No announcement yet.

Tronsmart TSM-G62C Remote Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, but I saw a detailed review:http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/08/...deluxe-review/, if you are interested in it.

Comment

Thanks, very interesting! Wonder if there will be a Mele F10 Pro Deluxe?

Comment

Tronsmart TSM-G62C Remote Control

Hi hallergard. From your blog, first name Krister? Thanks for posting this topic. I bought the Tronsmart TSM-G62C remote mainly on your recommendation.

My first air mouse was the Rii K25A which had horrible cursor control, had interference issues with the 2.4 GHz dongle and seemed to deteriorate by the day. With in a week I sent it back through Amazon.

The TSM-G62C is pretty good. The cursor control is so much better than what is probably an earlier design. I like how the cursor goes inactive when the keyboard is in use. I really wish the remote designers would make these devices about 50 percent bigger all around - like a Comcast/Motorola DVR remote. Easier to use the keyboard and would make room for a dedicated upper row of Android function keys.

The OK button works properly where the Rii unit did not. It had a separate left mouse button under the directional pad. The Tronsmart OK button really needs to be either recessed or projected in height relative to the arrow keys since it is too easy for the finger to move off the center button onto one of those and pressing, pressing, pressing - and nothing happens until I look at the remote and see what happened! The directional pad arrow keys don't work in very many Android screens such as Media Center although, surprisingly, they work when paging through files on the Google Drive app!

I have been using a Logitech K400r plugged in at the same time to my Beelink S82 while I have been setting up the Nova Launcher interface for Android TV - it's easier. The S82 has two USB ports and the two remotes get along well for the most part. The last couple of days the Tronsmart has become disconnected once in awhile when coming out of suspend mode, requiring me to plug/unplug the dongle. I am finding I don't use the Tronsmart keyboard very much because it is much too small. Perhaps when all development is done I will have only occasional need for it anyway.

I have not even tried the voice support. Seems - unnecessary - at this point.

Ken
        Last edited by kenj66; 11-03-2014, 23:14.
        Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
        SIMPLE MEDIA CENTER USING GOOGLE DRIVE
        LOGITECH K400r INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ANDROID TV
        ANDROID EXTERNAL KEYBOARD SHORTCUT KEYS [DOCUMENTATION]
        NOVA LAUNCHER SET UP FOR INTERNET TV
        DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Tronsmart TSM-G62C Failure!

In the days after leaving the previous post my Tronsmart TSM-G62C connection problem rapidly became worse and then refused to connect any longer. I suspect the dongle has failed. It failed just beyond the 30 day replacement guarantee. This is the second device that had a similar failure.

I am currently trying an Aerb/Vigica/Sannysis air mouse/keyboard and the mouse pointer stability and the key press feel is the best yet. Still too new to report on.

Ken
          Beelink S82 M8B MediaBox ... Android Kitkat 4.4.2 ... Vigica MX3 Air Mouse (Aerb, Sannysis) ... Logitech K400r
          DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Ken, interesting! Looking forward to hearing what you conclude about Aerb/Vigica/Sunnysis products!
            Kris

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hallergard View Post
              Ken, interesting! Looking forward to hearing what you conclude about Aerb/Vigica/Sunnysis products!
              Kris

I just recently realized that the MX3 referred to earlier in this topic is what I have! Mine is provided by Vigica but appears identical to the Aerb and Sunnysis offerings. There are NO markings on this remote for brand, model or revision. Since I haven't used it very long I will give just a brief review for now.

The air mouse control is great, very comparable to the Tronsmart TSM-G62C before mine failed. I have reduced the mouse sensitivity in Android settings to 40 percent which makes the pointer very controllable.

I am particularly pleased with the Page Up/Page Down rocker control which none of the other remotes seem to have. Works great for paging through websites in the web browser. Like so many of these devices the functionality can be context specific. Page Up/Down does not work in the Netflix app which is dissappointing. It would be quite useful there. The Android UI API needs some work!

A disappointment for me is the media keys are completely dead. Other reviewers, especially those who use XBMC/Kodi think they work great. <shrug>

The keyboard keys feel better than the Tronsmart, IMO. The ALT key is a toggle rather than a modifier key.

Here is a link to the user manual with the English improved. The reference to "flying squirrel" has been removed!

Ken
              DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Thanks Ken. I am tempted to buy it. But it does not do voice voice search though?

Comment

Thanks Ken. I am tempted to buy it. But it does not do voice voice search though?

No voice support.
                  DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Kris

Hi Kris,

I was waiting to put together a proper review of the MX3 but it may not happen. Meanwhile, I will say I enjoy using the MX3 better than any other remote. I also received a Mele F10-PRO, tried it briefly and simply could not warm up to it. So, until some future time I will continue with the MX3.

The air mouse function is superb! Pushing the OK button on other remotes sometimes moves the pointer off the intended mark and I find I can easily control this one. I really like the Page Up/Page Down rocker which works properly in the web browser. With all the keys the keypress "feel" is the best. Using the CEC function I can use a programmed IR key to power up my S82 and the TV powers up and switches to the proper input. I programmed the upper-left power button for the TV and powering down the TV also powers down the S82. It's a bit quirky but serves as a one-key, one-remote solution.

Drawbacks - I haven't found any use for the five media keys across the top. The search and zoom keys are also dead on my unit. I even tried the very frustrating XBMC and they didn't work. It seems every remote has its good features and shortcomings.

I left a bit more info here.

Ken
                    DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Am very tempted, but am looking for
                      1. superb air mouse function also on Windows & Linux
                      2. multimedia keys Kodi
                      3. voice search
                      Keyboard can be basic - and don't care about IR (unless it can change source on the TV). The fact that we now have 2 remotes with superb air mouse function, gives me good hope that there soon will appear one that ticks all my boxes.

Comment

Kris

Hey Kris, here is the new review topic.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-Remote-Review

Enjoy!

Ken
                        DOCUMENTATION?

Comment

Thanks Ken, have subscribed to this thread too.

Comment

user nce.manual?

Hello,
                            Does anyone have a user manual for this remote? I bought one online and they did not supply the manual. I am trying to use it with an android tv box I have and it is not being detected. I am probably not doing something right!
                            thanks in adv

Comment

Maybe this is what I (we) have been looking for?
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpn-MJpllIA
                              Measy?
                              http://amzn.to/1IHd5RS

Comment

Working...
                              X