[NEW] KowanTV Click To Play Entertainment Hub REVIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NEW] KowanTV Click To Play Entertainment Hub REVIEW

KowanTV Click To Play Entertainment Hub European American TV Channels Live Broadcast Video on demand IPTV BOX 1000+ Free Channels

Hi Guys,
    This time the review is for something a little different, The KowanTV click & play entertainment hub

KowanTV one IPTV Box Mini PC uses the Amlogic S812 CPU Linux based, with 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM, supprots 802.11 b/g/n wireless, Bluetooth, OTG, HDMI, Ethernet LAN. KowanTV Entertainment Hub can play European American TV Channels Live Broadcast Video on demand, supports 1000+ Free Channels.

The KowanTV HUB was sent to review from the guys and girls at geekbuying, So a big thanks go out to the staff at geekbuying for the prompt & trouble free arrival of this device it arrived in 7 days with NO CUSTOMS to pay this time :-)

Highlights (From Geekbuying)

Supports fanatics, movie buffs, TV addicts, music lovers, Kowan TV hubs deliver an entertainment experience like no other. Enjoy internet TV, Live TV, PRV recording, video on demand, music and apps through your big screen TV - completely free !

Kowan TV hubs have been custom designed to deliver an exceptional in-home entertainment experience. Kowan`s bes poke technology lets you enjoy ultra fast streaming of AHD video content combined with crystal clear audio playback ( at up to 7.1 surround sound), delivering a truly cinematic experience.

With Kowan, you can turn your home into an entertainment ecosystem.L Kowan TV hubs employ a powerful WIFI system that allows you to share content, from one device to another, quickly and easily. Connect multiple Kowan devices, smart phones or tablets to share live TV, recordings, streamed content and stored media files over WIFI throughout your home.

The Kowan TV APP makes controlling your entertainment experience and sharing content a breeze. Simply download and connect to your WIFI network to control a specific Kowan device or access content anywhere in your home.

I have really taken to the look and feel to the device as its well built,Venterlation holes,Heat sink,Amlogic S812,Fast Ui,Got some weight behind it & comes with a cool remote.

The box boots up in about 20 seconds & another 10/15 for the live tv addons to load up so its not slow.

Iv made a quick Video to show how the box runs showing the UI etc etc

As you can see in the video the box does seem to run great The Ui is very responsive

The Live tv streams do update every few hours or so via OTA Updates, im wondering how long this will last for though

Internal Photos

AP6330 WIFI chip seen above

Its good to see there's a heat sink fitted And its doing a great job along with the ventilation holes the box does not over heat

And below iv removed the heat sink so we can see the Amlogic S812 chip

As you can see in the above photo there is a recovery button but no way to get to it unless you disassemble the box

The KowanTV Operating System is a Embedded Media OS( linux ) Reminds me of my openLEC setup on my wetek

The KowanTV hub Comes with everything you need to get you up & running,On opening the box you will find the Kowantv hub,Kowan RF Remote,HDMI cable,Power adapter,Micro USB Remote Charger Cable & the Set-up Guide.

A quick heads up,,You can only use the stock remote that comes with the KowanTV hub.I have tried mouse & keyboard they do not connect at all But with all that said there's no need for a mouse or keyboard on this device as the stock remote is quit cool & even is LED back lit.

Once connected up to the TV Press the power button on the remote & the Box will boot up & ask your internet connection wifi or eithernet (This is the only set up info i got to see)You will only see this on first boot

Now the box is up & running it does a channel scan & here's me waiting for over 1000 tv channels to load up lol lol,, Well i got 91 live TV channels so not anywhere near the 1000 as stated in the sales link. Im not saying you will never get the 1000 channels i just think it would take some setting up to get that.

Now you should be seeing this screen
    (The main UI)

Live tv,On demand,Music & settings

Very easy to use and simple to navigate But it would be nice to be able to customise the UI NO SUCH OPTION THERE

Live tv Menu

All but a few of the 91 live streams do load and play fine but the quality of the live streams is not good at all, Most are from the filmon addon They do look ok on a small screen but if your planning on watching them on a big screen you will need to put up with poor video quality.

EPG guide

On demand

A lot of the ondemand selection does work ok but at least 40% of then wont play due to buffering or streaming error, this is the same on wifi and Lan

Music

Settings

Specification

General

Brand Kowan
    Model KowanTV one
    Quantity 1 Piece
    Color Black

System

Operating System Embedded Media OS( linux )
    CPU Amlogic S812( ARM cortex-A9 )
    GPU Mali-450 Octo-core
    RAM 2GB RAM
    ROM 8GB Flash Memory

Communication

Wifi Connectivity IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz/5GHz
    Ethernet 10/100M
    Bluetooth??????? (I cant find any bluetooth settings my self nor can my phone or pc see the Kowan hub)

Media

Video Supported
    Video (up to 4K)

MPEG1/2/4, H.264, H.265,AVC, VC-1 , RM/RMVB , Xvid , DviX3/4/5/6, RealVideo 8/9/10

Audio Supported MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, OGG, AC3, DDP, TRUEHD, DTS, DTS HD, FLAC, APE
    Picture Supported JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG
    Resolution 4K*2K
    Range RF Remote Receiver 15M
    Dolby Digital Decoder Up to 7.1
    Internet Requirements Supports most standard dsl connections adsl, adsl 2 and adsl 2 + , cable internet and wifi (including 3 g and 4 g speeds )

Interfaces

HDMI Port HDMI 1.4
    Other Interfaces HDMI, Optical Audio, Ethernet, USB 2.0*2,DC IN

Dimensions & Weight

Dimensions 135*125*27mm/5.31*4.92*1.06in; Product 12.8*10.6*2.2cm/5*4.2*0.9inches
    Weight 550g/19.40oz; Product 264g/9.45oz

This would be a cracking device if only it was priced up right i am enjoying using it i can say that much.

For the life of me i can not understand why this box is so expencive (Maybe im missing something)Yes its a cool looking box,Yes its fast & yes it works very well indeed But no its not made from gold,Anyone thats good with kodi can have this kind of set up on a cheap as chips tv box saving you about $150.My first thoughts was its priced up wrong but nope its the correct price (Iv checked) I now notice it comes with a free gift (The tenda F3 router) I think it should come with a free smart phone and tablet at this price.

Do i recomend this tv box, Well its a kinda of smart & does work well in most cases,If you have a spare $200 go for it

Edit Oh some good news folks here’s a $40 coupon for the Kowan PSDBNTDL

Package Contents

1 x KowanTV Entertainment Hub
    1 x Kowan RF Remote
    1 x HDMI cable
    1 x Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)
    1 x Micro USB Remotee Charger Cable
    1 x Set-up Guide

Basic Unboxing video

Last edited by blinkone; 08-29-2016, 12:01.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab
Working...
X