Freaktab developer review : VOYO MINI WIN 8.1 PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaktab developer review : VOYO MINI WIN 8.1 PC

Hi everyone, I was recently asked by Emma from Geekbuying to do a review of the Voyo Windows 8.1 mini pc.

It is labeled as the bing edition of windows 8.1. Here is a small amount of info on that http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...-bing-revealed.

I have a windows 8.1 pc that I use everyday at the tattoo studio but have never really been a fan of Windows 8.

My work PC does not run anywhere like my windows 7 pc at home. it has given me several problems over time and it all seemed to be OS related.

so I was very skeptical of how this device would operate.

However, I have been very impressed with the fuctionality of this little guy.

When you first turn the device on there are a NUMBER of updates. It does take quite awhile to go through them.

It is very important that you keep the device turned on during these updates.
    these updates can be a headache to wait for . so don't think something is wrong ,be patient.
    I have seen stories posted of the blue (and black) screen of death, but I also found there to be a few solutions if these problems do arise.

Here is a thread on the subject - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ni-pc-problems.

I recieved the unit via DHL and everything was in great shape.

The unit is very light and sort of makes you feel it would be fragile. However, it has a sturdy build.

It has several nice features.but may lack some ( depending on your needs )

*a Intel Baytrail-T Z3735 22nm CPU

*connects thru WIFI, and lacks an ethernet jack. it has Bluetooth as well

*Mobile data: Support GPRS / EDGE Class 12, HSPA+(21M/5.6M)

*device has a 1000mAh battery so it will stay on for a period of about 3 hours.

*2GB RAM 64GB storage ROM (external capacity up to 128GB)

*3 full size usb ports, 1 sd card slot, 1 mini HDMI port,
    the power port, and a power button on the front with led power light and a 3.5mm audio output

*a small unit 5 inches square and a half inch thick is compact to say the least.

and the power adapter will need to be replaced
    if you don't like the one that comes with it .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150209_125234756_HDR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	440194 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150209_125124343_HDR.jpg
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	440184 Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesYKW826HT.jpg
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	440185 This would be a nice compact setup

I had to go purchase a HDMI to mini HDMI cord. That is the first downside to the box I noticed . not everyday do you have one laying around.

It is a real shame that it is not a full size HDMI.

The ports seem a bit weak. I noticed the mini HDMI cut the signal connection from time to time
    and I would have to wiggle the plug to get signal back. Not sure if it was just the box I have, or not.

I can see the need for improvement on the stability of the ports.Click image for larger version

Name:	ghghg.PNG
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	440186

i opened the unit to see what was inside. looks alot like a tablet . so you could see where maybe some cooling might be needed.

Name:	IMG_20150210_141806865_HDR.jpg
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	440188Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150210_141823816_HDR.jpg
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	440187
    you don't have to pay for the windows os loaded on already .

no activation or anything . plug and play

Name:	screen 1.jpg
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	440190Click image for larger version

Name:	Capturescreen 2.jpg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	440189

Name:	susus.PNG
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	440191 i was very pleased to see photoshop ran great !!!

Normal daily use of the pc itself is a lot smoother than my work pc. It could be a relatively cheap alternitive to buying a full on pc
    for the right person.

If you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, you would have a reliable enough combo for everyday use.

With the SD card slot or another drive, you could have all the room you need.

I watched some movies from an external hard drive and had no issue whatsoever.

I loaded photoshop cs5 onto the pc and ran it while a movie was playing
    and just alone as well.

With the movie going it lagged a bit but using photoshop by itself was great, no problems.

using the stock windows media player was just fine. i use the win 8 netflix app and had good results.

I did not try KODI or XBMC , I have seen several posts dicussing this and everyone seems as if it works well.

i have yet to see someone try any 4k video yet. i would say the 4k TV would be required. lol

I have watched movies and used several different programs just testing general things.and have found
    the unit has gotten warm at times,never enough to make it crash or anything.

i was very pleased with the performance of this tiny box, it runs just like a everyday PC with some extra perks .

heat could be an issue after some time. i'm going to get a small heatsink i found
    online and see if that helps with cooling .

if your going to push it ,then i would suggest to go ahead and take care of the cooling .
    the posts that I have seen on this subject all point to needing more cooling for sure .

once again, I thank Emma and all the guys at GEEKBUYING for the chance to do this review.
    as always a pleasure to do this for you .

i will update this post with any more findings or whatever arises .

this is worth the price for sure, i would recommend this unit to anyone who could use the basic dual purpose of a PC and mediaplayer .

if you have any questions just pm me and i will see if i can help.

heres the basic specs

Name:	rtttr.PNG
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	440192Click image for larger version

Name:	rtrt.PNG
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	440193

here is a $15 off coupon for VOYO MINI PC: DYYLAVEJ

so I hope you gained some good knowledge from my review and i'll see ya next time !!

