[NEW] M8S PRO TV Box Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NEW] M8S PRO TV Box Review

M8S PRO TV Box Android 5.1 RK3368 Octa-core 2.4GHz / 5GHz WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 HDMI TV Player

Hi folks in this review i will be looking at the M8s Pro sent to me from Everbuying
    (Thanks guys)The device arrived in just over one week via DHL with £4.89 customs to pay.

The New M8s pro comes with the rockchip processer RK3368 Octa-core 2.4GHz,The m8s pro has 2GB RAM + 8 GB ROM,Dual band wifi 2.4GHz / 5GHz & Bluetooth 4.0

Main Features:

● RK3368 CPU is rapid and stable which can give you high speed feedback and smooth response.
    ● 2.4GHz / 5GHz WiFi, offers a more stable WiFi signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience.
    ● 2GB RAM + 8G ROM capacity give you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
    ● Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, and others).
    ● Infrared remote control let you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you

Internal Photos

Device

The M8s pro is the first M8 iv played with & overall its not a bad device.
    The boot time is around 45 seconds so not fast but not slow either,There is no bottom or top status bar, this i find verry annoying (I must find a build prob edit to fix this).
    The remote that the M8 pro come with is a good remote ok its not an airmouse but for a inferred remote its doing a great job it also has the learning funtion so you can clone your tv remote to use the Tv box remote.
    Once booted up it takes you to the Mbox launcher home screen shown below.

Home Screen

App Draw

Setting Option

About Tab

Kodi

The M8s Pro comes with Kodi 15.2 with some pre loaded add ons (Some are out of date & dont work)But saying all that the kodi 15.2 does run very well on this box once you have updated your add ons.Iv played a few 1080 films through kodi & the play back is very good iv not tested any 4k as of yet,Below a screen shot of the installed Kodi

Games

Iv tested both beach buggy blitz & Asphalt 8, Both played perfect with no crashes or lag,The game loading time is very fast Iv tested both the Tronsmart Mars G01 gamepad & my ps3 sixaxis controller Both worked fine & no bugs with the sixaxis gamepad ether.

Misc

Logitech c270 webcan works fine
    External non powered 1TB samsund HD works
    Tronsmart Mars G01 Gamepad works
    Sixaxis Ps3 controller works
    32GB works

Firmware

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Wifi & Ethernet

The wifi on the M8s pro is strong but its only finding my home network as where some other tv box's will find other close by networks but with that said im still getting full bars signal strenth & the download speed is fast enough.

Wifi

Ethernet

Some tech stuff starting with the Antutu bench mark score

Antutu

Antutu Video

CPU Z

Specification:

Type TV Box
    Model M8S PRO
    GPU PowerVR G6110
    System Android 5.1
    CPU RK3368
    Core Octa Core
    RAM 2G
    ROM 8G
    Color Black
    Media Supported
    Decoder Format AVS,H.264,H.265
    Video format AVS,H.264,H.265,MPEG,VC-1
    Product Details
    Bluetooth Bluetooth4.0
    Power Supply Charge Adapter
    Interface AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,Optical,RJ45,USB2.0
    Certificate CE
    Dimension and Weight
    Product weight 0.256 kg
    Package weight 0.656 kg
    Product size (L x W x H) 12.80 x 12.80 x 3.00 cm / 5.04 x 5.04 x 1.18 inches
    Package size (L x W x H) 15.70 x 15.70 x 8.20 cm / 6.18 x 6.18 x 3.23 inches

Whats in the Box

1 x M8S PRO TV Box
    1 x Power Adapter
    1 x HDMI Cable
    1 x Remote Control
    1 x English Manual

Basic Unboxing Video

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

A nice and comprehensive review. Good to see the decent heatsint and case ventilation.

Comment

Cheers dude,A decent heatsint and ventilation is key to all theses TV box's

Comment

HI,can you tell me directions how to flash this box ?? thanks!!!

Comment

Hi & welcome to freaktab first off

Sure the instructions are in the firmware download,,The steps are as follows

1.Download the firmware from my review unzip it to find the instructions & the update.zip (Do not unzip the update.zip)

2.copy the UPDATE.ZIP directly into U Pendrive, (note: U pendrive have to be at least 4GB or above genuine ones,
          format the u pendrive first)

3. connect the RK8 or M8S PRO with tv set, power on box and into system.

4. insert the U drive into box, and wait around 10s, the system will pop up asking upgrading, click YES.

5. WHEN upgrading bar 100% finished, the box will reboot automatically, and reboot will take around 4-5 minutes,
          then upgrading finished.

Comment

Hi All,
            I tried to rotate the screen using this FW. Can you please help me how can i do it?
            Is there any alternative solution for that?

I tried several rotation application without success.
            I tried to change values in build.prop, as changed the login screen and changed the resolution to 1080x1920, but unfortunately it didn't rotated the screen.

Appreciate your answer.

Comment

Working...
            X