Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINIX NEO Z64 Windows Edition Review

Hi all,
    I had a chance to review the MINIX NEO Z64 Windows Edition. Thanks to GeekBuying for providing me a sample to review. You can get one from them here running Windows or Android.

Technical Specs
    • Chipset: Intel Baytrail quad core processor with Intel HD graphics (Z3735F)
    • RAM: 2 GB DDR3
    • Storage: 32GB eMMC + microSD slot up to 128GB
    • Video & Audio Output: HDMI 1.4, 3.5mm Audio
    • Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
    • USB: 2x USB 2.0 port

Unboxing

Key Points
    • The device boots up fast, reaching the Windows Start screen in just 13 seconds.
    • It runs Windows 8.1 with Bing which is 32-bit and comes activated so no "trial" version as we've seen with some devices.
    • When the device first boots up, it has 20.1/24.7GB free. The remaining space is allocated to system and recovery partitions.
    • Kodi performed brilliantly, handling most codecs - even 1080p Hi10p samples were watchable (although there were a few dropped frames). Auto framerate switching worked flawlessly.
    • Gaming performance was quite good given the relatively weak GPU, competently handling Beach Buggy Racing on Maximum settings at 1080p.
    • I had no issues streaming 1080p videos from an NFS share via WiFi which was great.

Verdict
    Overall, the MINIX NEO Z64 is an impressive little Windows PC that would make an excellent HTPC or desktop. Its built-quality and performance exceed its budget price tag.

For more images and benchmarks, see http://hometheatrelife.com/minix-neo...ndows-mini-pc/
    Come visit Home Theatre Life for the latest reviews!
    Read the Latest Article: Nexbox A95X Pro Review - Android TV for under $40!
Working...
X