CS918II RK3288 Quad Core TV Box Review with videos and discount coupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS918II RK3288 Quad Core TV Box Review with videos and discount coupon

Lately i had the chance to review some RK3288 devices, one of them is the succesor of the famous CS918 which was powered by the older RK3188 Rockchip processor.

I am talking about the CS918II of course which returned more powerfull than ever before. This time the newer model sports the latest RK3288 processor by Rockchip and it doesn't have the h/w acceleration limitations the previous cpu had. I am talking about xbmc of course because as we all remember to playback 1080p videos needed some work to be done and you couldn't play them out of the box. This is not the case here and everything runs great, back first let's talk about the looks and hardware of the device.

Hardware
    The CS918II has a very nice blue colour accompanied with grey and black as well giving it a very stylish appearence

On the side we have 2 USB 2.0 ports along with the MicroSD card slot

Loking at the back we have one more USB 2.0, Ethernet, MicroHDMI, SPDIF Optical audio output, MicroUSB OTG, A/V Output, D/C Input and an external wifi antenna

On the front we can see the IR Receiver as well as the built in microphone for voice controls

Here I'm using voice search using the built in microphone

So to sum it up, the ports we get are:
    3x USB 2.0
    MicroHDMI Output
    MicroUSB OTG
    SPDIF Optical audio output
    Ethernet
    A/V Output
    D/C Input
    IR Receiver
    Microphone
    External WiFi antenna
    MicroSD Card Slot
    On/Off Button
    The external antenna gives great wifi signal and it looks a lot like the one Minix Neo X8-H has

Specifications
    The CS918II has one great aspect which is RAW POWER. It's main specifications are:
    CPU: Rockchip RK3288 running at 1.8 Ghz max
    GPU: Mali-T764
    RAM: 2GB DDR3
    NAND FLASH: 16GB
    WIFI: 802.11 b/g/n dual band 2.4G/5G
    Bluetooth 4.0
    4k video playback
    XBMC full H/W Acceleration
    Everything runs smooth with no lags and it is based on the stock android experience

Google Earth is a very CPU intensive application and yet the CS918II didn't give me the slightest lag. It ran perfect with no hiccups and due to the great wifi reception, the map loaded quickly too.

Performance
    According to the benchmarks i performed on the device you will find out that the performance is excellent

Firstly i ran the very well known and one of the most reliable benchmarks on the play store, the Antutu Benchmark and our device gave us the score of 35687 points which is great

Next test is 3D mark and we got a score of 7207 points

The final test i made showed us that the CS918II handles a great amount of video files perfect. Here are the results

Video Playback
    XBMC also satisfied me because i tried some 1080p high bitrate videos and i got the perfect playback

The first video i tried is 1080p 10Mbps

And the second one is 1080p 40Mbps

I tried a 4k video file too and there was some frame loss but that may be due to the fact that the videos where loaded from an external USB flash drive

Gaming
    Lastly i tried to play some PSP games through an emulator called PPSSPP. To do that i connected an original Dual Shock 2 controller from PS2 using a USB adapter and the CS918II recognized it perfectly which means that it has gamepad drivers preinstalled.

Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection gave me perfect playback as well as the Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny but Tekken 6 and Gran Turismo didn't give me good results and the playback was slow. This is somewhat normal though because these two games are very intensive and maybe the most intensive PSP games to date.

Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection

Tekken 6

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny

Gran Turismo

Final Thoughts
    CS918II is a great device and it gives you an excellent experience with no lags or slowdowns, plus you can use it as a gaming console as well because it has native gamepad support and in combination with its powerfull cpu and gpu you can play hundreds of PSP, PSX, android and other console games using emulators.

Pros:
    Native gamepad support
    Raw power
    Lots of ports
    Great video playback including 4k
    Excellent XBMC support
    Perfect wifi reception
    You can use it as a game console too
    Price
    Size
    A/V Output to use it on a non HDMI tv
    Dual band wifi
    IR Remote included

Cons:
    Slightly warm after some hours of usage
    As you can see the device is almost perfect and at this price you can't go wrong

You can watch my Unboxing and full review by clicking the links below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZd37zEjXFI&list=UU3vKQBLV1YEl2sXura8yIow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Qj-QV7Q2Y&list=UU3vKQBLV1YEl2sXura8yIow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7QzISCtdFs&list=UU3vKQBLV1YEl2sXura8yIow
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyT2S5h7_4A&list=UU3vKQBLV1YEl2sXura8yIow

For orders visit the official product page and use this COUPON CODE: GBCSLG to get it at 99.99$

Thank you
Working...
X