Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help need for BIG NOOB

Hello everybody,
    I have Unknown tablet, and i want to change it in to 97RQ N90FHD RK3188.
    All specifications of my tablet are completely same as 97RQ N90FHD RK3188 (even visually my tablet looks the same as 97RQ N90FHD RK3188), so i think i can change my tablet "status" from UNKNOWN to 97RQ N90FHD RK3188.

So, here the question:
    What i need to do first? (step by step) (in short).

Root? Try somehow rewrite firmware or Custom ROM? flash the tablet?

Thank you all for answer.

P.S. I'm new in tablet-pc, so please don't use terms such as CM7, CM9, PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, ... etc.

Originally posted by Avdryz View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I have Unknown tablet, and i want to change it in to 97RQ N90FHD RK3188.
    All specifications of my tablet are completely same as 97RQ N90FHD RK3188 (even visually my tablet looks the same as 97RQ N90FHD RK3188), so i think i can change my tablet "status" from UNKNOWN to 97RQ N90FHD RK3188.

So, here the question:
    What i need to do first? (step by step) (in short).

Root? Try somehow rewrite firmware or Custom ROM? flash the tablet?

Thank you all for answer.

P.S. I'm new in tablet-pc, so please don't use terms such as CM7, CM9, PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, ... etc.

the question is , why do you want to change it to this specific one ? if you are wanting access to google play and such our developers have custom roms for doing this . so if you could be a bit more clear as to why you need this specific one ,it would help
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Thats called a
      • Build.prop mod
      But.. if you google 97RQ N90FHD
      Then you will find.. that owners of that unit.. change there build.prop to nexus7

anyway.. from xda forum ; the howto in color
      1-you need root [do you have root? ]
      2--you need to download build.prop editor
      3--If you can make a backup of device.. or find a stock rom first [see dev section at freaktab]
      4--If you mess around and it goes wrong..you device might not boot..
      note;
      You need to find a build.prop for your n90fhd entrys.. your self

goodluck

How to improve play store compatibility

-the play store and framework have saved the old settings from the Build-Prob in the cache, so you have to delete them.​
      ---> go to settings --> Apps --> All --> choose the google play store --> clear data --> force stop an then reboot your tablet.​

- next you have to download the "Build.Prop editor" from the play store to adjust your "Build.Prop“​

- Adjust the following entries​

ro.product.brand=Google
      ro.product.name=nakasi
      ro.product.manufacturer=asus
      ro.product.model=Nexus 7
      ro.product.locale.language=de (or us)
      ro.product.locale.region=DE (or US)

- after editing the "Build.Prob" you have to reset your tablet (factory reset)​

- just open play store after reboot and registry with a new account​
      Last edited by mitchell4you; 12-14-2013, 23:10.

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
        the question is , why do you want to change it to this specific one ? if you are wanting access to google play and such our developers have custom roms for doing this . so if you could be a bit more clear as to why you need this specific one ,it would help
        Firs of all i want to change the name of this tab from UNKNOWN tablet to the actual and really existing tablet.
        All attempts to edit my Build.prop file wasn't successful. I tried with: Root Browser Text Editor and ES Note Editor, but result was:

Another thing of this "Operation" is to change unwanted picture which jump out for couple seconds right before Android loading animation. I don't like this picture much so i want to get rid of it. Btw, maybe here is the other way to change it by editing some file or so?

Comment

If I remember correctly..
          there few app that,spoof android device id

if you just seek access..to g-market
          its also much safer then editing system files..

--
          looking at pic
          -did you set the partition to rw?
          --the default is read-only

Comment

Here some information about my unwanted picture.
            I found video on youtube about similar tablet as i have.
            Here it is:
            Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

And you can see (the tablet in video) have picture is well (Linux penguin picture in screen corner). Have no idea how call it. You can see that picture at 5:54 (once after turning tablet ON).
            It shows just for few seconds and then from 6:03 start android loading screen.
            Well, the rest part of this video about this tablet is completely same as i have.
            Still wondering it's any app exist with ability to change this picture without rooting, rewriting ROM or firmware ?

Comment

Hello everybody.
              Big thnx for those who responded to my thread.
              Ok, today (somehow) i rooted my tablet pc. Weee...
              Now i thinking: "It wasn't so hard"
              (turn your tablet OFF - connect your tablet to your PC via USB - install tablet USB drivers - turn tablet ON - launch Rockchip Batch Tool - place ROM (image file) in to Rockchip Batch Tool - Click "restore" button - Wait - DONE. Isn't it? )

After those actions i launched my tablet sucessfully with N90FHD RK3188 drivers inside and with ability to change tablet name via ES File Explorer.
              Oh, and unwanted picture disappeared. (this is nice).

BUT, after checking my tablet more closer, i found few highly unliked things:

1# Tablet internal memory get lost. From 16GB now i got just 2GB.
              2# Not possible install ANY app to tablet.
              3# If i trying take picture, take screenshot, watch pictures or video from tablet or sd card then jump out warning window and says: No Storage No external storage available.

So, now i thinking what i did wrong?
              Any idea?

Comment

So,
                You installed N90FHD firmware on your unbranded unit?
                -your last post is abit confusing (root and rkbatchtool)

So,
                Your storage says
                -internal 2gb (nand)
                -internal sdcard 0kb (nand)
                -does the Tf-slot/sd-card work?
                (Best to make a few pictures.. )

Do you have root?
                You could try adding a sd-card / then using setting-storage 'format sdcard'
                -this will in most units format the nand-sd (known bug on rk units)
                --hopfully Recovering you lost gb's

Comment

I installed Custom ROM's, but that instalation just (as you see) ruined my tab, but after couple days of surfing on internet i found original firmware/ROM for 97RQ N90FHD.
                  Actually i found 3 versions of this firmware: 1# N90FHD 4.1 , 2# N90FHD 4.2 and 3# N90FHD 4.2 Rooted.
                  I tested those 3 ROM's with my tablet and they all fit just perfect. The instalation required just Rockchip Batch Tool 1.6 (or 1.7) and any of those 3 ROM's.
                  All of this ROM's doesn't need any CWM Flash, wipe clock, wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset, wipe Dalvik Cache, install zip from sdcard (i have no idea what the hell suppose to be in that sd card), because they doing it itself.
                  I have to say, this is the best firmware i ever found. Sure i didn't check this with GTA5 or CoD, but for simple user as me it's working quiet well.
                  One more last question: Does Custom Rom's gives just lot of bugs, or they gives any visual benefit for your tablet? And what kind of benefit?

Thank You All who replied to my Thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X