Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NEW] Morefine Max 1 Review

Hello, This Review is for the Morefine Max 1 4G mobile phone

The Max1 was sent to me By MOREFINE as a gift for reviewing a tv stick but I liked it so much i decided to do a small review on it too.

Go easy on me i dont normally do mobile phone reviews im more used to TV Box's.

Chinese phones offer excellent value for money, with specs to rival flagship phones often at less than half the price.The Max 1 is a very decent attempt at a budget Android phone with the price at around $120

General

The Max 1 is a 5.0 inch 4G LTE Android Lollipop rather than KitKat with 64bit Quad Core 1.3GHz 2GB + 16GB Dual Cameras 2.5D IPS, Capacitive Touch 5.0 inch Screen,This does not mean the screen is curved, but rather that the edges of the screen are slightly curved (like on the iPhone 6).

Frequency
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
    4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/

Syetem
    Operating System Android 5.1 OS
    CPU CPU:MTK6735P Quad Core, 1.3GHz
    GPU GPU:Mali-T720
    RAM 2GB
    ROM 16GB
    Extended Storage 128GB

Main Features
    Screen resolution 1280 × 720 pixels
    Display: 5.0 inch IPS 2.5D Screen
    CPU: MTK6735 Quad Core 1.3GHz
    GPU: Mali-T720
    System: Android 5.1
    RAM + ROM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    Camera: 2.0MP front camera + 8.0MP Sony back camera with PDAF and LED flashlight
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    GPS: GPS / Glonass / Beidou
    Sensors: Gravity sensor, Proximity sensor & Ambient light sensor

Looks & feel

The Max 1 is available in two versions either black or white.
    The phone is made from a Glass Shell with a Metal Frame,The back shell also made of glass.I tried to take some photos of the phone but its that shiny its hard to capture its true looks with a photo.

You'll find the buttons and connectors in all the usual places, with a metal-effect volume rocker and power button on the left edge, a 3.5mm headphone jack at the top, a dual-SIM tray that pops out from the right edge.

The 16GB of storage is decent for a budget phone (many come with just 8GB), and it can be boosted using microSD up to 128GB if you don't wish to take advantage of the dual-SIM functionality.

First thoughts

Iv been using this phone for about a month now & i can say i realy like it,
    When i first got the phone it had some kinda of engineering firmware on there,a few things did not work & i was starting to think hmmm but MoreFine soon contacted me with some new Firmware (i will add it to the review) Once the new firmware was flashed it was running perfect & a lot faster the UI is smooth when scolling in menus etc etc,Sine iv had this phone I have done 3 Fw updates all using the PC so it looks good already for constant FW updates from Morefine, I would hope to see OTA updates to come soon to make the process more user friendly.

The PC firmware flashing process was very easy to do using a pc (But you should not need to do this as the MAX 1 will be shipped with the latest FW) i will add everything needed just in case but be aware though that some sellers say Any alterations such as upgrades, modding with custom ROMs, rooting or flashing the Android device with other firmware will automatically void the device's warranty.

The Max 1 does NOT come rooted

Android 5.1

MOREFINE MAX 1 Firmware

Upgrade tool and driver

Firmware Upgrade Manual for MOREFINE

So the Max1 is running android 5.1 witch is nice and snappy The phone itself feels light in the hand even though its mostly glass i must say it looks and feels elegant you would not guess by looking at it that its at the cheap end of the phone market.

There's no Chinese crap installed on there i like that about it, The google play store is installed & works fine.
    Its a dual micro sim or 1 sim & 1 micro SD card (I had to cut down my sim card a bit scary but it worked fine)
    One of the good points about the phone also is its wifi very strong signal & fast,Gps also connects quick.

I love how fast thie 4G is it even seems faster that my home internet so a big thumbs up there.Im on the o2 network that not many chinses phones support it uses the 800MHz LTE band 20

The phone boots up in 35 seconds & shuts down it 4 seconds & shows the below antutu score, The battery should last about a day with normal use but it wont last that long if your sat there playing games on it your looking at about 2 to 3 hours at the most of continuous use in that case.

The stock launcher is ok and clean to be fair but i like nova launcher so i installed that it works great & fast,Both the front & rear camera's are flush with the phones body so you can lie the phone flat on a desk & it wont rock or slide.

Nova launcher:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r&hl=en_GB

Now the camera,For 8MP its not bad at all 8MP rear camera & 2MP front facing.Both camers are fast focusing.

Antutu Score

Storage screen shots

Package Contents

1 × Phone
    1 × Protective film (one front and one back)
    1 × Silicon Case
    1 × User Manual
    1 × Power adapter

Unboxing Video

More info on the Max 1 can be found here
    Last edited by blinkone; 03-10-2016, 19:14.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab
Working...
X