Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VORKE V1 WINDOWS 10 MINI PC REVIEW (Repost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VORKE V1 WINDOWS 10 MINI PC REVIEW (Repost)

Vorke V1 Intel Braswell Celeron J3160 4G RAM 64G SSD Windows MINI PC 802.11AC WIFI Gigabit LAN Bluetooth4.0 HDMI & VGA Output USB3.0 - Black

Hi Guys & girls.

Here we have the new Vorke V1 Windows 10 mini pc from Geekbuying.

First of all i must thank the guys at Geekbuying for the review sample to test.This device has been a joy to tinker with

The Vorke V1 arrived in just over two weeks via snail mail with no customs to pay this time :-)

If you go for this Awesome mini pc i would go for the cheap & slow postage as with DHL you would more than likely to incur some big customs charges..

Highlights (From Geekbuying)

Celeron J3160

Celeron J3160 , a quad-core processor, operates between 1.6 and 2.24 GHz. Under the hood, it packs 2 MB of L2 cache, TDP of 6W and re-GPU HD Graphics 400.

DDR3 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, Both Extendable

It boasts DDR3 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD, advantageous in performance, security and reliability, ascribing to the eMMC memory, ultimately delivering a richer end-user experience.

RAM can be extended to 8GB, SDD unlimited, HDD 1TB.

Gigabit LAN

Gigabit LAN provides a data rate of 1 billion bits per second.

Applications

Office Work: Office, skype, yahoo, outlook and all other office requirement support and runs perfectly.

Design Work: Photoshop, CoreIDRAW, Dreamweaver, IIIustrator, Flash, Indesign and others.

Game Playing: Support most of the online games and PC games, like Warcraft, Counter-Strike (CS), support 3D games.

Entertainment: Support 4k video play, XBMC and others.

Windows 10 Activated

The vorke V1 comes with a power adaptor, charging cable & some basic instructions (No HDMI lead)

The first thing you will notice is the size & weight of the V1.This is a quality bit of kit i can tell you.Its bigger than I was expecting but boy is packed with goodies, I love how you can completely dissemble the whole thing.

The device weighs in at just under 14oz & the Dimensions are 153.4*153.4*38mm/ 6.039*6.039*1.496inches

Once i had unpacked the V1 its time to start seeing how this device preforms.

Its great to be able to weather i use the HDMI or the VGA port thats another good thing about the V1 or use them both at the same time.

The first thing i did was a windows updates that was an easy process & took just under 1 hour to be fully up to date.The next important thing i did was to do a driver backup using double driver (Link below for my driver backup)

Vorke V1 DD Backup

Also latest driver & Bios on Geekbuying blog

Vorke V1 Drivers & Bios

Now time to have a play the vorke v1 boots up in just over 30 seconds so no pain staking waiting around for it to boot up,Juts press the power button and sit down & your up & ready.

Its good to see the 4GB of ram & the 64GB rom & the best bit is both the ram & the rom can be upgraded so suit your needs.

WIFI & lAN

The wifi on the Vorke V1 is strong & constant not had one issue & if you want to go down the wired option you can use the (Gigabit LAN) that provides a data rate of 1 billion bits per second.

Ports & connections

The V1 has 4 USB port with 2 of them being the USB3 ports

Its nice to have 2 full sized USB3 ports on the rear for the faster data transferring etc etc

Power button the the top (I would of liked to see this on the side but thats my personal choice)

Power connector on the rear with the HDMI port,VGA PORT,rj45 port & the 3,5mm headphone socket

The V1 has ventilation holes on both side's of the device to help draw out the warm air.

When your looking to buy any windows or android tv box for that matter you need to be looking for a box with plenty of ventilation holes or you will be having over heating problems from day one NOT WITH THE VORKE V1 with all the ventilation holes and the internal fan doing a great job.

About the fan you going to ask how loud is it? Well i dont have a sound meter but so i cant tell you the sound level but i will say yes you can hear it some will say its too loud in my case its no louder that my desktop & after a wile you do not notice its there.

