Two new quad-core tablets from Cube will be on sale this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really excited to hear that there will be two quad core tablets from Cube to hit the market some time this month, as I have been a fan of Cube ever since the MP4 era because of its excellent quality and reasonable price. I saw their product posters in their chat group this morning, and I wanna share this information with you guys here:

1. Quad core U30GT1 (Pea 1)

The Cube U30GT1 is the sister version of its widely celebrated Quad core U30GT2 tablet. Powered by the same impeccable quad core RK3188 Soc., the U30GT1 has downgraded the display resolution to WXGA (1280*800), and the rear side camera to 2MP.

As you have probably figured out already, this tablet is marketing towards users who need a 10.1 inch quad core tablet yet on a tighter budget.

Highlights:

-10.1 inch high quality display, 1280*800, wide viewing angles.
    -RK3188 Soc., based on 28nm workmanship and Cortex-A9 frame, speed up to 1.8GHZ, Mali400-MP4 GPU@533MHZ.
    -1GB RAM. ANTUTU Benchmark Score exceeds 18,000!
    -Dual Cameras + LED Flash.
    -ACC stereo speakers.
    -Anti-rolling frame.
    -Built-in Bluetooth.
    -Intelligent light sensor
    -HDMI
    -7,200mAh Li-PO battery

Price: RMB 1,199 (USD 199)

The fact that Cube hasn't cut corners on the Bluetooth, anti-rolling frame and HDMI is actually quite impressive. A WXGA display with decent viewing angles is nice enough for the majority of users, and the reduction of pixels actually means speedier overall performance. The 2MP rear side camera is sufficient for any tablet, if you really want to shoot some decent photos, please use a phone!

But there're still some uncertainties, what is the display gonna be, is it gonna be an IPS-equivalent or is it gonna be a normal TN display, that's what I am really curious about.

2. Quad core U35GT (Cactus)

The Cactus has featured a 7.9 inch IPS display, which is very popular among tablet makers at the moment.

Highlights:

-7.9 inch IPS display, 1024*768.
    -Ultra slim metal case design.
    -RK3188 Soc., based on 28nm workmanship and Cortex-A9 frame, speed up to 1.8GHZ, Mali400-MP4 GPU@533MHZ.
    -2GB RAM
    -ACC stereo speakers.
    -Anti-rolling frame.
    -Built-in Bluetooth.
    -Intelligent light sensor
    -HDMI
    -10,000mAh battery

Price: unknown yet

Thanks to the unrivaled popularity of the Apple iPad Mini, tablets with an 8 inch display and narrow bezel are currently the most celebrated.
    Besides the fashionable narrow bezel and the incredible ultra slim metal design, what really astonishes me is the 10,000mAh battery! I am really looking forward to the Cactus' battery life! Hope it's not gonna be too costly, though!

How much do u guys think the Cactus should be priced?
    Last edited by jupiter2012; 05-03-2013, 03:00.

Welcome to freaktab, friend, Nice Ads

The price you mention should be in china retail price, it don't include the shipping cost.

If you are intested in this Cube u30gt1, you can buy it from Geekbuying

Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
      Welcome to freaktab, friend, Nice Ads

The price you mention should be in china retail price, it don't include the shipping cost.

If you are intested in this Cube u30gt1, you can buy it from Geekbuying

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Cube-...be-U30GT1-0429
      I am just sharing information, I think what u posted here is the real ads.

Comment

Little cat fight going on here
        Thanks for ads and information, will check to see cheapest place about and if any support for them in future.
        Also why in geekbuying's link it shows only 1gb ram whereas Jupiters post states 2GB?
        Which is correct here?
        Best wishes

Comment

Thanks for the info, these look pretty interesting. The only thing is why does the larger higher resolution tablet have so small of a battery capacity? You would think it would be the other way around 10k mAh for the 10.1 and 7200 mAh for the 7.9.

Also for geekbuying, there is a difference between what jupiter posted and what you have on your page. So is the amount of RAM 2 Gigs like jupiter posted or 1 gig like you have posted?

Comment

Re: Two new quad-core tablets from Cube will be on sale this month

Originally posted by Wingchundub View Post
            Little cat fight going on here
            Thanks for ads and information, will check to see cheapest place about and if any support for them in future.
            Also why in geekbuying's link it shows only 1gb ram whereas Jupiters post states 2GB?
            Which is correct here?
            Best wishes
            I am probably wrong about the specs, will check it later.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The discussion in this thread relates to some important questions I have about Chinese brand products & sellers, particularly computing devices, specifically Mini-Pcs (TV Boxes) & Tablet PCs.

