time Users Guide",which i had aready downloaded onto my PC.
      Then its better to download the latest 2.1 version.
      Do you have the same Tab as mine,the PiPo Max-M8 Pro?
      I mean,this ROM should be compatible for my Tablet,isn't it?
      My tablet is not rooted,hopefully your ROM will render it "rooted"...please reply.

      Comment


        #4
        Joined today and a query from Expert friends about PiPo Max-M8 Pro Tablet.

        Yes, I have the same tablet.

        All of my ROMs are rooted.


        Randy
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

        Comment


          #5
          PiPo Max-M8 Pro seems Dead,not starting...

          Randy PLEASE SAVE ME!!!
          The last comment which I wrote was from the brand new PiPo Tablet.

          But now the Tablet seems dead. It is not starting at all.

          I didn't start the "ROM" upgrade procedure yet.It was running on stock Android-4.2.2 (ROM 20130628: Date)as provided by PiPo.

          What to do?

          I had only downloaded and run the SU (Super User) Android Tool from "Play Store",then it was still working,but suddenly the screen flashed out,and the Tablet stopped(seems to be dead).

          By pressing the Power button(keeping it pressed for some few seconds) several times,the Tablet is not starting.

          Should I RMA# the Tablet?

          I received it ONLY YESTERDAY.

          Friend SAVE ME!!!

          Comment


            #6
            I answered you PM...but I'll repeat here for the benefit of others.

            The first thing to try is to flash the stock firmware with the RKBatchTool (included in my ROM kit in the "alternate tool to reboot to flash mode" folder. You need to download this firmware from Pipo.

            Are you sure you have an M8HD...not an M8 Pro? Just checking, because the two ROM's aren't compatible.

            If you are planning to install a rooted ROM, there is no reason to download superuser from Google Play Store ahead of time. Everything you need is in the ROM. I use SuperSU, which will conflict with the binary file of Superuser if installed and cause boot loops.

            To get out of the boot loop, you must reset the tablet by activating the reset button with a paper clip on the back of the tablet. When the tablet is off, with the tablet attached via USB (Drivers installed, already)...press and hold esc and press power until the flash tool recognizes the device in flash mode. Erase IDB, then flash.

            That's an abbreviated version of the instructions, the detailed version is in the First Time User's Guide.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
              I answered you PM...but I'll repeat here for the benefit of others.

              The first thing to try is to flash the stock firmware with the RKBatchTool (included in my ROM kit in the "alternate tool to reboot to flash mode" folder. You need to download this firmware from Pipo.

              Are you sure you have an M8HD...not an M8 Pro? Just checking, because the two ROM's aren't compatible.

              If you are planning to install a rooted ROM, there is no reason to download superuser from Google Play Store ahead of time. Everything you need is in the ROM. I use SuperSU, which will conflict with the binary file of Superuser if installed and cause boot loops.

              To get out of the boot loop, you must reset the tablet by activating the reset button with a paper clip on the back of the tablet. When the tablet is off, with the tablet attached via USB (Drivers installed, already)...press and hold esc and press power until the flash tool recognizes the device in flash mode. Erase IDB, then flash.

              That's an abbreviated version of the instructions, the detailed version is in the First Time User's Guide.
              Thank You Randy.
              But the most astonishing + peculiar fact that occurred is, that,while I was noting down the S/N of the Tablet by keeping it upside down(the screen kept flat on a clean surface),for some time...the Tablet came back to life.
              As I have already #RMA-ed to the seller regarding the replacement of the Tablet,I am now in a fix that what I should do?
              Randy please guide me...

              Comment


                #8
                I would hold onto it for a few more days to see that you actually back to normal. If the tablet works, just cancel the RMA...otherwise you still have an out. If it's still giving you trouble by Monday, send it back.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                  I would hold onto it for a few more days to see that you actually back to normal. If the tablet works, just cancel the RMA...otherwise you still have an out. If it's still giving you trouble by Monday, send it back.
                  Thanks for the assurance Randy.

                  But I have bricked my tablet while I WAS TRYING TO UPGRADE THE "upgrade_PIPO_M8 pro-NO3G_2013628" tool downloaded from official site of PiPo,after successfully installing the RKBatch Tool.
                  Everything went according to manual steps and operations,but at the end it showed that the upgradation of ROM is failed in red colour .

                  Now what I should do?
                  How do I unbrick my device?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Careful with that word "brick". It isn't necessarily so.

                    It is a good chance you just didn't have a good USB connection when you flashed.

                    Manually get into flash mode by ESC and Power keys at the same time until the flash tool recognizes it in flash mode and try flashing again.