Some internal photos

Wow on dissembling this thing you really see how well made it is

Iv been using this thing as my main pc for the past week & its done everything iv asked of it everything works so dam well & fast..Kodi runs sweet (Always does on windows)

Iv tested a few games like Asphalt 8 & beach buggy racing both play very well even with the graphics set to high Thats using my Tronsmart Mars G01 Game pad (Windows picked up the game pad with out problems everything is so straight forward

What works

64GB sd works
    120GB SSD
    128GB USB Stick
    Samsung 1TB unpowered HD works
    Tronsmart Mars G01 Gamepad works
    Logitech c270 webcam works

Overall i would say where the V1 shines is video play back iv watched 6/7 films back to back with out fault,lag or stutter & no over heating on the v1 it does not even get warm so i would say the internal heat sink & fan is doing its job very well (so no heat sink mods required on this device)

I use an app on my android phone called unified remote to control my all my windows based devices its very simply to use it has mouse & key bored input i highly recommend trying it.

The remote app for your computer. Turn your smartphone into a wireless universal remote control with the Unified Remote App. Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Some tech stuff

Starting with the internal FORESEE 64GB SSD speed test

The same test with my 120GB Integral SSD

And now with a cheap USB3 stick

CPU Z

HW Monitor

Real temp

Specification

General

Brand Vorke
    Model V1
    Colour Black

System

Operating System Windows10, Supports WIN8.1/ubuntu15.10&16.04 Chrome OS
    CPU Braswell J3160 1.6GHz
    GPU IntelĀ® HD Graphics 400
    RAM DDR3L 4GB (Can be extended to 8GB)
    ROM 64G mSATA SSD(Endless extension for SSD, 1TB extension for HDD, Support 2.5" SSD)
    Sound Codec Chip ALC269

Communication

Wifi Connectivity 802.11ac wireless internet
    Ethernet 1000M LAN
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Card Reader RTS5159

Media

Video Supported 3GP,AVI,H.264,MP4
    Audio Supported AAC,ACC,MP3,OGG,WAV
    Picture Supported BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG
    Office Format Excel,PPT,Word
    E-book Format PDF,TXT

Interfaces

HDMI Port Standard HDMI Male 1.4b
    Wake On LAN Yes
    Other Interfaces USB2.0 x 2
    USB3.0 x 2
    Headphone out & Mic-in x 1
    VGA x 1
    LAN 10M/100M/1000M x 1
    TYPEA HDMI x 1
    IR x 1
    Power Button x 1
    DC-IN x 1
    LED Indicators White LED lights power on
    White LED lamp power off
    White LED breathing sleep s3

Other Features

Power 19V/2.1A or 12V//3A
    Others Skype: Supported
    Youtube: Supported
    Speaker: Supported
    MIC: Supported

Dimension & Weight (Main Product)

Dimension 153.4*153.4*38mm/ 6.039*6.039*1.496inches
    Weight
    390g/ 13.75oz

Whats in the Box

1 x VORKE V1 MINI PC
    1 x Power adapter
    1 x Charging cable
    1 x User manual

Basic Unboxing Video

A lot more to come on this one...
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Freaktab readers this post has been reposted as it was removed by mistake,,Sorry i cant add the comments back, Anything you want to no just ask.

Blinky

Comment

hello please help just got mine and wanted to fresh install windows 8.1 thru usb ...i get to where u select hdd for install but get errors any info would be great ty

Comment

Can Please some one help me with the following:
        I bought a v1 for my mother (80+ and totally helpless without her Computer ). Wifi is not Working and I can't find the WiFi in windows system. The first time it helpt power totally off the v1 (unplug it and leaving it a night like that) then restarting it. After that I did find the WiFi in windows system and it worked. Now if have the same problem but the powering off doesn't help. And I can't find the WiFi card in windows system. Does any one know what I can do to help her? And if I need some software where can I find it?

Comment

Arh yes the vanishing wifi, iv had this too so annoying

There was a fix in the original review but that got deleted my mistake.

From what I can remember hook up the Ethernet then boot up the vorke (See if the wifi is there now) if not reboot the vorke with the Ethernet still plugged in that should do the trick.

Oh iv had the vanishing wifi on the vorke v2 also but a reboot fix's that.

It should come back after a few reboots but if not you could buy a cheap wifi dongle (Ok not an ideal fix but it will get your mom back on line)

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone
            Arh yes the vanishing wifi, iv had this too so annoying

There was a fix in the original review but that got deleted my mistake.

From what I can remember hook up the Ethernet then boot up the vorke (See if the wifi is there now) if not reboot the vorke with the Ethernet still plugged in that should do the trick.

Oh iv had the vanishing wifi on the vorke v2 also but a reboot fix's that.

It should come back after a few reboots but if not you could buy a cheap wifi dongle (Ok not an ideal fix but it will get your mom back on line)

Good luck
            I will try it and will leave a message if it works.
            Thx for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X