Run Android and Debian Applications simultaneously on this VolksPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Android and Debian Applications simultaneously on this VolksPC

We have created a unified distribution running both Android and Debian/Ubuntu
    applications at the same time. Here is a clip of how this works:

VolksPC's unified Android + Linux distribution gives users the best of both worlds. Android has good games, HD video playback many apps. Debian Linux is good...

We are also doing an indiegogo campaign to build such a PC.

This low cost solid state Linux PC can run both Debian and Android applications. | Check out 'VolksPC - A PC that runs Android and Linux Apps.' on Indiegogo.

Regards
    Vasant

The...idea.. just Amazing!

But 80.000 for 1000 units... thats a bad deal (in my opinion)

Why not sell the Roms..
    Say, 12 bucks for the rom download
    Say, 12 bucks for updates and support for x years
    I see you already have it running on mk808/rasberry/cubie (Good starting point)

Make it hw compatible with S89 series, and you have many clients and even more starting money
    -you might even get lucky and get vendor/oem support

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Only 1GB? You need 2GB.

What's the idea for raising $80k for hardware when it's about coding a firmware?

Just write an honest solid code that runs on a selective range of few generic boxes or just one popular box and sell it if you are only after money.

Comment

He wants hardware to run the firmware on-- and the manufacturer's attention. VolksPC people, get in touch with me, I want to help. faddat [at] gmail.com. Your project sounds like it really dovetails with my own:

Cheers!

-Jake

Originally posted by washere View Post
        Only 1GB? You need 2GB.

What's the idea for raising $80k for hardware when it's about coding a firmware?

Just write an honest solid code that runs on a selective range of few generic boxes or just one popular box and sell it if you are only after money.

Comment

We do software but there are some kernel changes. This is the reason we provide a complete system. It also mean we can test on the platform. So if we where to consider your proposal then the following issues pop up:
          1. Too many devices, and kernel source is not available.
          2. Can't really test the final software unless we get a copy of each device that we sell software for.

Any idea what is the most popular RK3188T device right now ?

Vasant

Comment

nvm
            Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2014, 07:38.

Comment

I have a Tronsmart MK908II which is a RK3188T quad core with 2GB memory. I will take a look at bringing up our software on this system.

The other issue with selling software is piracy. It would be difficult to stop a chinese manufacture from loading this on their devices and selling.

Regards
              Vasant

Comment

nvm
                Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2014, 07:37.

Comment

nvm
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2014, 07:37.

Comment

Working...
                  X