Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ugoos UT3+(RK3288) - A User's Review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ugoos UT3+(RK3288) - A User's Review...

The UT3+ is the third RK3288 TV box in the Ugoos lineup. Like the original UT3, the UT3+ has an HDMI In port. Unlike the original, the HDMI input of the UT3+ can be recorded and it has PIP function.
    Thanks to Ugoos for supplying the UT3+ and lightning-fast shipping via DHL.

Some Specs:
    • Rockchip RK3288 Quad-Core CPU
    • 2GB RAM
    • 16GB Storage
    • Dual-Band AC WiFi
    • 10/100/1000 LAN
    • 3 USB 2.0
    • uSD card slot
    • SPDIF
    • HDMI In(ver.1.4 up to 1080px60fps) via a Toshiba 358749XBG converter chip. Note: HDMI In will not accept HDCP source, ie. DVD player, Cable STB, etc.
    • A/V Out Note: This jack is different than the jack on the UT3. From the looks of it, it only handles audio. The jack is about 3mm shorter and has fewer contacts than the UT3 jack. This means no analog video on the UT3+.
    • External Antenna
    • Alloy Case with ventilation on the bottom and side(Antenna/power button side)
    • Fan
    • RTC Battery

Unboxing pics....

More to come....
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 07-23-2016, 06:57.

The UT3+ has been officially released. Also a new firmware was released, Android 5.1.1(3.0.7 on release-keys). All of the Ugoos F/W goodies are included, Fan Control, LED Setting, Two-Click Root, File Server, Ugoos Gamepad Settings, Hardware Monitor and Fireasy Remote app for phone or tablet, works over network or BT. Also on-board are the Ugoos Launcher and Ugoos Kodi with the RK Codec.

I have recorded a few samples using the HDMI In port(Example here.). The record dialog offers two options regarding length of recording, Auto or 10 minutes, other options are currently unavailable. A 45 minute recording @1080px60fps w/mono audio is about 2.4GB, Input source needs to be two-channel audio with the source's volume set between 50% and 80%, depending on the source video. If set too loud, digital distortion will occur. It is a good idea to test source volume prior to recording. PIP is also available and works well.

More to come.....
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 07-23-2016, 06:28.

Comment

Anxiously waiting for your review. One thing that Rockchip has never completed, is their Dolby and DTS passthrough inside Kodi. In today's market, it is no longer acceptable to put out a product that is half baked, like boxes with Rockchip SoC's. I would expect these new boxes to work correctly out of the box, if not they should be declared a NOT buy rating.
      thanks
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12
        Anxiously waiting for your review. One thing that Rockchip has never completed, is their Dolby and DTS passthrough inside Kodi. In today's market, it is no longer acceptable to put out a product that is half baked, like boxes with Rockchip SoC's. I would expect these new boxes to work correctly out of the box, if not they should be declared a NOT buy rating.
        thanks

I'm indeed with clarkss.

In my opinion Rockchip will die slowly on the Tv box front, Rockchip it's only good on paper with their spec, but this spec will not help with a half baked firmware, today people will choose instead a cheap amlogic box, and this cheap amlogic box rocks as media player, and install openelec on this box have let me retirement mine Rockchip box early, on paper this Rockchip box it's a MONSTER but this MONSTER have not a heart so it's will be useless for me

Comment

I respect your opinion fellows, but I get passthrough DTS and Dolby TrueHD/Master inside Kodi(15.2) on my UT3.
          AFAIK Bugs exist in all of these devices out-of-the-box and beyond, AML, Rockchip, Mstar, Allwinner, etc. I am unfamiliar with any of these that met all claims, OBE.
          I own 3 RK and 2 AML TV boxes, I have enjoyed each for their strengths and look forward to trying others.

I have found the UT3 to be a very versatile device and it is very quick.
          I have high hopes for the UT3+, based on my experience with the UT3.
          Opinions vary based on needs and expectations. As such, I doubt any one of the named devices will satisfy everyone equally.
          Regards.

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Hello hey69, Not yet, hopefully soon. As soon as it is available, I will resume this review. The box they show at Gearbest describes the UT3+ as coming with Android 4.4, the test F/W on my sample is 5.1. Good day.

Comment

Alright! Newly released full-house firmware accompanies the official release of the UT3+. So far working very well. Over the coming days, I will be adding content and impressions to the first and second posts in this thread. Please stay tuned.
                Good day(literally).

Comment

When recording, audio is only heard from the left channel. Also, two channels of audio are recorded, but produce only a two-channel mono recording.
                  So these need to be fixed. I will report these findings to Ugoos, hopefully a fix is in the works.
                  Otherwise recording works well.

It should be noted that the HDMI In will not accept an HDCP source such as a DVD Player, Cable STB, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X