• Show
Clear All

My Impressions - Yundoo Y2

Click image for larger version

Name:	Y2-3.png
Views:	86
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	602162

This is my impressions / take on the S912 based Yundoo Y2. I do think Amlogic chipsets have more reliable Performance as compared to AllWinner Chips. This box has the same 2 Gigs of Ram as the Beelink GT1 The Form factor on first impression on this Box is pretty neat without the Boxy Outlook of the GT1.

PACKAGING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS -

Name:	Packing 1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	602163Click image for larger version

Name:	Packing 2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	602164

Name:	Packing 3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	602165Click image for larger version

Name:	Packing 5.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	602166Click image for larger version

Name:	Port List.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	602167

The Device comes with a Remote, Power Adaptor and HDMI Cable along with a Manual. It has 2 USB Ports and one RJ45 Port along with the SPD/F port. There is no OTG Port, but there is a Audio Out for some reason. Although this device comes with its own remote, I tried to use the TK 668 Air mouse which I find quite lightweight and easy to use. However the device and the remote were not compatible and the remote did not work. So I used my other remote Mele F10.

TECHNICAL SPECS -

Here are key technical specs. The rest can be reviewed on the manufacturer website.
    • SoC – Amlogic S912 Octa Core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2GHz
    • GPU – ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz
    • Ram – 2 GB DDR3
    • Internal Storage – 16 GB NAND flash
    • Video - Output HDMI 2.0
      • 4K x 2K H.265 and VP9.
      • Dolby plus DTS surround sound.
    • Audio – HDMI, SPDIF
    • Connectivity –
      • 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet
      • 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Dual Band
    • Interfaces:
      • 2x USB 2.0
      • Bluetooth 4.0

IN DEPTH LOOK -

Name:	2016_10_02_23.58.40.png
Views:	53
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	602170Click image for larger version

Name:	2016_10_03_00.08.45.png
Views:	56
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	602171

Out of box, you have the new Launcher (Designed by XPoloV Team)Yundoo devices. I chose to go with the TV Launcher shipped with the Nexus Player. You need to grab it from Play store and sideload. The box is NOT rooted already! So it is a hugh let down. It is promised on Beelink's Forum that root might be offered in future firmwares. So we will see. For now, I am not thrilled.

I turned my attention to Kodi, which was predictably pre-installed. Turned out, that we have Kodi 16.0 Jarvis. This was a welcome surprise. I tested with my standard Addons of Hallmark and CNN along with Local Media Player. After I sync'd the Video library with my media server, the playback was pretty flawless. There was very little if any buffering for hallmark or ESPN, where I typically expected buffering to occur. Seems like Wireless performance is indeed better as promised in the firmware update.

The Maxthon Browser works real nice with the remote included. You may have to sideload the apk unless you are willing to change the Build.Prop values. Also you might want to consider the XBMC Launcher

For additional comments, you might want to see the Video Review.

ANTUTU SCORES and VIDEO PLAYBACK -

Name:	2016_10_02_23.57.40.png
Views:	55
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	602169

I did a Video Test as well as 3D Test when performing Antutu Scoring. The score is higher than that of the Beelink GT1, possibly attributed to the Dolby Software Decoders in addition to the Hardware Decoders.

However, Playback for H.265 videos had noticable issues. When I was playing the video, I saw an intermitant light green background flash in for a brief second. This continued for entire length of the video. Also the Built in Screenshot tool gave a complete black screen, every time I tried to take a screen shot of this green flash.

Overall, I'd go for the Beelink instead of this Box.

The Yundoo Y2 is available on Gearbest for $55.99
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Angryman22; 10-09-2016, 04:35.
Working...
X