• Show
Clear All

MXQ 4K RK3229 TV-BOX REVIEW

Click image for larger version

Name:	MXQ-RK3229-2.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	566271
    Today I bring you a Review for the New MXQ 4K RK3229 TV BOX.
    First, I want to say thanks to TomTop.com for Sending me the Sample.

Technical Specs:

- Android 4.4
    - H.264/H.265 10Bit Hardware decoding
    - Rockchip RK3229 Quad core Up to 1.5GHz
    - Mali-400MP
    - OpenGL ES 2.0
    - DDRIII 1GB
    - Nand Flash 8GB
    - 2.4G WiFi, 10/100 BaseT
    - HDMI 2K*4K
    - KODI \DLNA \ AirPlay \ Google TV Remote \ LAN \ Miracast \ 3D movie support

We got that low-Cost Media Player before like that one with H3 CPU.
    As we know these Devices were not the Best in Performance and Media Playing, on most H3 Devices YouTube App was not Working.
    So I want to see what that low Price Device can offer, let me say I get Surprised!

What is Inside the Box?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MXQ-4K_H.265_VP9_TV_Box.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	566272

- MXQ 4K Device
    - Power Supply
    - HDMI Cable
    - IR Remonte
    - User Manual

About the Box

MXQ 4K TV Box support 4K 10-bit H.265 video Playback also has Kodi 15.2. TV Box runs on Android 4.4. In the package you will find: IR remote control, HDMI cable, Power adapter and a user manual. Rockchip RK3229 is an affordable processor that is compared to Amlogic S805 because it also has a 1.5Ghz Quad Core, but Cortex–A7 processor. And most importantly, unlike the S805, RK3229 supports 4K UHD @ 60fps HW decoding.

First Run:

After Plugin the Box you get the Standart MBOX Boot Animation and Land in the MBOX Launcher you may know from AMLogic Devices.
    The Box comes non-Rooted and has some Apps pre Installed like YouTube, Netflix and Kodi 16.
    Until now all runs Smooth with no Problems i did not see any Break in the Device.

Media Playback:

I try Kodi 16 that comes preinstalled on the Box to Playback some Media Files.
    The Video Playback where more than ok for this Device.
    What I notice is that the Box runs @ HD with Preinstalled Firmware.
    After Update the Firmware with this one --> http://www.mediafire.com/download/rb...a_20160308.zip
    The Box Play all Videos in FullHD without any Problem.

Conclusion:

For me, the Box is a Winner.
    You get a good Box for a Low Price, with this you can watch Videos or even Play some Small Games.
    Also, Streaming with NetFlix or other Streaming Service runs without Problems.
    If you want a Box for that using then get yourself this Box and you will be happy.

You can buy the Box here --> http://goo.gl/177z9P
    With this Code you can Save 5% on the Buying VE5OFF

Regards
    Neomode

Working...
X