                    Use the cable provided by Pipo. Go directly into a USB 2.0 port on your PC (not USB 3.0) and don't go through a hub. Try a different port this time.

                    Based on our previous conversion, this was the last ditch check before determining it's a hardware issue, because you've flashed every known firmware under the sun, and it's still not right. Try one or two more times and let it sit for a while and come back to it sometime over the weekend. Sometimes just walking away to clear your head will do wonders.

                    After that, the RMA Number might come in handy.
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      Careful with that word "brick". It isn't necessarily so.

                      It is a good chance you just didn't have a good USB connection when you flashed.

                      Manually get into flash mode by ESC and Power keys at the same time until the flash tool recognizes it in flash mode and try flashing again.

                      Use the cable provided by Pipo. Go directly into a USB 2.0 port on your PC (not USB 3.0) and don't go through a hub. Try a different port this time.

                      Based on our previous conversion, this was the last ditch check before determining it's a hardware issue, because you've flashed every known firmware under the sun, and it's still not right. Try one or two more times and let it sit for a while and come back to it sometime over the weekend. Sometimes just walking away to clear your head will do wonders.

                      After that, the RMA Number might come in handy.
                      Hey Randy,just 2 possibilities :

                      Can I unbrick the Tablet using your latest ROM v2.0a?

                      If I sent back the Tablet to the seller in this state,won't the warranty become null & void?

                      Actually the PROBLEM is that the ROM (Eng. version) from
                      http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1811948349

                      the official website of PiPo is not letting to download full file.
                      It is at 501MB or 598MB when the download ceases and shows download completed, without any error message.
                      The Full file ROM capacity is 644.17MB

                      How do I achieve that???

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This is their latest version. This is what I used for the latest ROM.

                        http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1811948349

                        I use the app provided by this download site to download everything, even though it's Chinese because it allows resuming of the download if it stops. I used to use Orbit to download from them, but for some reason it won't resume anymore.
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          This is their latest version. This is what I used for the latest ROM.

                          http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1811948349

                          I use the app provided by this download site to download everything, even though it's Chinese because it allows resuming of the download if it stops. I used to use Orbit to download from them, but for some reason it won't resume anymore.
                          I downloaded the full file successfully this time through "down them all" inside from Firefox,that too under Linux-Mint 15(olivia). Copied the file under Windows-7.

                          My Tablet is running under your superb, THNKS-GIVING ,extraordinary ROM...BUT I HAVE TO REPLACE THE TABLET. The #RMA stands firm.
                          Randy,whenever I am closing the Tablet(off) or clicking(touching) on Reboot Mode,it is taking ages to open up.That too by inserting paper clip end in the reset button,pressing(keeping pressed for about 5 secs.)the power button,etc.A lot of hankering has to be made for the Tablet to open.
                          I am very,very, disappointed that the Tablet is not getting ON quickly and normally.

                          To preserve the "warranty" status, I like to revert back to the above mentioned ROM.
                          I have RKBatch Tool v1.7 ready,with the ROM file,but my PC is recognising this Tablet as HTC Dream under ADB Interface within Device manager.
                          Untill and unless the USB driver is installed,I AM UNABLE TO RESTORE TO THE ORIGINAL STOCK ROM THAT WAS PRESENT IN THE TABLET.

                          Please Help Me,Sir.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            If you successfully flashed my ROM, you can do the same with the stock firmware...it uses the same drivers.

                            What do you mean, the RMA stand's firm? Can't you change your mind?

                            My M8 Pro was kind of weird for about a week after I got it (as I recall). The only way I could ever turn the thing on was to plug it to the PC with the USB cable. I was about to send it back and it just started working, so I didn't. I can't explain it. Gremlins, I guess....
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              If you successfully flashed my ROM, you can do the same with the stock firmware...it uses the same drivers.

                              What do you mean, the RMA stand's firm? Can't you change your mind?

                              My M8 Pro was kind of weird for about a week after I got it (as I recall). The only way I could ever turn the thing on was to plug it to the PC with the USB cable. I was about to send it back and it just started working, so I didn't. I can't explain it. Gremlins, I guess....
                              SUCCESSFULLY FLASHED WITH STOCK FIRMWARE.

                              But ,Friend, after all functions performed successfully,the Tablet is not switching on
                              Do I have to switch on every time by performing a finger exercise,along with a paper clip,etc. and different manoeuvring techniques?
                              So what is your advice? To wait for a loooonnnnggg time to see that the Tablet opens???

                              I am literally heart broken ,Friend.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X