[NEW] DoLaMee D5 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NEW] DoLaMee D5 Review

DoLaMee D5 Review,Android 5.1 RK3229 1GB+8GB WiFi Kodi 4K x 2K TV Box Player

Hi Guys,

This time we have a review of the Dolamee D5 kindly sent to me to review from the guys at tmart.com

So first off a big thanks to the guys and girls at tmart for the review sample.

The Dolamee D5 is a rockchip based device it has the 3229 chip & when i was asked if i wanted to review this Tv box.
    I asked why this box it looks crap but how wrong was i, this little thing is ace for an out of the box plug and play where most things work
    its getting hard to find but look no further this is the box, cheap as chips & it works so well.

In the box you will find the Dolamee d5 tv box,Power addaptor,HDMI Lead,Basic Instruction Manual,& the ir remote.
    I hate ir remotes on a tv box but this one works pretty well, I like it but i also recomend using an air mouse & a keyboard or better still am air mouse with a keyboard.

The first thing you will notice when you open the box is how small the d5 is its around 9cm x 9cm.

The Ir receiver is on the front,2 full sized USB Ports on the left hand side along with the micro SD card slot,
    On the back we have the LAN,power port,HDMI,SPDIF,AV (WITH THE HIDDEN RECOVERY BUTTON INSIDE)

On the first boot it will boot straight into Android & there’s no stupid nasty looking launcher ether.

The first boot takes you to the d5's home screen (The nicest looking UI iv seen for a while)
    There is a bottom status bar that does auto hide but can be brought back with a swipe up from the bottom.
    Android is rooted & runs well for a rk3299 box there’s also no Chinese bloatware installed just a few of our favourites like kodi, Netflix, ES explorer & a few others.

The boot time on the Dolamee D5 is about 35/40 seconds with a shutdown time of 3 seconds

Antutu

Antutu Video

WIFI & Ethernet

The wifi on the D5 is picking up more wifi networks than most of the TV box's i own giving me my full download speed.

WIFI

ETHERNET

CPU Z

Software & firmware

The d5 arrived to me with the latest firmware dated 20160907 and that runs very well & is fully rooted (Download link below)

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Some internal photos

As you can see in the above photo there is a small heat sink fitted

KODI
    Iv been using the kodi setup for about a week now & it plays everything very well one of the best plug and plays TV box's iv tested in a wile.

Lots of add-ons, some work some don’t be warned there’s also some adult channels available

As you can see from the screen shot above its a nice looking kodi interface

And here's a quick look at the UI

Specifications

D5 ports

1 x HDMI port
    2 x USB port
    1 x TF Card Slot
    1 x LAN
    1 x DC Jack
    1 x SPDIF
    1 x AV (RECOVERY BUTTON INSIDE)

What’s in the Box

1x Dolamee D5 Tv box
    1x IR Remote
    1x Power Adapter
    1x HDMI cable
    1x Instruction Manual

Basic Unboxing Video

Using this Coupon: D5 Will bring the price down to $ 26.99..This is a great Tv box for the price i highly recomend the Dolamee D5 at just over £20 its a good deal.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab
Working...
X