Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Beelink R68 II(AML S912) - A User's Review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the first box or SoC I've had that plays the following file all the way thru and without artifacts or crash...
    [1080p][16_REF_L5.1][mp3_2.0]Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu BD OP.mkv

Running Kodi 17.0-BETA7 Compiled: Dec 10 2016

Comment

Here is the coupon. Maybe someone needs it.

GBR68II
      $72.99

Gearbest TV Box & Mini PC Page

#2 Flash Deals Flash Deals
      #3Coupons Coupons, Coupons and More Coupons

Comment

For those interested, Xposed is working on the R68II(On Superceleron GT1 ROM). Also the kernel has init.d support(have not tested).

These are working on Superceleron's Custom GT1 ROM. I will reflash the original firmware soon and see if this works on the factory ROM too.

Comment

The balbes150 Armbian runs on the R68 II, working sound over HDMI, Eth working too. I will get some screenshots up after a bit more testing and using a much faster card.

Thanks balbes150, another excellent effort.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
            The balbes150 Armbian runs on the R68 II, working sound over HDMI, Eth working too. I will get some screenshots up after a bit more testing and using a much faster card.

Thanks balbes150, another excellent effort.
            Nice!

Have you booted the s905x image of armbian?
            Had to be installed on MMC or can be booted from SD?
            Could you provide some info to boot linux on R68 II?

Comment

Hello gulp, Welcome to Freaktab.

Yes I have.
              The balbes150 version I used boots and runs from SD card or USB flash drive, leaves installed OS intact. Images available here.
              I think Balbes150 is working on an emmc version too.

On Windows...
              1.) Download image file and extract(7zip).
              2.) Write the image to a freshly formatted(Fat32) SD card or USB flash drive using the Win32DiskImager.
              3.) Boot the R68 II.
              4.) Insert the card or drive in to the R68 II.
              5.) From the App drawer, run the Update and Backup app, click select and chose the autoscript.zip file and select update.
              The R68 II will reboot. Be patient, much goes on in the first boot. It can take several minutes to get to the Login. You may not see much on the screen but some scrolling text, until the login screen
              appears. Here you will login as "root", password " 1234. After you will set up a user account. Once done, the R68 II will reboot. It will boot to a GUI and your done. Of course from the terminal, run Updates.

Notes: Booting can take up to 2 minutes depending on the speed of the media/drive chosen.
              WiFi and BT are not yet working. A USB BT adapter does work and I assume a USB WiFi dongle will as well.
              Of course, faster cards/drives are better to use, but I have done it on an old class 4 card too(not recommended).
              If you use a flash drive with an activity LED, you can see activity during the process. This will let you know something is happening, so you won't worry. :-)

Let me know if problems with this.
              Cheers.

BTW Keep up with balbes150 here for the latest info.
              Last edited by RISCy Dude; 12-20-2016, 12:56.

Comment

Thank you for your precious info.
                I'll try as soon my r68 II will arrive, is still at Honk kong...i've to wait ...

Comment

Hope it comes soon. As stated, let me know if you have any problems with the Linux.
                  Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X