Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Review] GALAZ A1 - Tegra4 Premium Tablet

Hi Dear Friends,
    I have posted my review on XDA and I thought to share it here also, I hope you gonna like it.

I came across this tablet few weeks ago, I really liked it but could't find any info here or on the web
    in English, So I have started digging and found out that this tablet is really good and from well know
    Nvidia GPU graphics card and PC related product maker -"GALAXY".

So Today I have decided to give it a chance and ordered it from Banggood, the price ain't cheap ~270$ with coupons for Chinese Brand tablet - this is why I call it a "Premium" Tablet .
    After testing my new FNF iFive mini 3GS - my appetite got bigger - and TEGRA 4 looks delicious compare to RK3188/Z2580/MTK6592 .

Update 07/13/2014: Dear Friends - Meet GALAZ A1

I am Happy to introduce you to this High quality Tegra4 Tablet - Meet - GALAZ A1 Tablet!
    I can say that for now it looks the best quality Chinese tablet with great specs and build quality, as soon as I will install GAAPS on this tablet it gonna be perfect , please post your opinion

Manufacturer Website: http://cn.galaz.biz/galaz_A1.html
    Galaxy Brand: http://www.galaxytech.com/

Key Features:
    • 10.1" 16M-color IPS OGS capacitive touchscreen , 1920 x 1200 resolution, 227PPI
    • Android OS v4.4.2 KitKat
    • Nvidia Tegra 4 A15 4+1 core 1.8Ghz ,2GB RAM, 72cores GPU;
    • 5MP autofocus camera, 1080P video recording @ 30fps, continuous autofocus
    • 2MP front-facing camera, 720P video recording
    • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • 16GB of built-in storage; microSD card slot
    • Bluetooth v4.0
    • Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
    • Smart gravity sensor, ambient light sensor, three-axis gyroscope, electronic compass
    • 7,800mAh Li-Ion battery
    • 264X169.6X7.8mm

Main Advantages:
    • Tegra4 (72GPU cores) SOC- much better then RK3188/MTK6592 devices.
    • Superb OGS IPS screen- no gap between the glass and the LCD and you get the black mirror effect.
    • Premium look and feel- solid build, 7.8mm thick.
    • Stereo Speakers.
    • Large 7800mAh battery- I will post battery log later.

Main disadvantages:
    • Tegra4 can get really hot at Maximum performance mode under heavy load.
    • No front Stereo Speakers, Ipad3 speaker sound little better(deeper sound).
    • Pure black areas can get yellowish at high brightness at extreme angles
    • No GAAPS preinstalled

Design and Build
    Galaz A1 looks really elegant, has a Premium feel and the OGS panel contribute to appearance when the screen is OFF- Pure Black Mirror effect.
    It feels solid and well build - I am sure that anywhere you go it will turn heads
    My only complain about this tablet is that it Gets really hot at the CPU area while using Maximum performance mode under heavy load- I wonder how the mighty K1 gonna perform in this matter.
    the good news is that even the Power Saving mode is powerful enough and the tablet doesn't get hot

The Volume+power button located on the Left side of the device next to microSD slot, microUSB port, 3.5mm headphone jack and Mic.

The speakers located on both sides at the button corners.

The tablet is really thin ~ 7.8mm for 10.1" Tablet!.

The 2A charger + MicroUsb cable.

The Superb Screen:
    The Best Part about this tablet is it's Superb OGS IPS panel - 1920x1200 resolution, 227PPI!
    This Screen is real OGS panel- there is no gap between the glass and the LCD and you get the same experience like it the latest smartphones OGS panels.
    Browsing web, Watching Movies, Playing games - You gonna enjoy from every second of it - it has great contrast and Blacks with good brightness.
    The touch screen support muti-touch, support 10 points touch, the touch pane is accurate and responsive and I have no complaint.
    The viewing angles are great as expected from high quality OGS IPS panel:

Calibration image taken from: http://webtransformer.com/calibrate/

KitKat 4.4.2 on Tegra4
    Lately we see more and more device runnig KitKat, Galaz did great job making stable KitKat rom and it supports multi-language and OTA updates, The ROM is clean without any chinese apps but also without GAPPS .
    I have found Android 4.3 Rom with Gapps+Root and soon I will try it and post the guide- meanwhile I am using Amazon App market.

The UI feels smooth and responsive.

Camera Quality:- Samples Will be added Soon

GALAZ A1 equipped with 5MP(ov5693) auto-focus, f2.4 aperture, support HDR Back camera and 2MP(gc2035) FF front camera , the image quality is descent for a tablet.
    Here are some Samples images from the back camera- Click for 100% size:

_____HDR OFF_____________ HDR ON

Front 2MP camera:

Wi-Fi reception
    The Wi-Fi reception on this tablet is very strong, better then other Chinese tablets and smartphones I have tested.

GPS - will update soon how it performed in real life

Last edited by HwGeek; 05-30-2015, 06:54.

Benchmarks:

Antutu V5 Preview!

3Dmark

AntutuX

GFX Bench

NenaMark2

Basemark OS2

Vellamo

Quadrant

Specs:

Comment

complete info, thanks