Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[New] Doogee T5 Review

Doogee T5 Lite 4G Smartphone

Android 6.0 5.0 inch IPS Screen MTK6735 Quad Core 1.0GHz 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Gyroscope Bluetooth 4.0 GPS OTG Gravity Sensor

Hi Guys and Girls In this Review im going to be looking at the new Doogee T5 Lite From Gearbest
    The T5 arrived to me in 7 days via DHL with a whopping £19 in customs taxs to pay so be ready for this if you choose DHL.

Specifications –Doogee T5 Lite

5-inch screen with HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels)
    Processer quad core de 64 bits MT6735T
    2GB of RAM
    16 GB of internal storage expandable via microSD cards up to 32 GB
    Sony IMX219 rear camera 8MP
    front 5 megapixel camera
    With the 4,500 mAh battery
    Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Right lets get this party started the Doogee T5 is a rugged work horse of a phone that you dont have to worry about dropping or getting wet with its tri proof technologyThe Doogee T5 Lite has a very cool and uneek design that uses stainless steel for chassis, and a leather back cover + there is also a second back cover, the cover is rigid plastic that you can swap over once you have took out the 10 screws that hold on the sides and back cover.

Doogee is a Chinese company that is well known for bringing budget smart phones to the market,The 5-inch IPS display with a resolution in 1280x720 pixels does not disappoint with its clear & vibrant screen.

The T5 uses the MT6735 GPU, Mali T720

Doogee T5 Lite
    There are 2 styles, the crocodile business look and the PC sporty style. Not just the outside changes, but also the built-in UI with the HALL sensor. From inner to outsider, Changing the case changes the UI

The first smartphone combined DIY style with IP67 in the world
    T5 lite not only desirable but of unmatched durability and unparalleled quality, with the IP67 rating. Tri proof phone, water-proof, dust-proof, pressure-proof.

2GB RAM + 16 GB ROM, 64GB external memory card
    Equipped with the 64-bit processors and supports 64GB external memory card.

Dual customized UI and Android6.0
    Make the App permission more clarity to protect you from malicious intrusion. It will bring you a refreshing experience. The UI automatically changes as the appearance changes.

Massive 4500mAh battery and 5V/2A fast charge, rare big battery
    The normal tri proof phone don’t have such big capacity battery. The Doze and App of Android 6.0 shuts down the program which hasn’t been used for long time automatically. The power consumption will be reduced. The 5V/2A fast charge makes the quicker charge.

Looks & feel on the T5

Im really starting to love the look of this beast it just feels so strong

Some tech Stuff

Wifi

The WiFi on the Doogee T5 Lite is verry strong picking up networks that i never new was there giving it a great download speed.

Antutu

Cpu z

It nice to see a gyroscope in the T5 as most cheap end chinese phones dont seem to have this.
    The Doogee T5 lite is running android 6 out of the box & IMO its running verry well indeed.
    One of the main selling points of the Doogee T5 Lite is the IP67 rating & of course i had to test this.

Wow now thats something you dont see on many phones (A phone that does what it says WATER PROOF)I had no problem whats so ever with water getting in so yes this is a IP67 phone.

A few Camera photos (More to come on this)

Doogee T5 Lite Android 6.0 5.0 inch 4G Smartphone MTK6735 Quad Core 1.0GHz 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Gyroscope OTG

Main Features:

Display: 5.0 inch, 1280 x 720 pixels HD screen
    CPU: MTK6735 Quad Core 1.0GHz
    System: Android 6.0
    RAM + ROM: 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    Camera: 8.0MP rear camera + 5.0MP front camera
    Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope
    SIM Card: Dual SIM dual standby, one is standard SIM card, the other is micro SIM card
    Feature: GPS
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Network:
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
    4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

Two of the selling points of the Doogee T5 lite are the Tri proof protection and the lager than the avarge battery the 4,500 mAh that has been lasting me 3 to 4 days with quite high usage.

Whats in the box

1 × Phone
    1 × Battery
    1 × USB cable
    1 × OTG cable
    1 × back cover
    1 × Two side case's
    1 × Screwdriver
    1 × Power adapter

Basic unboxing Video

Toughness test from Doogee

Last edited by blinkone; 11-13-2016, 16:34.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Great review!

Is the speaker loud enough for use outdoors or in noisy environments like factories etc.?

Does the phone support Miracast?

Have you tried to improve the performance of the IMX219 sensor by lowering the ISO setting to see if that improves the quality?

Here are a few samples from the same sensor on an Elephone P6000 using the Camera FV-5 app.

There is another high quality shot included inside the first comment.
    Read on as we go in-depth with the Elephone P6000 as one of the first MT6732 powered phones on the market, in the Elephone P6000 review.

You could also try the Open Camera app from the Play Store.

Comment

Thanks dude,

As for the speaker it is quite loud but no louder than other phones i have + it does sound a bit muffled (I would guess this is down to the rubber membrain that protects the speaker from dust & water)

Nope sorry no Miracast on th T5 lite

Ahr yes the Camera FV-5 app This worked wonders on my Elephone s3(Have not got round to testing that yet on the T5)

Stay tuned more to come
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Working...
      X