[NEW] Beelink SEA I TV Box Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NEW] Beelink SEA I TV Box Review

Beelink SEA I TV Box Realtek 1295 Quad Core CPU - 2GB+16GB Android 6.0 OS 2.4G + 5.8G Dual Band WiFi Bluetooth 4.0

Hi guy's and girls In this Review we have the New Beelink SEA I, from Beelink.First of all i must thank the guys for the review sample.

The beelink SEA I is a Realtek platform Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 The device in this review is 2GB DD4 RAM & 16GB ROM,2.4G+5.8G wifi

Quick facts

Features 2GB RAM 16GB storage ROM
    Android 6.0
    Multi -language
    Realtek 1295 Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53
    ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU¡ªMali-450 8-core equivalent
    DDR4 2GB
    On board eMMC Flash 16GB
    1000Mbps LAN
    WIFI£º IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4G+5.8G
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Full sized SD Card (support 128GB)
    Removable HHD/SSD compartment
    IR Remote controll

The boot time on the New beelink SEA I is between 30 & 35 seconds to complete
    Shut down time Hmmmm, I have no idea as i cant get the device to fully shut down
    Antutu Score of 38478 so lower than there older S812 devices
    No bottom status bar (Ahhhhhrrrrr)
    USB Logitech c270 webcam works fine
    External Samsung hard drive of 1TB works fine powered by the Beelink
    QODI Kodi is working well for me,Played some 4K test footage ok up to 100mbps is fine but over that it stutter and jerks.
    HDMI CEC works great i love being able to control the box with my normal tv remote this is a great touch.
    IR Remote control Does work ok and not the worst iv use but with any TV Box You really need an air mouse.

All my tests have been done using the stock rom that the unit came with.

A look at the Beelink UI

The box feels well constructed & has vent holes on the bottem,On the front there is a clock another nice thing to have on a tv box,when its booting it says boot, also on the front is a little window for the remote control sensor, There¡¯s NO power button on the device its self.On the rear there is the HDMI in & out port, the 12V power connector, an Ethernet port, & SPDIF port,On the under side there's the recovery button and the SSD compartment.

Here's a few photos of the Beelink's internals.There No heat sink as such but there's a thermal pad that connects to a piece of metal to help with the cooling,I would of liked to have seen a real heat sink as once the piece of metal gets hot it will stay hot But saying that the outer temperatures of the box iv been seeing are no higher than 37c but some apps are reading the cpu tempertures as high as 80c while playing games and heavy usage.

Internal Photos

Beelink says the device comes rooted But i can tell you its NOT rooted there¡¯s something wrong with the root, cpu z says its rooted but its defiantly not iv also tried installing super user apps but they wont install

Once booted it runs well not too slow but not fast either.The launcher that¡¯s installed is the light Home launcher with is pictured below this is nice to use on a big screen tv.To be fair it a good start i would hope to see some firmware updates to especially fix the root issue and it would be nice if they added the bottom status bar

Home Screen

App Draw

There's a few preinstalled applications But not too many, including Play Store,Chrome,Camera,fishing joy,Miracast,file browser,Qodi,Qodi mate,HDMI IN,& Youtube

Some tech Stuff

Antutu Bech Mark

Antutu Video

CPU Z

WIFI

QODI

No Root

The Beelink SEA I is good for streaming your multimedia from a HHD or SSD,As media playback run nice with no lag, stuttering or buffering unless your playing anything over 100MBPS as that is not playable,Iv watched about 5 full HD tv programs with out fault,Its also great for web surfing, and video streaming apps such as YouTube.
    Iv tried a few game's & they run fine i always try beach buggy blitz with the graphics set to high & again its perfect.
    Sixaxis controller App DONT work as that needs root so the games iv tested i have been using the Tronsmart mars G01 game pad

Button & Ports

No physical Power Button
    1*DC in Port
    1*S/SPDIF Port
    1*RJ45 (network connection) Port
    1*HDMI IN Type Port
    1*HDMI OUT Type Port
    USB2.0:1* Standard USB Port
    USB3.0:1* Standard USB Port
    1* Full sized SD card slot
    1* Standard hard disk SATA port

Whats in the box

1.Beelink SEA I TV Box
    2.HDMI cable
    3.Power Adapter DC12V 1.5A(100-240V,50/60Hz)
    4.Operations guide
    5.Infrared remote control

Packing size: 196 * 121 * 75mm
    Product size: 188 * 119 * 20mm

Beelink SEA I unboxing

More to come
    Last edited by blinkone; 02-26-2017, 21:41.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Great review.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Great review.

Thank you Sir,

There's still more to come but i was running out of time, Overall its not a bad box it has good potential but i do worry about Fw updates.

(Beelink we want FW updates for at least one year)

A good Tv box is a box that comes with support in the way of firmware updates.

Comment

It also seems that they will be the ones that will have to provide the updates with Realtek being something of a closed source to all.

But going by the fact that firmware updates will be more exclusive to manufacturers, it might ensure that updates are provided because there are no other alternatives.

I did put my name in the hat to receive one, so hopefully I'll get the chance as it does look like an interesting product and at a very good price at the moment compared to the competition.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Bit of an update on playing 4k video from my youtube channel

1080p HD plays perfect
          1440p HD plays but video is jerky not smooth at all
          2160p 4K Not good. Video will start to play for about 1 to 2 seconds and will keep stopping very jerky play back

More to come

Comment

Beelink used a 16GB Samsung KLMAG1JENB-B041 eMMC 5.1 flash for storage with 285/40 MB/s read/write sequential performance, and 8K/10K random R/W IOPS

Zidoo X9S board v1.1 and v1.2 used a 16GB Samsung KLMAG2WEPD-B031 eMMC 5.0 flash for storage with 150/12 MB/s read/write sequential performance, and 5K/1.2K random R/W IOPS
            It's a complete failure Zidoo. Put the slowest flash memory in their top device.
            Board revision Zidoo X9S:
            v1.0 - 12.07.2016 - Toshiba 016G70 THGBMFG7C1LBAIL - Dec.2014
            v1.1 - 12.09.2016 - Samsung AWPD3R KLMAG2WEPD-B031 - Aug.2016
            v1.2 - 08.11.2016 - Samsung AWPD3R KLMAG2WEPD-B031 - Oct.2016

Estimated writing speed:
            Zidoo X8 - Toshiba 008G30 - 40MB
            Beelink SEA I - Samsung AJNB4R - 40MB
            Zidoo X9S v1.0 - Toshiba 016G70 - 30MB
            Zidoo X9S v1.1 и v1.2 - Samsung AWPD3R - 12MB

Comment

are you tested with hdd... temp can reach 90C
              idle 65C to 70C..
              box need more louvers at bottom or heatsink
              MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Get rid of tin lid things and put a proper heat sink should Help
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                  Bit of an update on playing 4k video from my youtube channel

1080p HD plays perfect
                  1440p HD plays but video is jerky not smooth at all
                  2160p 4K Not good. Video will start to play for about 1 to 2 seconds and will keep stopping very jerky play back

More to come
                  SPMC 16.5.5/16.6 , chrome Crash on SEA I
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by KAA; 03-03-2017, 12:14.
                  MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Working...
                  X