Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunvell T95M TV box Review

Sunvell T95M 4K HD TV Box 64Bit Android 5.1 - 2GB + 8GB UK PLUG
    Amlogic S905 Quad Core 2GB DDR3 + 8GB eMMC 2.4GHz WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Connectivity

Hi guys & girls,

This time im going to be reviewing the Amlogic T95M Tv box from Gearbest

First of all i would like to thank Gearbest for the review sample & for there fast postage to the uk.

The T95M arrived to me in 6 days via DHL with no custom fees to pay (Different everytime but in
    most cases with DHL you will need to pax customs taxs)

A few quick facts

● Amlogic S905 quad-core CPU is rapid and stable which can give you high-speed feedback and
    smooth response.
    ● Mali-450 as GPU of this TV Box which gives you the high definition pictures and videos.
    ● With 64bit Android 5.1 stable and smooth system.
    ● 2GB DDR3 + 8G eMMC Flash Memory: It gives you more space to download your favorite apps
    and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
    ● 2.4GHz WiFi (10 / 100Mbps Ethernet): It offers a more stable WiFi signal for you to enjoy higher
    quality video experience.
    ● Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices (computer, mobile
    phone, keyboard, and others).
    ● Supports H.265 video code, enjoy the high-resolution video even at a low-internet-speed
    environment.
    ● Supports 4K HD video, which brings us clearer image quality and 3D vision enjoy.
    ● HDMI 2.0 connector: You can directly connect your TV to Sunvell T95M TV box through an HDMI
    cable and set up your home cinema for the best 4K x 2K HD multimedia experience.
    ● Supports 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle.
    ● Supports multiple languages and multiple formats video.
    ● Time and work status of the box are displayed.
    ● Network functions: Skype chatting, Youtube, Flicker, Facebook, online movies, etc..
    ● Free Internet searching, thousands of android applications, many kinds of games, etc..
    ● Infrared remote control let you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you

This box has really surprised me on how well it proforms.
    The T95M in this review has 2GB DDR3 Ram + 8GB eMMC Rom
    It has 2 full sized usb ports,1 otg port,micro sd card slot,AV,ethernet,HDMI out,SPDIF & the power
    port & not forgetting the secret recovery button in the AV hole.

The T95M is a small sized tv box but its not lacking anything,I will mention It has no power button
    on the device its self,But it comes with a good IR remote so you can do most things from the
    remote.Its also nice to see a clock on the front of the tv box thats something different.
    There’s plenty of ventilation holes on the bottom of the box to help with the cooling.This is a
    must have on any tv box IMO as many tv box's over heat But not this one.

The box comes pre rooted & is running android Lolliopo 5.1 With some useful apps

Facebook,Drop Box,Kodi,Mobdro,Film on,Skype,Netflix,Showbox to name a few.

M8 style launcher

App Draw

Kodi 16.0

Pre-install Kodi media center,Kodi can be used to play almost all of your popular audio and video
    formats around. You can stream your multimedia from anywhere in the house or directly from the
    internet.Comes pre loaded with tons of addon’s (Some adult content)

1080 video’s have been playing fine up to now also 1080 youtube video’s playing fine

The T95M also comes with a addon updater for kodi (A good idea for noobs) But seems to take for
    ever to download,,over an hour to update. And once downloaded a lot of old & none working
    addons thats two hours of my life gone so now back to my normal kodi setup.

Internal Photos

As you can see in the photo below there is a heatsink,Its only tiny but doing a great job The T95M
    gets warm not hot,But i will fit a bigger one myself when i get around to it.

Games

Games iv tested so far are the normal games i use to test ,Beach buggy blitz & Asphalt 8 both of them
    play perfect with no lag whats so ever they also load very fast..

All the games iv tested have been with my PS3 controller using the sixaxis app 0.8.3

Device & firmware

Gearbest has just posted the stock Firmware (I have not tested this yet)

The firmware on this box is a lot better than i was expacting & everything works as it should so far.

Firmware on my box when arrived is LMY47V.20160622

It will be interesting to see if we will get any OTA firmware updates (We would like to see this
    Sunvell)

The boot time on the New T95M is between 30 & 35 seconds to complete

Shut down time is 1 second

Antutu Score of 35364

USB logitec c270 webcam works fine

External Samsung hard drive of 1TB works fine powered by the T95m

32GB SD Card works

It comes pre installed with kodi 16.0

HDMI CEC works great, i love being able to control the box with my normal tv remote this is a great
    touch.

Some tech stuff

Antutu

Antutu video tester

CPU Z

WIFI

ETHERNET

Specifications

General

Brand: Sunvell
    Model: T95M
    Type: TV Box
    GPU: Mali-450
    System: Android 5.1
    CPU: Amlogic S905
    Core: 2.0GHz,Quad Core
    RAM: 2G
    ROM: 8G
    Color: Black

Media Supported

Decoder Format: "HD MPEG1/2/4,H.264,H.265,HD AVC/VC-1,HD

MPEG4,RealVideo8/9/10,RM/RMVB,Xvid/DivX3/4/5/6
    Video format: ASF,AVI,DAT,FLV,H.264,H.265,ISO,MKV,MOV,MPEG,MPG,R M,RMVB,TS,VOB,WMV
    Audio format: AAC,AC3,APE,DDP,DTS,FLAC,HD,MP3,OGG,WAV,WMA
    Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,PNG,TIFF

Product Details

WIFI: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
    Power Supply: Charge Adapter
    Interface: HDMI,Micro SD Card Slot,RJ45,USB2.0
    Language: Multi-language

Package Contents:

1 x Sunvell T95M TV Box,
    1 x IR Remote Control,
    1 x HDMI Cable,
    1 x Power Adapter,
    1 x English Manual

Basic Unboxing video

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Nice review. The IR remote looks like a learning remote, handy for those using older A/V gear. If so, these instructions may help with the programming.
    Cheers.

Comment

Did it support drm widevine?

Comment

Miracast and airplay support?

Comment

Working...
        X