K1 plus S2, T2 TV box Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K1 plus S2, T2 TV box Review

K1 PLUS S2 T2 Amlogic S905 Quad Core 64Bit TV Box Android 5.1.1 1G 8G 2.4G WiFi LAN

HDMI2.0 3D DLNA AirPlay Miracast Netflix

Hi Folks ,This time my review is for the K1 plus sent to me from Geekbuying (Thanks guys)

The K1 plus S2 T2 is a Amlogic s905 TV box running android 5.1 with the added feature of having the S2 & T2 dvb tuner so this thing really turns you dumb tv into a smart tv just by adding this TV box to your old tv.

Quick facts
    1GB RAM + 8G ROM, 32G extendable capacity
    The K1 plus TV Box has the new well known Amlogic S905 processor
    H.265/HEVC video decoding
    Android 5.1 Lollipop out the box
    DVB-T2&DVB-S2 Tunner
    Fully Rooted

Internal Photos.

Main Features:
    ● Comes with a RJ45 jack.
    ● Android 5.1 Lolipop out of the box
    ● Amlogic S905 Quad core 64-bit Cortex A53 Up to 2.0GHz
    ● Kodi supported. Kodi can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats.
    ● Android 5.1, gives you access to over 800,000 apps including Facebook, Youtube, Picasa and more.
    ● Professional H.265 video decoding technology.
    ● 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM, 32GB maximum extended capacity gives you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
    ● HDMI 2.0 connector: Connect directly to your TV with a HDMI cable and you will be all set to enjoy 4K x 2K Full HD multimedia experience.
    ● 4 x USB ports, Connect your mouse and keyboard to help you operate more convenient.
    ● Infrared remote control lets you enjoy wile no need to use the mouse & keyboard.
    ● Support Miracast, DLNA

K1 Plus Device

It comes with just one launcher installed, The VSLauncher (K1 launcher)
    The device itself is a very nice looking tv box at 10.5cm by 13cm square with 4 little rubber feet that do a great job it does not slide around on the desk at all.It has 4 full sized USB ports for your every need,Micro SD card slot,HDMI port.Power input,AV port,SPDIF,RJ45 port & not forgetting the S2 & T2 tuner ports..The IR remote has good range & works well.Google play store is installed & works well.The S2 & T2 tuner both work perfect scanning & finding all the channels in less than 4 min also the EPG works,One small bug with the EPG on the hd channels the text is in some weird language.

Home Screen

App Draw

On the front of the K1 plus is the IR senser

On the rear you will find the Power port,HDMI port,Ethernet port,S2 & T2 tuner ports & the SPDIF

On the left hand side you will find the 4 USB ports & the SD Card slot.
    The underneath has plenty of venterlation holes i like to see this on a tv box
    Also on the under side is a pin hole to get access to the recovery button

Wifi =Ethernet
    2.4ghz Wifi which is nice & strong picking up my neighbours wifi network (Not all box's will do this)

Iv not had a problem with the wifi single, Where ever iv placed the K1 plus around the house its worked of full bars single strenth.

WIFI

ETHERNET

Kodi.
    The K1 plus comes with Kodi 16 preinstalled with a few addons.The speed of kodi is fast 3 seconds to load from the app screen,Iv been streaming 1080 from the web with no video stuttering that iv noticed & the device remained cool all the time.

Games
    Iv tested beach buggy blitz with graphics set to high it played perfect as expected
    I could not use my ps3 game pad as the K1 pluss has no bluetooth
    So i tryed the tronsmart Mars G01 Game pad that works well

Misc
    Logitech c270 camera works fine
    External powered 1T HD works fine
    Tronsmart Mars G01 game pad works
    32GB sd card works fine (64GB ScanDisc Extreme works also)

The K1 plus gets warm but no where near hot,The venterlation holes are doing a there job by keeping the unit cool,I was expecting it to get hotter than is does as there's only a small heatsink fitted but no the temp is good on this unit.

CPU Z info

Antutu

Antutu Video

Whats in the Box

1 x K1 plus TV Box
    1 x Power Adapter
    1 x HDMI Cable
    1 x IR Remote Control
    1 x English Manual

Basic Unboxing Video

Last edited by blinkone; 04-02-2016, 22:43.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab
Working...
X