Two new quad-core tablets from Cube will be on sale this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jupiter2012 View Post
    Thanks for your support, each time, Bob. I actually get those devices which I test from various Chinese forums. Whenever a new product is on sale, they would recruit testers. Because of the fact that I do write English reviews, so I have a fatter chance each time. So I am not really a seller, I am just a digital enthusiast who loves the newest technology like most of the people here.
    As a tester of Chinese digital devices, can you tell me if most Chinese Tablet users use
    public Wifi hotspots? I suspect most of the world use overwhemingly public hotspots and only a few have a home Wifi internet. I know Japanese school kids have had city wide high speed Wifi access for several years.

Reviews of the Cube U30gt2 say it has wifi problems. Some owners of Cube tablets (at Amazon.com) complain they can not connect at all at home, only with public hotspots. I wonder if HOME HOTSPOT wifi is more dominent in America than elsewhere in the world & the wifi problem Americans report is with their home access points.

I see to it my home wifi is very standard (same hardware many public hotspots use) and suspect this is why I have never had any of the Wifi problems with Chinese devices that many Americans complain about.

For instance, the UG802 mini-pc supposedly has wifi problems but mine (from Geekbuying) has excellent Wifi connectivity and strong connection signal, both out of the box & after each of three Finless Bob ROM upgrades. It streams XBMC Android nearly as well as my 3rd generation Intel i7 (ethernet connected) laptop! A friend used only the Finless Bob 1.4a upgrade and his (Geekbuying) UG802 wifi works as well as mine. Like me he has a standard Wifi setup, comparable to a public hotspot. I had no problem with Ainol Novo7 Advanced or Advanced II tablets many complain have poor Wifi, before or after ROM upgrade.

Is it possible most of the world uses public hotspots & Chinese device makers focus on their Wifi systems on standard public access hardware (store, library, school, and city wide public access)??
    Last edited by Bruisedquasar012; 05-03-2013, 15:45. Reason: corrections

Comment

Two new quad-core tablets from Cube will be on sale this month

My U30GT2 works fine on several public hot spots I use regularly.

I have noticed some of the newer tv sticks with external antenna's. My CX802 II has excellent reception.

I really think the engineers are trying to address the wifi issues. There really isn't much we can do in the ROM to improve reception. I do see firmware updates that improve the kernel somewhat.

Randy
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Home wifi is VERY prevalent in the USA. Most cable TV or DSL companies provide wifi with modem/router.

Just here in my neighborhood I can pick up about 7 wifi signals.

So yes, wifi is pretty prevalent.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I want to ask Geekbuying the ONLY question that matters:

When do I get some free Allwinner tablets to create 'Elektricity ROM' on?
          https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Re: Two new quad-core tablets from Cube will be on sale this month

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Home wifi is VERY prevalent in the USA. Most cable TV or DSL companies provide wifi with modem/router.

Just here in my neighborhood I can pick up about 7 wifi signals.

So yes, wifi is pretty prevalent.

Bob
            I can pick up about 20 in my neigborhood,

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

When it comes to responding to North American's reports of bad Wireless, I think systems, not component analysis is in order. The reporter should be asked to provide details, so patterns can
              be identified from the data.

So far, I haven't personally encountered anyone who has ATT U-Verse, Xfinity\Comcast or Time Warner hardware installed Wifi service who experience Wifi problems with a quality Chinese brand Tablet or mini-pc.

I suspect people who report connection problems (these reports rarely include specifics of the home Wifi setup) use self installed Wifi Routers that are substandard. Not neccessarily inferior, but not business standard or not similar with Comcast, Time Warner, or ATT routers & router settings. I partly suspect this because I loan my Chinese tablets to school kids. All of them have either Comcast or ATT Wireless networks at home. Since wireless began, I've encountered numerous complaints from people who own major US Brand name devices that the device will not connect with their router.

Roku boxes ship with about the best Wireless system of any device in the consumer market, yet there are plenty of buyers who report the Roku box wireless is no good. The same is true for HP Touchpad, Acer Iconia & Samsung Tablets. I mention these because I know first hand they have superb wireless systems.

I suspect the sheer size and electronics of many North American living quarters may be a factor. When buyers do provide detail in their complaint, I often discover they are trying to use their device two floors away or from the opposite end of their house. Its not sheer distance, I am certain. I have neighbors 150 feet from my house whose children have used the same Chinese tablets many claim have weak wifi in every room and on their back deck with excellent results. Yet, in my home I only get one bar
              in a back room that is only 50 feet from my router.

In summary, I suggest that forums ask for system detail when buyers complain about bad wireless. Brand of router. Nature of setup --do they have a piggy back set up. Some will report they have Comcast and turn out to have comcast SERVICE but their own $19.99 off brand router and their own eccentric settings, or they have some of brand router plugged into their Comcast box. Do they have ANY wireless devices that connect to their wireless? Some turn out to have recently setup a router and the device they call no good is the first they ever tried to connect. When they say their wireless works, it turns out they have a laptop connected by ethernet. At another location it is impossible to get any AM radio station. I have 2.4 GHz phones & a 2.4GHz home alarm system. There is a point where the 2.4GHz signals are strong. For any wireless or Bluetooth device to tranverse this spot,
              the device must be sitting lap height or lower.

The Mini-PC packs Radios and Radio frequency emitting electronics extremely close to each other. Some models present wireless problems if they have the power USB cable between them and the wifi router,
              particularly if the cable isn't well sheilded. Some ROM upgrades can cause Wifi disconnect when there was no problem before the ROM. Why? The ROM did not cause intermittent signal, it already existed. What the ROM can do is not provide the original wifi scripts, WHICH INCLUDED resume connection in event of brief signal dip. Thus, the mini has to be rebooted to re-connect with the Internet Service.

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                I want to ask Geekbuying the ONLY question that matters:

When do I get some free Allwinner tablets to create 'Elektricity ROM' on?
                When your wife allows you the funds to buy some...hehehe

Nice try though E

Comment

Working...
                X