Tattman65
    Freaktab art developer

moderator .
    Last edited by tattman65; 03-04-2015, 01:14.
    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
    Hi everyone, I was recently asked by Emma from Geekbuying to do a review of the Voyo Windows 8.1 mini pc.

It is labeled as the bing edition of windows 8.1. Here is a small amount of info on that http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/wi...-bing-revealed.

I have a windows 8.1 pc that I use everyday at the tattoo studio but have never really been a fan of Windows 8.

My work PC does not run anywhere like my windows 7 pc at home. it has given me several problems over time and it all seemed to be OS related.

so I was very skeptical of how this device would operate.

However, I have been very impressed with the fuctionality of this little guy.

When you first turn the device on there are a NUMBER of updates. It does take quite awhile to go through them.

It is very important that you keep the device turned on during these updates.
    these updates can be a headache to wait for . so don't think something is wrong ,be patient.
    I have seen stories posted of the blue (and black) screen of death, but I also found there to be a few solutions if these problems do arise.

Here is a thread on the subject - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ni-pc-problems.

I recieved the unit via DHL and everything was in great shape.

The unit is very light and sort of makes you feel it would be fragile. However, it has a sturdy build.

It has several nice features.but may lack some ( depending on your needs )

*a Intel Baytrail-T Z3735 22nm CPU

*connects thru WIFI, and lacks an ethernet jack. it has Bluetooth as well

*Mobile data: Support GPRS / EDGE Class 12, HSPA+(21M/5.6M)

*device has a 1000mAh battery so it will stay on for a period of about 3 hours.

*2GB RAM 64GB storage ROM (external capacity up to 128GB)

*3 full size usb ports, 1 sd card slot, 1 mini HDMI port,
    the power port, and a power button on the front with led power light and a 3.5mm audio output

*a small unit 5 inches square and a half inch thick is compact to say the least.

and the power adapter will need to be replaced
    if you don't like the one that comes with it .
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]10652[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10642[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]10643[/ATTACH] This would be a nice compact setup

I had to go purchase a HDMI to mini HDMI cord. That is the first downside to the box I noticed . not everyday do you have one laying around.

It is a real shame that it is not a full size HDMI.

The ports seem a bit weak. I noticed the mini HDMI cut the signal connection from time to time
    and I would have to wiggle the plug to get signal back. Not sure if it was just the box I have, or not.

I can see the need for improvement on the stability of the ports.[ATTACH=CONFIG]10644[/ATTACH]

i opened the unit to see what was inside. looks alot like a tablet . so you could see where maybe some cooling might be needed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10646[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10645[/ATTACH]
    you don't have to pay for the windows os loaded on already .

no activation or anything . plug and play

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10647[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10649[/ATTACH] i was very pleased to see photoshop ran great !!!

Normal daily use of the pc itself is a lot smoother than my work pc. It could be a relatively cheap alternitive to buying a full on pc
    for the right person.

If you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, you would have a reliable enough combo for everyday use.

With the SD card slot or another drive, you could have all the room you need.

I watched some movies from an external hard drive and had no issue whatsoever.

I loaded photoshop cs5 onto the pc and ran it while a movie was playing
    and just alone as well.

With the movie going it lagged a bit but using photoshop by itself was great, no problems.

using the stock windows media player was just fine. i use the win 8 netflix app and had good results.

I did not try KODI or XBMC , I have seen several posts dicussing this and everyone seems as if it works well.

i have yet to see someone try any 4k video yet. i would say the 4k TV would be required. lol

I have watched movies and used several different programs just testing general things.and have found
    the unit has gotten warm at times,never enough to make it crash or anything.

i was very pleased with the performance of this tiny box, it runs just like a everyday PC with some extra perks .

heat could be an issue after some time. i'm going to get a small heatsink i found
    online and see if that helps with cooling .

if your going to push it ,then i would suggest to go ahead and take care of the cooling .
    the posts that I have seen on this subject all point to needing more cooling for sure .

once again, I thank Emma and all the guys at GEEKBUYING for the chance to do this review.
    as always a pleasure to do this for you .

i will update this post with any more findings or whatever arises .

this is worth the price for sure, i would recommend this unit to anyone who could use the basic dual purpose of a PC and mediaplayer .

if you have any questions just pm me and i will see if i can help.

heres the basic specs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10651[/ATTACH]

here is a $15 off coupon for VOYO MINI PC: DYYLAVEJ

so I hope you gained some good knowledge from my review and i'll see ya next time !!

Tattman65
    Freaktab art developer

moderator .
    Thank you for your good job.

Sincerely
    Emma
    Coupons Updated Every Day: https://bit.ly/2RnbHUi

Deals for TV Boxes & Mini PC: https://bit.ly/2s7ugxD

Comment

so it does not supports 1TB external hard drive??

Comment

Originally posted by GeekBuyer View Post
        so it does not supports 1TB external hard drive??
        I played movies from my terabyte external just fine .
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Working...
        X