Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cubot Manito 4G Smartphone Review

Cubot Manito 4G Smartphone
    Android 6.0 5.0 inch MTK6737 Quad Core 1.3GHz 3GB RAM 16GB ROM Bluetooth 4.0 A-GPS Accelerometer

Hi folks,

In this Review i will be looking at the new Cubot Manito,A Quad Core 1.3GHz 3GB RAM 16GB ROM Smart phone.

First of all i must thank the guys at Gearbest for the review sample to put through its paces.

The Cubot arrived to me in the UK from china in 6 days via DHL WITH £17 CUSTOMS TAX'S TO PAY (Be warned using DHL will more than likely in cure customs tax's)so if your not in a rush i would go for the snail mail to try and avoid this..

Main Features:
    Display: 5.0 inch HD screen
    CPU: MTK6737 Quad Core 1.3GHz
    System: Android 6.0
    RAM + ROM: 3GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    Camera: Back camera 8.0MP ( SW 13.0MP ) + front camera 1.3MP ( SW 5.0 MP)
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Navigation: GPS, A-GPS
    Sensor: G-sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Light sensor
    SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby, one is micro SIM card, the other is nano SIM card
    Network:
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/900/2100MHz
    4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

The cubot is a well known Chinese branded smart phone that have been around for a wile now.
    Chinese phones offer excellent value for money, with specs to rival flagship phones often at less than half the price.

The item arrived very well packed indeed with lots of protective bubble wrap.

The Cubot follows the current trend in the china phone market for metal bodied handsets, boasting a metal chassis that's backed by a plastic panel & with the 3GB RAM 16GB ROM it stands out for a cheap phone.

Looks & feel

On the edges of the phone you will find nice curved corners, as well as the usual buttons and inputs. On the right-hand side is the power key and volume rocker,

On the opposite side there's no buttons at all,A Mic on the bottom,

A 3.5mm head phone jack & the charging point on the top edge of the Cubot.

On the rear of the phone is the plastic cover that covers the battery and sim card slots (Yes sim card slots this phone has two sim card slots)one is a micro SIM card & the other is nano SIM card,I think this is a great idea to have both size sim card slots in the phone.

The covery is easy to remove to fit a sim card so no messing around there,The phones speaker is on the rear along with the 8MP camera (interpolated to 13MP) & flash led lamp.For an 8MP camera its been giving me some great shots see below im very pleased with it.

Camera

Its fitted with a 8 mega-pixel Samsung camera main camera (SW 13mp) with a f/2.0 aperture lens & a led flash light there’s also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera

Camera photos

More camera photos to come

My old phone used to pick up marks and scratches very easily, this dont seem to be the case with this one.This cubot came with a soft gel case that protects the phone very well also great that it came with the phone too, good to have one from day one but it does make the phone look kind of big.

First thoughts

Iv been using this phone for about a week now & its doing a great job,Clear in call sound also the loud speaker works very well on hands free.

Its nice to have it running Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
    On powering up the cubot the i got notified about a FW update,

so i thought i best get that out the way before i go any further that took about 2 min to finish then it booted back up into the Android UI the boot time is around 45sec to complete & that take you to the Android 6.0 UI home screen.

The screen itself is bright and vivid, and good at repelling fingerprints. With a resolution of 1280x720 pixels (HD 720) and decent viewing angles for enjoying movies and playing games.The phone in this review also came with a screen protective film (Not a glass one just a cheap one by the looks of it)

The cubot has the navigation bar buttons that sit below the screen: one takes you to the home screen, one takes you back a step, and one brings up a list of open apps,

The phone OTG port works as stated iv charged an iphone from the cubot With out any problems iv also tested an game pad dongle in the OTG that worked great.

The phones UI is nice & responsive fast in going from one app to another, Google play store is installed and works as it should.There’s no Chinese apps installed its got a nice clean system.

Firmware
    (Coming soon)

Antutu

GPS/wifi

The Cubot has good gps & had no problem picking up gps signals it finds the satellites fast and is accurate also the wifi is strong giving me my full home network download speed.

So far im getting what i call not bad battery life its been lasting me the day out, taking photos making a few calls a bit of facebook etc & i like the fact its a removable battery too can always get an replacement.

Quick video showing the phones UI

Cubot Manito Full Specs and Features
    STATUS & BRAND
    Brand Name
    Cubot
    Model
    Manito
    MEMORY
    Internal
    16 GB
    External
    Up to 256 GB, microSD
    RAM
    3 GB
    DISPLAY
    Display Size
    5 Inch
    Display Type
    HD IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    RESOLUTION
    720 x 1280 pixels , (~294 ppi )
    Multitouch
    Yes
    PROCESSOR & OS
    CPU
    1.3 GHz Quad core
    GPU
    Mali-T720
    OS
    Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
    CHIPSET
    MediaTek MT6737
    BATTERY
    Battery Model
    Li-Ion 2350 mAh battery
    Talk Time

NETWORK & CONNECTIVITY
    SIM Card
    Dual SIM
    2G
    Yes, GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 850
    3G
    Yes, HSDPA 2100 / 900
    4G
    Yes, LTE band
    Wi-Fi
    Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
    Hot-Spot
    Yes
    Bluetooth
    Yes, V4.0
    USB
    Yes, microUSB v2.0
    CAMERA
    Primary
    13 MP
    Secondary
    5 MP
    Camera Flash
    Yes, LED flash
    Video Recording
    Yes, 1080P
    Camera Features
    Autofocus,Geo-tagging,Touch focus, Face detection
    BODY Metal/ Plastic
    Weight 181.5 Grams
    SOUND & VIDEO
    Loudspeaker
    Yes
    Video
    3GP, MP4, WMV, AVI, MKV, FLV, H.264, H.263
    Jack Size
    3.5mm

Tech Speck's in more details
    Cubot has launched many smartphones included X series, P series, S series and so on. We produce the best unlocked android smartphones.

Package contents

Cell Phone: 1
    Power Adapter: 1
    USB Cable: 1
    Back Case : 1
    User Manual: 1

Basic Unboxing Video

Once again a big thanks to Gearbest for the Review sample
    Last edited by blinkone; 04-17-2017, 18:21.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab
Working...
X