ULEFONE POWER THE BATTERY MONSTER [REVIEW] by NEOMODE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ULEFONE POWER THE BATTERY MONSTER [REVIEW] by NEOMODE

This, Time I bring you a Review for the ULEFONE POWER.
    Firstly I like to thank Banggood for the Test Sample!

The Ulefone Power is a smartphone with Android 5.1 (6.0) and a Battery with 6,050 mAh.
    But the nearly 146.99 USD Device also offers a 5.5-inch Full HD display and aa Fingerprint sensor.
    Is that enough for a real hit?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ulefone-power-official-photos-header-640x378.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	581054

Technical Specs:
    Model ULEFONE POWER
    Touch ID Fingerprint Scanner Unlock in 0.1 - 0.5s
    Sim Card Dual Sim or One Sim and SD-CARD
    Color White / Blue / Wooden
    Ram 3GB DDR3 RAM
    Rom 16GB (Micro SD-Card up to 128GB)
    Multi-Language English as default
    CPU MTK MT6753 Octa Core 1.3 Ghz GPU
    System Android 6
    Screen Display Size 5.5
    FHD 1920x1080
    Camera 13MP 4th generation Sony IMX214 F1.8
    Front Camera 5.0MP Video 1080p
    Network and Wireless 4G: FDD-LTE: 800/900/1800/2100/2600
    3G:WCDMA 900/2100
    WIFI : Support 2.4 Ghz only
    Positioning: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Digital Compass
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
    Battery capacity and life SONY 6050mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
    Standby Time: 4 Days
    Charger: 9V/2A-3A Quick charge
    Quick Charge 5 Min Talking time : 2 Hours
    Quick Charge 30 Min Normal use : 1 Day
    Quick Charge 90-120 Min Full Charge
    Sensor G-sensor, Light Sensor ,Proximity Sensor ,Hall Effect Sensor
    Functions Infrared,FM,OTG,Hotknot,Miracast,Gestures to wake up,
    Smart Power Saving Mode
    Size Dimensions: 155 x 77 x 9.5mm
    Net Weight: 185g (Built-in battery)
    Screen & Design

The Ulefone Power features a crisp 5.5 inch Full HD screen (1920×1080 pixels) which has an impressive PPI of 401.
    The phone also uses Gorilla Glass 3 which is a nice touch (excuse the pun) and will protect the screen from minor scratches.
    Screen works well indoors and out, with a text looking crisp and images looking reasonably vibrant, it has good viewing angles
    with the black levels, although not AMOLED, still producing a good amount of ‘pop’.

In your hand, the Ulefone Power feels well-built but what you’ll notice is that the device is slightly on the heavy side.
    The official weight from Ulefone is 190 grams battery included, although I think in reality it may weigh slightly more.
    I haven’t mentioned this as a negative point because there is a very good reason for the extra-weight and that is the 6050mAh battery.
    The bigger the battery the more it’s going to weigh.

On the side, you’ll find a dedicated shutter button which makes taking selfies effortless but is at a slightly odd angle to use as the rear camera shutter button.
    On the top, you’ll find an RBG notification LED and on the bottom the backlit capacitive halo home button.

Ulefone have opted for a finger-print sensor on the back of the Power. Its placement is quite high which could be a stretch for anyone with smaller hands.
    But, credit to Ulefone, the sensor is fast and accurate if your fingers are up to the stretch.

Colours Available: Blue, White & Oak Wooden edition
    Screen Tech Specs: 5.5 inch, LTPS AUO, 1920×1080, 401 PPI, Capacitive, 2.5D, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3

Hardware

Ulefone haven’t gone with the latest Helio processors from MediaTek which has helped to keep the costs down but that doesn’t mean they have made
    cuts elsewhere because the Power has 3GB of RAM, a fingerprint sensor and an infrared sensor to keep us happy.
    Specification-wise the Ulefone Power compares very similarly to the Ulefone Paris.

CPU
    The brains behind the Ulefone Power is the MediaTek MT6753, which runs at 1.3GHz on all 8 cores,
    it’s the same CPU that we see in the Ulefone Paris. Although not a high-end chip the MT6753 is nippy and responsive giving the
    phone a fluid responsive feel.

Geekbench Score:

Single Core Performance: 627
    Multi-Core Performance: 2841
    GPU – Gaming Performance
    When we tested the Ulefone Power some of the games were stuttering slightly. This is a known issue by Ulefone and they are working to resolve it with over-the-air OTA updates. After they rebuild the ROM for the Marshmallow update I’ll re-test the gaming performance of the Ulefone Power.

RAM
    The Power comes with 3GB of RAM inside which was plenty to keep the phone running smoothly throughout our testing.

Internal Storage
    The phone comes with 16GB of internal storage with the option to expand this further by using an external memory card of up to 128GB. The downside to this is that using an SD card will take up the second SIM slot so it’s an either / or scenario.

Tech Specs: MT6753 CPU 8-Core 1.3GHz, 64bit Capable (32bit OS), ARM MALI-T720 GPU, 3GB RAM, 16GB Storage, 128GB expandable

Click image for larger version

Name:	ulefone-power-hardware.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	581904

Battery

Now this is where the phone really shines. Inside the non-removable back, you’ll find a 6050mAh battery manufactured by Sony that also features quick-charge.
    With medium usage, you’ll be able to push the Ulefone power to run for around 4 days. That’s fantastic for a smartphone.
    To fully charge the Ulefone power it will only take around 2 hours which is pretty decent and 5 minutes connected to their quick-charge charger will get you around 2 hours of phone usage.

Conclusion

The Ulefone Power is worth every Cent of the Price.
    You get a Solid and Powerfull Phone that bring you arround the Day and more.
    I used the Phone very heavy one Day with Music Skype Youtube etc. and on the end of that Day i Still have 35% of Battery left.
    Also the Support for LTE and all Importand Bands in EU is very good.
    For the Wifi you only get a 2.4Ghz Module, but that one is the most Powerfull i seen so far in a Mobile Phone.

So if you need a new Phone you can get one from Banggood here --> http://www.banggood.com/Ulefone-Powe...lefone%20Power

Last edited by neomode; 06-28-2016, 08:06.

Awesome piece of hardware, you have there Neomode.
    The review rocks.

JD

Comment

Now iam pissed at my g4 less for that one and more power... Nice review.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
      X