X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NEW] Dual Boot MOREFINE M1+ Windows 10 & Android 4.4 TV stick Review

Hi Guys & Girls,

The New MOREFINE M1+ Finger PC Review is here

First of all i must thank MOREFINE for sending me the M1+ to do this review with.

The device in this review came from MOREFINE & arrived to me in the UK in just 4 days with no custom tax's to pay

A few facts the MOREFINE M1+ is a dual boot Android 4.4 & windows 10 Mini pc stick (Dongle) With a built in fan for cooling also a large heat sink over the processor.

Main Features:

*Built in Fan with a large heat sink

* Dual operating system: Windows 10 + Android 4.4 KitKat

* Features 2GB RAM 32GB storage ROM (with external capacity up to 128GB).

* Quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F processor: Stable and reliable.

* 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4GHz 5GHz dual-band WiFi: Connect effortlessly in a world without wires.

* Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Giving more expedient connections.

* HDMI connector: Set up your home cinema for the best 1080P FHD multimedia experience.

* External ports: Comes with 1 x USB 2.0 port and 1 x Micro USB 2.0 port for webcams, keyboard, mouse, external hard drives, USB sticks and more.

* Ultra portable size (11.0 x 3.7 x 1.0 cm) and lightweight (47 g), great for carrying.

The best thing about this device is that it has a built in Fan to protect itself from overheating. The built in fan effectively lowers the temperature by 30% and improves the performance by 70%, ensuring long-hour safe operation.

Internal Photos

Product Features:

1. World's First Finger PC Supporting WINDOWS 10 & Android 4.4 DUAL OS. Enjoy full access to Windows software and over 800,000 apps including Facebook, Youtube etc.

2. M1+ FINGER PC is as small as a lighter while as powerful as a full function computer!

3. Dual Band WiFi,Stronger Signal. This Finger PC supports 2.4G/5G Dual Band WiFi 802.22 a/b/g/n connection, ensuring high-speed transmission.

4. Make Your TV Screen More Powerful. It can turn all screens and devices with an HDMI port into a full function computer. Just Connecting it with a keyboard and mouse, you'll be able to browse web, share pictures, check emails and do all office work.Its compact size and competitively price makes it the perfect solution for work, home entertainment and business.

Windows

Windows 10 preinstalled & is fully activated version with English language and there is no bloatware on it.

The MORFINE M1+ has one full sized USB port,One micro USB port,SD card slot.Power port (micro USB)HDMI connector power button & a power led.

Ports

When you first turn on the device it will bring you to the Android & Windows selection screen within 5 seconds,This is where you will need to choose either windows or Android.

From this menu Android will boot in about 40 seconds & windows will boot in about the same time 40 seconds.

On the first boot of windows it took me through a few set up settings like location, time zone,wifi ect ect this will take about 2 min Then it found a windows update that was compleat after 20 min Now im set up ready to have a play ha ha.

What i did notice is that there was no boot to android app on the windows home screen it can be downloaded from Here

The first thing i done after doing all the windows updates was to make a driver backup using double driver very easy program to backup & restore your drivers.

Driver backup made with Double Driver

http://mega.nz/#!YtUR3L4R!p-6Kzd80BN...MrYuM5pb4K8Hiw

My device was showing around 13.5GB of free space in windows after all the updates.

64GB sd works

Samsung 1TB unpowered HD works

Tronsmart Mars G01 Gamepad works

Logitech c270 webcam works

Games

Iv tested beach buggy racing & asphalt 8 both played perfect with no lags, freezs or lock ups.

The best thing about this neat little device is the tiny inbuilt fan & wow it does the job great hardly any noise at all from it There's also a nice big heat sink covering the processor so i very much dought there will be any issues with over heating,In fact on both windows & Android with all the tests and gaming the M1+ has remained cool at all times.

Tech Stuff

Disk Management showing 18 partitions

WIFI

The wifi surprised me on the M1+ as its a lot better than I was expecting very pleased with it found my network connection first time & the signal strength was strong.

Android

The Android part of the system has 4.4GB of space whitch is not a lot i no but the system itself runs extreamly well & very fast.

CPU z Shows android as being rooted but i can comfirm that the android part is NOT rooted,Iv triyed the normal things to root iroot,root genies ect & non of them will root it.

System

SOC

Device

Thermal

The bottom status bar itself does not always auto hide so i downloaded and loaded an app called full!screen & that sorted that out.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...llScreen&hl=en

I tested games like asphalt 8 & beach buggy blitz & they all play perfect even with the graphiks set to high the game play is smooth the game loading time is also very fast. All the games was tested with my Tronsmart Mars G01 gamepad.

Iv watched a few movies on Kodi 1080p streamed from the net & the result was great.Kodi loads nice & fast tons faster than a android tv box.