I am a computing\high tech enthusiast. Over the years, I have owned or inspected about every significant type and brand of computer, especially mobile devices. I've been a critic of the manufacturing and the Operating System industries for always keeping consumers far behind the current state of technology. For instance, I had a practical 32 oz tablet
              computer that ran on two AA batteries in 1990. It was an off-the-shelf parts creation of British genius Clive Sinclair, the Sinclair Z88, which ran on British Basic and came with an easy to understand and use OZ Basic programming book, the Z88 was lightning fast. Everything ran on ROM memory so it was "no boot required". A full set of PIM programs were built in and additional programs came on ROM chips in small cartridges user inserted in one of the three card slots. The major computer magazine journalists used them to take on the road with them. Unfortunately, magazine product journalists serve the manufacturer who buys their support, not the consumer as people assume. Not one of them ever
              wrote an article about their favorite portable computer. This 1980s $350 British Wonder never took off outside Britain.

It wasn't until 15 years later that Apple decided it needed a new edge in the market that the modern Tablet appeared. The technology existed in the 1980s. People like me were stuck modifying the 2 pound enterprise only NEC or HP Jornada hand held computer which was always severely limited by the Microsoft CE Operating System. Hand Held Computer makers used CE for the EPPROM embeded Operating System. Microsoft's Bill Gates saw no future in any portable device operating system, so CE was a bad joke. It took computing skills to make Handhelds into general mobile computers. These devices started at about $1200 (& software was limited). $1200 was a lot more money in the 1990s than it is now.

Now, Westerners have an opportunity to skip over brand name corporations who have Chinese factories make their digital devices, multiply the retail price a few times more than they pay Chinese to make them and then men who are not true businessmen (senior corporate executives) give themselves salaries that would be the envy of the princes and kings of the authoritarian world. We have a chance through good Chinese sellers such as Geekbuying to buy direct from China, cutting out the elite mangerial fat cats who transfer work overseas so they can buy personal super yachts, jumbo jets, 40 foot cars and palatial homes. Unlike the lords of old, these modern lords don't even need military skills or to maintain armies to lord over the people.

What's wrong with Geekbuying, In4dealz and the other handful of honest China sellers? Their sales would fly and good Chinese factory direct sales would sky rocket if they simply did a few things.

1) Install standard Android in your devices targeted for foreign sales. You radically reduce your sales by shipping devices with an Android that must be upgraded with a multi-step process and risk of bricking the device in order to get Android so it plays Youube, allows any Internet site or gets access to the real Google Play app store.

2) make sure devices have a good Wifi Radio.

3) Set your Android OS so it will not revert to Chinese when it is reset

4) Clearly Brand name label your devices, especially the mini-pcs, so buyers know what they are getting and so inferior knock-offs are not so easy to make and sell.

5) Provide detailed specs --the model and brand name of the critical hardware inside devices --the wifi radio, the system boards, etc.

Chinese factories make much more money selling direct and Western consumers have a way to vote against exploitative corporate executives if excellent sellers like Geekbuying go an extra step. And its just smart business to take simple steps that will expand you sales way beyond small enthusiast groups.

Whats holding these sellers and factories back?
              Last edited by Bruisedquasar012; 05-02-2013, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by jupiter2012 View Post
                I am just sharing information, I think what u posted here is the real ads.
                If you read the sticky to this forum about our advertisers, you will understand the criteria we use to select vendors worthy of advertising on Freaktab. Geekbuying is a very active member here and provides valuable information to us.

Please understand that it IS ok for Geekbuying to post links to their products here. In fact, we really appreciate it.

If fact, on some of our ROM's you will see the Geekbuying logo on the boot screen which signifies that Geekbuying provided a significant level of support to us in creating the ROM...whether it was obtaining the factory firmware for us to use, or providing a test device at a discount for our developers to use. We state this quite often, but it doesn't hurt to repeat occasionally.

My experience with the products from China is that they are getting better at polishing their firmware a little more before releasing new products, and they are providing updates to fix problems that are encountered after the first release (at least for the currently selling devices). In fact, Pipo is even providing English firmware on their site to update to. Our Freaktab developers generally change to default to English.

