Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NEXBOX T10 Mini PC(Intel Z8300) - A User's Review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RISCy Dude

The (narrow) "unknown connector" must be a fan connector. You can see it on the other T-devices of NEXBOX, one connector is for a fan and the other is for power button and/or camera. I look for solutions regarding the heating problem due to bad air circulation inside the device. To be precise, I look for a fan solution but I can't find a fan with this kind of connector. Is there someone who can help?

Comment

Hello eooe, Welcome to Freaktab.
      Interesting, I will have to check this next time I have the box apart.

Comment

Hello, I need help with my T10.

I have had to reinstall W10 because I got a video problem, and now I need the video and wifi drivers for the unit. If someone have a unit of this, can upload a backup of the drivers?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello toneto, Welcome to Freaktab.
          I have a backup of the drivers from my T10 and for just 5 cents each ....

Just kidding of course, I will get them to you. It is a couple of hours before I get to the T10. When I get to the tech, I will upload and send you the link.

User Trebor pointed me to a driver backup utility called, "Double Driver". Once you get everything working, you can use that utility to backup all your drivers.
          Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            Hello toneto, Welcome to Freaktab.
            I have a backup of the drivers from my T10 and for just 5 cents each ....

Just kidding of course, I will get them to you. It is a couple of hours before I get to the T10. When I get to the tech, I will upload and send you the link.

User Trebor pointed me to a driver backup utility called, "Double Driver". Once you get everything working, you can use that utility to backup all your drivers.
            Cheers.
            Great!! I read about the "Double driver" program when I was looking for information about the drivers I needed, and because of that I asked here the backup. Thanks again! I'll be watching out for the link!

Comment

Sorry it took so long, took me a bit to locate the backup.

These are the Net and Display folders from the Double Driver backup of my T10. Hopefully what you need is in them, if not, I'll send the balance.
              I zipped to save space. When unzipped, the Display folder is 500 Megs+. Here is the file, I'll leave it up for a couple of days.
              It should be known, that I have not needed to use these backups, so you'll be the first.
              Let me know if this does not cover it.

In addition to Double Driver, other useful WIndows bits are here.

Comment

Thanks, RIsCy,

I don't want to bother you, but after the update with your upload I'm still having issues with my devices. Here is an attachment with a capture of the Device Manager, and as you can see, there are a lot of devices without the correct drivers.

Can you share with me the full drivers backup, or only the rest of the drivers?

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.
                Attached Files

Comment

It is no bother, nor is it inconvenient.
                  ​​​​​Here is the balance of the folders. If it does not do it, I will make another fresh backup(tonight).
                  The file.
                  Let me know if you are successful.
                  ​​​​​​​Cheers.

Comment

toneto Did you have any luck?

Comment

Hello RIsCy,

sorry for the delay, but I have been very busy this last days. I have tried a new installation of W10 with the recovery of the video and net drivers (the first upload) and afterwards with the rest of the recovery (the second upload), but still had video problems and a couple of devices with the drivers not availables.
                      I tried a new fresh installation of W10 and I changed the order for the drivers restoration. First, I recovered the Rest of the drivers (your second upload) and afterwards the Video and Net drivers (your first upload) and Eureka!. The wifi and video drivers worked correctly.

But unfortunately the initial video problem is still here. The new W10 installation don't fix the initial video problem, and now like before, when I try to boot the Nexbox, none of my three Tv receives a signal from the HDMI output of the Nexbox T10. The first times I hardly could enter the bios after trying five or more times, but now I can't not even enter the bios or see any signal in my tv.

I think is a bios problem, but I can't assure certainly.

Thank you RISCy for helping, but I see very difficult to fix the problem.

Comment

Have you changed settings in the BIOS? If so, which one(s)?

What does the LED do when you attempt boot?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
                          Have you changed settings in the BIOS? If so, which one(s)?

What does the LED do when you attempt boot?
                          Since the first boot the Tv had problems to recognize the device, but when finally was detected, the unit was working well. The next day I tried to use the unit and the same problem. Then, trying to fix the problem, I booted into the bios (after a lot of reboots) and changed some settings that didn't help. Afterwards, I set the default settings, with the same problem with the unit to be recognized by any Tv, and with different HDMI wires. The only thing I thought that I could try was reinstall Windows, and thats was what I did. You know the rest of the story.

The unit apparently is working well because the blue light in the front is ok, and if you press the power button for 10 seconds the device switch off correctly, but the problem is that the tv (I've done the check in three different Tvs) doesn't show any signal from the T10. It is like a problem with the HDMI output signal or with the firmware/bios of the unit.

Thanks for your interest, RIScy

Comment

I know it sounds overly simplistic, but one of the three HDMI cables I use does not fit the T10 well. This is due to interference between the T10's top cover(area over the HDMI port) and the particular cable's larger than average shell. When I first noticed no signal out, I thought something was very wrong. The cable felt fully seated, but when I gave it a firmer push, it fully seated, felt like about 2mm of travel. All was fine after that, I just pay more attention to it when using that cable.

Also, try pressing Fn+F5 and/or Fn+F6 when the T10 is on.

If you need any resources from my T10, just let me know.
                            Last edited by RISCy Dude; 09-16-2016, 08:51.

Comment

Have also noted on a couple of Media Players plugged in feels snug, nope push in it all the way...sneaky
                              Cheers

treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks again RISCy, I'll do another attempt this night with different wires, and tightening a litle the connection

Comment

Working...
                                X