NEXBOX T12/T11 WINDOWS 10 TV BOX REVIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXBOX T12/T11 WINDOWS 10 TV BOX REVIEW

NEXBOX T12 Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 Windows 10 Mini PC 4K*2K with SATA USB3.0 2G/32G

WIFI LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI & VGA

Hi folks,

This time my Review is for a windows 10 tv box sent to me from my friends at Geekbuying

In this review im going to be looking at the NEXBOX T12 (Also known as the T11) that comes with Intel’s latest 14nm Intel Z8300 processor and authorised activated Windows 10.

The N12 comes with 2GB RAM, and 32GB eMMC, built in wi-fi module,SATA and usb 3.0 support.Iv been playing around with this for just over a week now & i have to say im very immpressed with it.

The main plus for me is being able to pick wether to use the VGA or the HDMI output both work as they should.

Also on the Tv box packaging it does mention Android 5.1 so maybe theres a chance of getting some Android firmware in the near future.

Highlights

CPU: Intel Z8300, 4cores, 1.84GHz, 64bit
    GPU: Intel HD Graphics
    2GB RAM
    32GB eMMC ROM
    SATA Port
    Support External 2.5" HDD (up to 2T)
    Authorised Windows 10
    USB 3.0 * 1 + USB 2.0 * 3
    OTG port
    VGA: Support 1920*1080
    Card reader: TF Card
    Support the latest HEVC (H.265) decoding
    Support 4K*2K Super HD video playback
    WiFi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n, the fastest wireless internet
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Support XBMC/KODI

Internal Photos

SSD Compartment

The NEXBOX N12 comes with Windows 10 preinstalled & is fully activated version with English language installed and there is no bloatware on it.

The first thing i did was to get all the windows updates out of the way, After an hour or so of updates & a few restarts,The next thing i like to do is to make a driver backup using double driver, a very easy program to backup & restore your drivers.

Driver backup made with Double driver

T12 DD backup

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

DEVICE

My N12 is now showing around 16.5GB of free space in windows after all the updates.

What works

64GB sd works
    120GB SSD
    128GB USB Stick
    Samsung 1TB unpowered HD works
    Tronsmart Mars G01 Gamepad works
    Logitech c270 webcam works

The boot time on the N12 is around 30 seconds & that takes you straight to the main windows screen where your ready to go.I then installed a 120GB SSD in the compartment on the underside of the N12 (Very easy to do just undo the 2 screws & slot in)

Theres 4 full sized USB ports with one of them being a USB 3 port (Great to see this on a tv box),One VGA port on the rear along with the RJ45 port,HDMI port,Head phones port,Power port (5 volts 4 Amp psu) & a OTG port.
    The N12 has plenty of venterlation holes on the underside & with all the testing iv done the device has only ever got warm never hot.I think this is down to the nice sized heatsink thats fitted to the PCB.

Device ports

Right Hand side,You will find 2 full sized USB ports & the power button

Left Hand side,You will find one USB2,one USB3 PORT & the SD card slot

Rear,You will find the VGA port,RJ45 port,HDMI port,Head phones port,Power port & the OTG port

Games
    Iv tested beach buggy racing & asphalt 8 both played perfect with no lags, freezs or lock ups & the loading time is fast.

Kodi
    IV installed the latest stable kodi 16 jarvis whitch runs perfect, windows seems to handel kodi much better than the android tv box's with a faster load time etc

WIFI

The wifi surprised me on N12 as its a lot better than I was expecting very pleased with it found my network connection first time & the signal strength was strong,It also picked up other near by networks.

Cpu Stress test

The stress testing gave me some course for concern i must admit.

I ran a full load test & once the box gets to around 80c the box will freez & lock up thats after around 45 min at full load.

Whats in the box

1x MINI PC
    1x Power adapter
    1x HDMI cable
    1x User manual

Basic unboxing video

More to come

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Try emby and use the Intel quick sync transcoding to deliver your content anywhere. It's pretty fantastic. I've tested 2 streams but I am pretty sure it could do a third. I also run a spigot Minecraft server from same box no sweat
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Working...
    X