64GB sd works

Samsung 1TB unpowered HD works

Tronsmart Mars G01 Gamepad works

Logitech c270 webcam works

Antutu

Antutu Video

The Antutu viseo results were a little disappointing but never the less its played everything iv wanted it to

Whats in the box

M1+ Finger PC stick

UK power adapter (5v 2.0 amps) Micro usb

HDMI extention cable

3" USB OTG cable

Instructions

Firmware

Android & Windows Firmware + step by step install guide (Big thanks to Bella at MOREFINE)

For more info & to buy this from MOREFINE Look Here

Very basic unboxing video, (sorry about the poor quality)

Last edited by blinkone; 11-21-2015, 20:53.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

First post updated.

Some more PCB photos in High res

Comment

Fan looks kinda kool...small, handy for these hot Boxes that have been around, much if any noise
      I guess it cant use a TV usb to power and weight will it support itself on in a HDMI port or slowly works its way out.
      Its the only thing that concerns with these stick tucked away behind then you plug in a RF device for keyboard and game pad.

Interesting read thanks
      Your Photo's using a MAGINON SZ 24 I think
      Cheers
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

When i connect it to the tv i always use a short female to male HDMI lead rather than plug the stick straight in the HDMI port.

The Fan noise is there but very light (more a faint whistle)
        I like the fact it has a fan there though, they all need them IMO its a massive help with the cooling

Iv not even tryed powering it off the tv's usb port, I think it would just course problems in windows not enough power for it i dont think

Errmmm how you no what camera im using

Comment

This versus Wintel W5. Similar, but Wintel has no fan. Does the Intel chip get very hot and need a fan?
          Currently Inactive on Freaktab.com
          I use: MK903V | MELE F10 Deluxe | Roku 3600R
          RIP: MK808b | MK809III | PIPO M9 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by budgetgeek View Post
            This versus Wintel W5. Similar, but Wintel has no fan. Does the Intel chip get very hot and need a fan?
            IMO having the fan is well worth the extra $20 or so,,It just don't get hot at all Less stress on the processor should = longer life also the M1+ has the 2.4GHz 5GHz dual-band WiFi which some people want..

If you want I can run the device without the fan connected to see how hot it gets.

But I do like the fact that the wintel w5 has the two full sized USB ports though that's a plus to the w5

Comment

Great review , thanks. Hopefully in the new year I will get one of these. Will be Interesting to see what the life span of the fans might be, over an extended period.

Comment

A one hour 100% load stress test to show the difference with & without a Fan on the M1+

1 Hour at full load with Fan, Max was showing at 53C

1 Hour at full load No Fan, Max showing 86C & the device did get quite hot (32C difference)

Comment

So now I need to decide between dual boot and straight Windows 10. Bosuntop has a fanned can unit, but I prefer sticks. I have a Bosuntop MK903V for Android, I could run both on the same television. Is there anything special about the Android OS?

Nevermind. Got the M1+. I read that you can install apps to external sd. Hope this works.
                  Last edited by budgetgeek; 11-28-2015, 03:59.

Comment

I've just ordered a Wintel W5. I think it does have a fan. I'll confirm when it arrives.

Edit 4 November: it has just arrived and does have a fan. Overall very pleased. Looks much the same as the MoreFine but without 5g wifi. Not bad for 47 quid!
                    Last edited by glaven; 12-05-2015, 07:38. Reason: New information

Comment

Originally posted by glaven View Post

I've just ordered a Wintel W5. I think it does have a fan. I'll confirm when it arrives.

Edit 4 November: it has just arrived and does have a fan. Overall very pleased. Looks much the same as the MoreFine but without 5g wifi. Not bad for 47 quid!

Was Windows activated on yours? Was it 8.1 or 10? Where did you purchase? I see some have RTL8723BS wifi and others AP6330 (dual band). I have a friend interested and I may steer them towards this.

Comment

The Morefine M1+ is on offer at gearbest right now at £50 http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_202861.html

Comment

Last edited by JNNNO; 12-12-2015, 22:43.

Comment

Was Windows activated on yours? Was it 8.1 or 10? Where did you purchase? I see some have RTL8723BS wifi and others AP6330 (dual band). I have a friend interested and I may steer them towards this.
                            It has an RTL8723BS. I bought it from Geek buying (Black Friday deal) . No, unfortunately, I've just discovered that Windows 10 is not activated. When I asked about the problem, Geekbuying sent me a KMSpico patch. I only use it for DNS UK TV streaming and kodi so I can't be bothered to send it back. Looks like the Gearbest offer is the way to go if anyone is undecided.
                            Last edited by glaven; 12-12-2015, 07:59.

Comment

Hi, I just ordered a "Morefine M1" on gearbest for 75$.

free shipping, 10-20 day.

I hope this is not a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X