The ROMs themselves are pretty much pure Android, except for a sizable amount of China specific bloatware, which we try to delete in our custom ROMs. Sometimes we leave one or two Chinese apps either because we overlook them...or they are required for certain features to function.

Unfortunately, the big vendors in the US limit the choices to the big names with higher price tags. That is what the mainstream tends to gravitate to, because they don't know that they can get potentially superior products at a lower price straight from China. What we need is for US vendors to start supplying these products with English firmware. I find places like Newegg and Tigerdirect selling Chinese brand tablets, but they are all last year's model at a higher price than you can get the newest releases straight from China. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

A few of us have been burned by certain unreliable Chinese vendors...believe me there are plenty of them. I avoid buying from anyone on Alibaba or ****..because you simply don't know who you dealing with. I find Geekbuying to be extremely reliable, so I buy exclusively from them, now.

Flashing ROM's on Rockchip devices isn't that risky, but it does take some technical savy to accomplish. After some of my friends discovered this goldmine source of technology I'm finding myself ordering and flashing their new products for them and they are quite happy with them.

Right now, the US Congress is considering legislation that would require sales tax on all items purchased on the Internet. If that passes, which I hope it won't...I'm wondering how it will change buying items from Chinese vendors.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Hello RRileypm,

I think your "reply" to my post somehow missed what I said and the issues I raised. I mention Geekbuying is a excellent Chinese seller and that it is unusually involved in Freaktab and with assisting ENTHUSIASTS like myself. I also discussed my extensive experience as a computing device user and modifier. I have also been a successful businessman. I certainly do not come close to "knowing it all" but I do know something
                  about business, domestic and international. I know a little about computing devices. I retired at 45 years old. I did it by serving the consumer & a lot of hard work and honesty.

I was involved when Microsoft destroyed an outstanding O/S startup called Berkeley Softworks, which developed a small. powerful, app driven and far advanced and cheaper than Windows O/S (GeosWorks). Gates destroyed the million dollar a year company in the 1980s. I observed Gates seizing from another small startup (Moziac) what is now called Internet Explorer. The consumer lost out big when these things happened. The method was simple. Gates threw his multimillion dollar budget legal army at these companies. He did it to Apple as well but Apple was rich enough to fight back with BS legal fillings of its own. Both companies stole the mouse and the gui desktop from a Xerox research team.

Unfortunately, the issues I presented were not addressed by your "reply," except you did unintentionally confirm my criticism that Buying Direct from Chinese factory retailers is limited to a small portion of a potentially huge consumer base by failure to ship Android ready devices. As my post indicated, I know what is required of American buyers to get these Mini-PCs & tablets working properly. The risk of tanking a new product is not minor but real as the many posts at Freaktab and other Android sites evidence.

Enthusiasts like me & you have little risk but the average person is at serious risk of
                  tanking when ROM flashing. Very brief poorly written instuctions posted online are not sufficient for most people who know little about gadgets, particularly complex computing systems.

It is a fact that 99% of the tablet and TV box and Android phone buying public will not buy from even excellent sellers like Geekbuying or In4dealz because they want and need a device that works for them out of the box.

I do not find that the public is so unintelligent that they pay much more for US brand name devices merely because they are suckers for advertising or certain names. You can spend millions on hyping a product and it will still fail to sell if you fail to deliver what people think they will get. Apple products seem highly overpriced, if you fail to see what they promise and what they deliver (I do not like Apple products myself, by the way). Apple delivers something very real to people who can afford to pay for it, namely status in workplace, school, & society and the most outstanding support in the entire industry. Walk into any apple store and you will see the evidence of this far from perfect but exceptionally strong Apple support. Me? I'm buying a 5" quad core Chinese rooted Cell phone from GeekBuying for a teenager in the family, not to use for a phone. No, it will make a super IPod alternative at less than half the price!!

I am not asking why don't Chinese sellers or Chinese factories ship "polished" devices. Microsoft has never delivered a "polished" Windows operating system. None of the big brand tablet makers or sellers ship Tablets I would call "polished", which is why the first thing I do for people I know is root their Samsung, Google Nexus, or Acer tablet with a good ROM upgrade so it will perform closer to its capability. However, I warn first that there are downsides to all computer guy compiled ROM upgrades, even factory upgrades have minor downsides. What I am talking about is the reason nearly anyone I point toward the much cheaper & sometimes more advanced hardware Chinese direct tablets reject the idea.

