Customs Charges - US buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customs Charges - US buyer

There are a couple tablets I have my eye on that are shipped direct from Asia.
    Who of you in the USA have done this?
    What should I expect for customs charges?
    Any recommended retail sites?
    Any to specifically avoid?

Or should I avoid it altogether and buy from a seller that ships from within the USA?

Have I asked enough question?

In the other hobby I am into (RC Helicopters) people order stuff direct from Asia all the time. But they research the vendor first and look for user reviews etc of the vendor. It's kind of a tough call sometimes. As for extra cost usually shipping is the main thing and can be high. Customs should not charge anything to the buyer but can slow shipping time.

My 3 cents,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      In the other hobby I am into (RC Helicopters) people order stuff direct from Asia all the time. Customs should not charge anything to the buyer but can slow shipping time.
      That's good to hear. **** and Amazon warn that customs may charge import fees if shipping is from out of the USA. In my other hobby (Kilting) the chance of additional import fees is 50/50 depending on the method of shipping. DHL and FEDex almost alway get hit for extra. UPS varies. If shipped on a slow boat, not so much.

.........research the vendor first and look for user reviews etc of the vendor.
      I usually over research stuff so much it pains my wife to ask me for info.

It's kind of a tough call sometimes. As for extra cost usually shipping is the main thing and can be high.
      I have come across a few Asian sites that have low prices and offer free shipping, that is why I was worried about import tax getting tacked on.

Comment

Working...
      X