Beelink CA1 DVR/Recoder review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink CA1 DVR/Recoder review

I am one of a group of people who were selected to receive the Beelink CA1 DVR car recorder. The package consists of the Camera/recorder, a 3.5 metre micro USB cable, a usb cigarette lighter adapter (2.1 & 1.0A), a photoshot button, a window mount, installation tool for the cabling and a simple instruction sheet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ca1 mount.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	609773 Click image for larger version

Name:	CA1 Photo button.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	609774 Click image for larger version

Name:	CA1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	609775

The packaging as what I see from other Beelink products I have purchased is retail quality, not something that you would expect from a company that deals with mainly online purchases. The camera and the photoshoot button are kept snuggly in a foam protective insert that is not going to allow them to be damaged short of running the box over. The usb cable, usb car power adapter and window mount are packaged inside cardboard inserts.

The camera/recorder is a spherical device containing the lens, usb power connecter, micro sd (max 32gb) slot, window mount connector and a led light. The light blinks green when all is well and it is recording or red when it is initializing or shutting down after power is disconnected. The camera is what I would say is your standard build quality consisting completely of a plastic outer shell as with most every product in our modern retail environment.

The window mount is the Achilles heal of the package as looking at the insert that holds the camera to the mount I can not see it handling many of the typical droppings when the mount tends to fall fom the window from time to time. I do however love the dial suction rather than the typical lever used to suck the mount close to the window.

Video quality is 720p and is recorded in approximately 10 minute segments and picture are 1080p and look very crisp. Video and pictures are recorded to the microSD card and can be downloaded to your device with the Beelink software that you can download to your android or apple device. The only flaw that I found with the software is that when selected full screen before for the camera said the “Hello Beelink” which caused a freeze which can be fixed by shrinking the screen and enlarging again.

Finally the manual speaks of connecting the camera to the OBD port of your vehicle with the included USB cable I think) to have it record while parked (I think they mean when the vehicle is turned off) and I could find no way to do this.
    I am one of a group of people who were selected to receive the Beelink CA1 DVR car recorder. The package consists of the Camera/recorder, a 3.5 metre micro USB cable, a usb cigarette lighter adapter (2.1 & 1.0A), a photoshot button, a window mount, installation tool for the cabling and a simple instruction sheet.

The packaging as what I see from other Beelink products I have purchased is retail quality, not something that you would expect from a company that deals with mainly online purchases. The camera and the photoshoot button are kept snuggly in a foam protective insert that is not going to allow them to be damaged short of running the box over. The usb cable, usb car power adapter and window mount are packaged inside cardboard inserts.

The camera/recorder is a spherical device containing the lens, usb power connecter, micro sd (max 32gb) slot, window mount connector and a led light. The light blinks green when all is well and it is recording or red when it is initializing or shutting down after power is disconnected. The camera is what I would say is your standard build quality consisting completely of a plastic outer shell as with most every product in our modern retail environment.

The window mount is the Achilles heal of the package as looking at the insert that holds the camera to the mount I can not see it handling many of the typical droppings when the mount tends to fall fom the window from time to time. I do however love the dial suction rather than the typical lever used to suck the mount close to the window.

Video quality is 720p and is recorded in approximately 10 minute segments and picture are 1080p and look very crisp. Video and pictures are recorded to the microSD card and can be downloaded to your device with the Beelink software that you can download to your android or apple device. The only flaw that I found with the software is that when selected full screen before for the camera said the “Hello Beelink” which caused a freeze which can be fixed by shrinking the screen and enlarging again.

Finally the manual speaks of connecting the camera to the OBD port of your vehicle with the included USB cable I think) to have it record while parked (I think they mean when the vehicle is turned off) and I could find no way to do this.

I think after the novelty wears off you will most likely set it and forget unless you need the video or picture. Would I purchase...I have contemplated a dashcam for a while and I would say yes. Here is some photos taken & links to where the CA1 can be purchased.

Click image for larger version

Name:	161102008.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	609777 Click image for larger version

Name:	16110200c.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	609779

Canadian purchase link for Amazon.ca

US Amazon.com

Gearbest.com (my favorite)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Altaman; 11-15-2016, 19:04.
Working...
X