They are not dummies. They are savy consumers who want a device that works as advertised out of the box. These are not ignorant or brain lazy Americans. They are engineers, physicians, home builders, auto garage owners, etc. These are practical people who need a computing device that may not be perfected but does what they thought it would out of the box because they have different interests than studying and tinkering with computers. Their time is valuable. Do you want a doctor who gives you cheaper heart surgery or a discount home builder but tells you to look up instructions for completing the job online? No. Neither you or I, who are not dummies, want to study medicine or how to install a roof so we can follow the "easy", "safe" instructions without risk of losing our life or ruining our new ceiling with a big water leak.

I want, I seek, to understand why Chinese factories and sellers do not see to it that their products work out of the box. Most buyers do not want a UG802 mini-PC they have to ROM upgrade in order to do simple things like use Youtube, use Internet, etc. When a person buys a tablet he will gladly pay a few hundred more for one that will not revert to Chinese language when he pushes reset.

The new sales tax law has nothing to do with these issues. It hasn't even been passed by Congress or signed by the President. If enacted, it will not be enforced immediately. 6% or 8% sales tax will not hurt direct sales of Chinese products as the total price will remain much less than products sold online in the USA, which also must charge the sales tax. In fact, it isn't clear the law applies to foreign retail at all and if it does, will or can it be enforced?

Yes, some US retailers (Walmart, Kmart) are selling Chinese tablets but most of them are junk. One of the best ones, the Dopo (Double Power) present users with problems. The first dual core model tends to tank within a few weeks to a few months. And it cannot run several Android apps other tablets will. No Dopo can run XBMC Android without a ROM flash upgrade. Yet, a three year old single core 1GB, 512MB System memory Samsung Galaxy player with Android 2.3.5 runs XBMC like a champ--without rooting or ROM upgrade. It also runs well in the budget Samsung Proclaim Android 2.3 cell phone.

The question remains. Even if it increases retail prices slightly why not install the proper Android build to begin with? Why not list the brand & model names of the major components inside Chinese tablets, Mini-PCs and cell phones? Why not install a decent Wifi radio system? Chinese factories make considerably more from devices they sell direct than the ones they make for big brand name corporations. Why not radically increase these sales by correcting these few issues that limit sales?
                  Last edited by Bruisedquasar012; 05-03-2013, 14:53.

Comment

Very well stated. I totally agree.

Randy
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Re: Two new quad-core tablets from Cube will be on sale this month

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      If you read the sticky to this forum about our advertisers, you will understand the criteria we use to select vendors worthy of advertising on Freaktab. Geekbuying is a very active member here and provides valuable information to us.

Please understand that it IS ok for Geekbuying to post links to their products here. In fact,
                      Thanks for the information here.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

No worries. It is sometimes hard to tell a seller from a user posting info. You see we have to support our advertisers here as they pay for the ads and this helps us pay the bills! So it is unfair for someone that is a seller to come and post product here competing with our advertisers. Make sense?

But you said your not a seller so all is good. So no worries. Trust of users telling us that is also important to us. Again sometimes you cannot tell the difference.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          No worries. It is sometimes hard to tell a seller from a user posting info. You see we have to support our advertisers here as they pay for the ads and this helps us pay the bills! So it is unfair for someone that is a seller to come and post product here competing with our advertisers. Make sense?

But you said your not a seller so all is good. So no worries. Trust of users telling us that is also important to us. Again sometimes you cannot tell the difference.

Bob
                          Thanks for your support, each time, Bob. I actually get those devices which I test from various Chinese forums. Whenever a new product is on sale, they would recruit testers. Because of the fact that I do write English reviews, so I have a fatter chance each time. So I am not really a seller, I am just a digital enthusiast who loves the newest technology like most of the people here.

Comment

Originally posted by jtintle View Post
                            Thanks for the info, these look pretty interesting. The only thing is why does the larger higher resolution tablet have so small of a battery capacity? You would think it would be the other way around 10k mAh for the 10.1 and 7200 mAh for the 7.9.

Also for geekbuying, there is a difference between what jupiter posted and what you have on your page. So is the amount of RAM 2 Gigs like jupiter posted or 1 gig like you have posted?
                            The ram of U30GT1 is actually 1GB, I got it wrong, thanks for the notification!

Comment

Keep in mind that the U30GT1 has the same resolution as the Pipo M9. It is the U30GT2 that has the retina display.

Randy
                              Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Working...
                              X