{New} Nexbox T9 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{New} Nexbox T9 Review

Nexbox T9 Windows 10 with License 64bit Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 4GB 64GB Smart Mini PC
    802.11 b/g/n LAN HDMI 1080P

Hi all,In this review i will be looking at the Nexbox T9 (Windows 10 mini pc) From Geekbuying

First of all i must thank geekbuying for the Review sample to put through its paces.

A few quick facts

Pre-installed Windows 10 with license

Hightlights of NEXBOX T9 Mini PC (metal shell)

High performance CPU and GPU
    Equipped with Intel 14nm Intel Z8300 processor and an integrated GPU performance, NEXBOX T9
    Mini PC provides a better experience to enjoy time with family and friends. The GPU has an
    increase of 40% in performance and the total power consumption has a great decrease of 30%
    compared to the previous generation – NEXBOX T9 is the most powerful and energy efficient mini
    PC.

4GB RAM + 64GB ROM

NEXBOX T9 features 4GB DDR3 RAM and 64GB eMMC Flash, and it is advantageous in
    performance, security and reliability, delivering a richer end-user experience.

Small But Smart

NEXBOX T9 is a mini PC that’s only slightly bigger than your wallet. When this mini PC is
    connected with the HDMI of a regular TV, it will converts the TV into a Smart TV, which will works
    liks a PC. Also, it can work as a TV BOX, and you can enjoy smooth multi-tasking, game playing or
    movie viewing.

Bluetooth 4.0

Bluetooth 4.0 adopted to pair with most Bluetooth-enabled devices(computer, mobile phone,
    keyboard, and others).

Enjoy Your 4K Home Theater

NEXBOX T9 can support HD and UHD 4K (3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz) ultra-high-definition video
    content, and help to change your living room in a home theater.

The device arrived in just over one week by snail mail (Not bad at all) With no import fees to pay.

The T9 Comes in a plain brown box with a HDMI lead,Power adaptor & instruction manual.
    Its a nice size TV box Made from metal with 3x USB 2 & 1X USB 3,HDMI,Micro sd card slot,3.5mm
    Earphones Port,Lan port & a Micro USB Port.

I will point out that the T9 has NO ventilation holes so i will need to get my drill out & finish the
    manufacturing process my self.With all that said im not getting any over heating problems but
    prevention is better than the cure.

On the front of the box there's a power indicator LED.On the right hand side you will find the power
    button & 2 USB ports.On the left hand side there's another USB 2 port the USB 3 port & the Micro
    sd card slot,On the rear there's the Power port,HDMI,3.5mm Earphones Port,Lan port & the micro
    USB port.

Internal photos

Its good to see the 4GB / 64GB on this TV box that should be plenty for the avrage user.

The nexbox T9 comes with windows 10 activated out of the box,The boot process takes just over
    30 seconds to complete.

Once the box was booted up i was took to the windows home screen, there was no setting it up
    like location time zone ect ect i would guess that this has been done at the factory.The first thing i
    did was to get all the windows updates out the way,That took just over an hour with a few reboots.

Then i done a double driver back up of all the drivers on the T9

Double driver back up

https://mega.nz/#!kgFS0SLC!aPmBJiwWH...Tddx7EgdpMkt6A

Things iv tested so far are

Kodi works great iv streamed 1080p from the net & my home network with no issues (Device gets
    warm but not hot)

Samsung M3 un powered 1TB hard drive (Works)

64GB Micro SD Card (Works)

128GB usb 3 Stick (Works)

Tronsmart Mars G01 game pad (Works)

Logitech c270 webcam (Works)

Tech Stuff

Disc Management

Lan Speed Test

Wifi

Sensor Test

USB 2 Speed test

USB 3 Speed test

About Screen

Games

Iv tested the normal games i test eg Asphalt 8 & Beach buggy racing both played perfect with no
    problems what's so ever & that's with the graphics set to high,The game loading time is fast
    compared to any Android device ,The T9 does heat up when playing games but it dont get what i
    would call hot.

Technical Specifications

* CPU: Intel Z8300, 4cores, 1.84GHz, 64bit
    * GPU: Intel HD Graphics
    * 4GB RAM
    * 64GB eMMC ROM
    * Windows 10
    * USB 3.0 * 1 + USB 2.0 * 3
    * Card reader: TF Card
    * Supports the latest HEVC (H.265) decoding
    * Support 4K*2K Super HD video playback
    * WiFi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n, the fastest wireless internet
    * Bluetooth V4.0

Basic unboxing Video

More to come on this one stay tuned
    Last edited by blinkone; 07-05-2016, 08:30.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

I believe the 1.8 is burst speed. And normal is 1.4
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Nice review. Looks like it has a decent heatsink, but I totally agree with adding some vents. Should specially be helpful in keeping things cool over longer run durations.

Comment

Подскажите я переустановил win 10 и теперь не работаетwi fi, адаптер вообще win 10 не видит и я немогу поставить драйвера, как мне решить эту проблему?

Comment

• trebor
          trebor commented
          Editing a comment
          English May help more
          I reinstalled win 10 and now does not work wifi, adapter generally does not see win 10 and I can not install the driver, how can I solve this problem?

Try and force old driver or maybe USB wifi device may help
      Working...
      X