Entertainment box T8 V Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment box T8 V Review

Entertainment box T8 V ,Amlogic S912, Android 6.0, 2GB DDR3 Ram,16GB Rom, Dual Band WIF, Gigabit Ethernet

Hi Guys,This time we have a TV box From a UK outlet.First off all i must thank the guys over at Entertainment box for the Review sample to put through its paces.The box arrived next day via royal mail post.

The Guys also sent me a Air mouse remote (The S77 Pro remote) I already have this remote & i have to say its the best Air mouse remote iv used so far. Iv been using one now for over 12 months with out issue.This remote has all the buttons you will need and on the back of the remote is a handy key pad witch makes using the box so easy.The box does come with a normal IR remote that does work well (But an Air mouse is the way to go IMO)

Ebox T8 V box main features.

4K HDR at 60Hz
    GPU: Octa-Core ARM Mali-T820MP3
    Processor: Amlogic S912 Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
    Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
    Custom dual launcher for beginners and expert users
    10-bit colour acquisition with 10-bit colour, you get 1,024 shades of each primary colour
    Easy access to internal SATA connection
    Unlocked ( rooted )
    16GB eMMc on-board memory
    Super fast 1 Gigabit Ethernet port (transfer speeds up to a rate of 1 Gigabit per second)
    Over the air firmware upgrades
    EntertainmentBox® App
    Main application stores (EntertainmentBox® apps, Google apps, Aptoide apps)
    RAM: 2GB DDR3
    Expandable Memory: SD Storage (up to 32GB). SATA Connection for a extra internal memory (add a concealed HDD)
    4K Video Playback (4Kp60 10-bit H.265, 4Kp60 VP9 Profile 2, 4Kp30 H.264)
    Network Function: Miracast, Kodi, SPMC, Airplay, Skype, Picasa, YouTube, etc
    Stylish design that really helps with the cooling with a metal case.

This is the first of the S912 devices i have tested & im very pleased so far,It reminds me of the old S812 devices Everything runs so smooth and fast.The Box come's pre rooted so worrying about how to root the device.

The Ebox Boots up in about 30/35 seconds and that takes you to the home screen launcher (Either the beginner's or the advance depending on what you have selected as your main launcher)

Home screen (Beginners launcher)

The 2nd launcher (Expert)

App Draw (As it came)

Notice that there is no top and bottom status bars, Ahrrrr i really miss this option as it can make things harder to navigate(Im hoping the guys at ebox can find away to add this maybe in the settings somewhere)

What the Ebox has that other's dont have is the Ebox App's (Ebox app,Ebox apps ebox OTA & Ebox store)the ebox store has some usefull cool things in there like Music aps,Media player aps,Tv box tools,Gaming aps,Tv aps,Emulators & Remote controll aps.All very usefull thing for the beginners out there.Im especially love the gaming selection from the happy chick app some old retro games to be found there.,

Some facts About the Ebox (From the ebox store)

Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow: With each new releases of an Amlogic chip we also get new features like the latest OS, this release is no different bringing about Android 6.0.1 to smart TV boxes.

GPU, Processor: Octa-Core ARM Mali-T820MP3, the Amlogic S912 is a CPU with 64bit Octa–core ARM Cortex-A53 and high performance. This internet streaming box is also ready for high demand internet gaming, HD streaming and heavy duty Android gaming.

4K HDR at 60Hz HDR is that it can provide a higher level of contrast between light and dark images on the screen to create a much more realistic image. That may not sound like a lot on paper, but in reality, it’s a pretty significant move. In fact, many in the industry believe HDR represents a significantly bigger leap in picture quality than UHD’s higher resolution. Let’s be clear here: HDR is not the next “3D.” HDR is here to stay, and we couldn’t be happier about it.

10-bit deep colour: With 10-bit colour, you get 1,024 shades of each primary colour and over a billion possible colours. Most 4K TVs will come with full HDR colour by 2017 and its is a wonderful thing to behold because the colour enhancements delivered by wide colour gamut and 10-bit colour is huge when compared to what you’d see with regular SDR display and 8-bit colour. If your TV supports 10-bit colour then this box will blow you away with how in-depth the visual experience is.

Custom dual launcher for beginners and expert users:
    If you are new to an internet box then our launcher for beginners will help you learn about your device as you go.With links to our forum or help centre and setup guides it will help you better understand your device. For more experienced users you can switch to the basic launcher without any notification. You can also chose to switch between launchers at any time.

Pre installed Kodi (Bare and fresh)

Its nice to see a bare Kodi rather than a bundeled one where 1/2 the things dont work.
    I then set up the fusion installer from tvaddons that has most of the things i need.

A Look at the UI,Games & Kodi

Some Internal Photos

Heat sink removed

Reverse side of the PCB

The clock on the front of the box

WIFI CHIP AW-CM273SM

WIFI INTERNAL ANTENNA

SSD COMPARTMENT

Good quality 3000mAh UK Plug

On the right hand side we have the Full sized SD card slot,2 USB ports and the recovery button

On the rear we have a full sized OTG port,Mind usb HHD port,Optical port,Video left & Right Connectors,
    HDMI Port,Lan & the 5v DC power port.

Specification on the box

Some tech Stuff

Antutu Bench Mark

Antutu Video Tester

Antutu Stress Test

CPU Z

Geekbenck

Benchmark results for an Amlogic q201_9377 with an ARM Amlogic processor.

WIFI
    My ISP speed is 40Mbps & im about 12 feet from the routor in the next room giving me the below results

Games
    Iv tested Apart from the one's in the retro happy chick app Are beach buggy blitz with graphics set to high it played perfect as expected Asphalt 8 did struggle and seemed slow when the visual quality was set to high Once set to medium it played fine.
    I could not use my ps3 game pad as there seems be a bug with the bluetooth (I hope this gets fixed)
    So i tried the tronsmart Mars G01 Game pad that works well.

Misc
    Logitech c270 camera works fine
    External powered 1T HD works fine
    Tronsmart Mars G01 game pad works
    32GB sd card works fine (64GB ScanDisc Extreme works also)

I do always like to add a link to the Firmware in my reviews but as of yet its not available. I will add it if and when it becomes available.

Edit:Iv spoke to the guy's At entertainment box and they say there working on some new firmware (Looking forward to tryng this) Will keep you up dated.

Whats in the box

1 X T8 V Amlogic S912 TV Box
    1 X UK Power Adapter
    1 X IR remote control
    1 X HDMI Cable
    1 X User Manual

Basic Unboxing Video

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

That is a nice and comprehensive review blinkone. Some nice touches on this box.
    Looks like a UART(?) connector next to the WiFi module.

How are the thermals when using an internally mounted SSD/HDD?

I may have to look further into the S77 Pro airmouse.

Thanks for the review.

BTW Are those Wiss brand scissors in the unpacking video?
    Last edited by RISCy Dude; 02-05-2017, 07:58.

Comment

Thanks mate to be fair its a nice box and I hate to say i have no idea what that connector is Iv asked the guys over at Ebox if they no more.

Just checked the video and its working for me on other devices.

The thermals are great dude No issues at all, The max temps from the outer casing iv seen are 32c and that's after some gaming.

I have a SSD fitted & it don't seem make any difference to the box temps not tried a HHD yet But I do like the SSD compartment

Arh the scissors iv had them years mate There a brand called CK, They make some good quality tools.

Blinky
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Excellent review man

Comment

Working...
        X