Vorke Z6 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vorke Z6 Review

VORKE Z6 KODI 17.4 Android 7.1.2 Amlogic S912 4K TV BOX 3GB DDR4 32GB eMMC5.0 AC WIFI 1000M LAN Bluetooth 4.1

Hi Guys,In this review i will be looking at the new Vorke Z6 form Geekbuying

Highlights (From webpage)

Vorke Z6 - The Most Powerful Android TV Box
    It turns out, this part of the question is actually very simple. Vorke Z6 is one of the most powerfull smart Android Nougat TV boxes powered by the Amlogic S912 SoC .Yes you heard right, it is the best box available at this moment.

When it coems to memory, Vorke Z6 has 3 GB of RAM combined with a 32GB of storage space which of course you can upgrade using the microSD card. As you can see, without exaggeration, it has strong hardware for its price tag.

Of course, you may try many different things from playing games, watching 4K movies, to surfing the Internet and more importantly, everything is expected to work precisely as it should. In a nutshell, Vorke Z6 should be the go-to choice if you’re someone who`s new to streaming devices and TV boxes, or a professional who wants an option to install whatever apps that are preferred.

Video Playback with Kodi 17.4

Normally, Kodi is the key to every media player, Z6 is no exception.It comes with the newest Kodi 17.4 which will worklike a charm. In other words, it will work without any lags, when watching movies, TV shows,playing games, or whatever of your choice.

AC WiFi, Gigatbit Ethernet and Bluetooth 4.1 Connectivity

We noticed that cheaper models does not have some connectivity functions like Bluetooth which is very important for several reasons, especially for wireless keyboards, mouses, and most important gamepads. But don’t worry, Vorke Z6 has all connectivity functions including Bluetooth v4.1, besides the Wi-Fi 2.4GHZ/5.8GHZ 802.11a/b/g/n /ac, and 100M/1000M Ethernet.

The Vorke Z6 arrived to the UK in just under 2 weeks via snail mail so not bad postage time at all.

As you can see in the unboxing video the Z6 comes in a plain brown box and has everything you need to get started.

This is a great little box and has surprised me on how well it works out of the box

On the front there is the LED clock when the Z6 is powered on.

On the rear you will find the Power port,HDMI port,Ethernet port,2x USB2,SPDIF & the recovery button

On the left hand side you will find the SD Card slot.

Both sides of the z6 have vents for cooling

Home Screen
    The Vorke z6 has its own launcher

App Draw

Quick facts
    3GB RAM & 32GB ROM
    Boot time is around 35 seconds from pressing the button
    The Z6 TV Box has the well known Amlogic S912 processor
    Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi 2.4GHZ/5.8GHZ 802.11a/b/g/n /ac, and 100M/1000M Ethernet.
    H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@60fps
    H.264 AVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@30fps
    H.264 MVC up to 1080P @60fps
    KODI 17.4
    Android 7.1 Lollipop out of the box
    Google play store installed
    Rooted

Some Tech Stuff

Antutu

CPU Z

Antutu Video Tester

WIFI

DRM info

The Amlogic S912 are the right box's to buy right now as the Amlogic is by far the best IMO

Bluetooth 4.1

Kodi
    The Z6 comes with Kodi 17.4 preinstalled with a addons file you can install if needed.The speed of kodi is Nice & fast 4 seconds to load from the app screen,Iv been streaming 1080p & 4k from the web with great results no video stuttering that iv noticed.

Games
    Iv tested games like Asphalt 8 & beach buggy blitz with graphics set to high they played perfect.
    All games tested was with the tronsmart Mars G01 Game pad

Misc
    Logitech c270 camera works fine
    External powered 1T HD works fine
    Tronsmart Mars G01 game pad works
    32GB sd card works fine

The Z6 gets warm but not hot as there are some venterlation holes on both sides,Iv had it running 24/7 now for the past week streaming from my ip cam & all is working well no lock ups reboots ETC.

Internal Photos

As you can see in the next photo there is a heat sink its only a tiny one but with that said im not getting any over heating.

vorke z6 firmaware (20170906)
    http://vorke.mediafire.com/file/o64n...-PC-rooted.zip

Vorke Z6 Video Review

Whats in the box

1 x TV box
    1 x IR remote
    1 x HDMI cable
    1 x Power adapter
    1 x User manual

Unboxing video

Last edited by blinkone; 04-16-2018, 22:09.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

I'm really thinking to buy this tv box, do you recommend it? I heard that the s912 have some problems, did you have or seen something that maybe make this tv box not good? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

blinkone do you think you can accept to move your important thread to the place indicated in the picture?

so we could concentrate all comments in one place for Vorke Z6, i am sure some more users will buy this box like me.

also there will be informed about the new rom which Guest has planned as he already informed us.

thanks for the attention
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
        blinkone do you think you can accept to move your important thread to the place indicated in the picture?

so we could concentrate all comments in one place for Vorke Z6, i am sure some more users will buy this box like me.

also there will be informed about the new rom which Guest has planned as he already informed us.

thanks for the attention
        Hmmm Just wondering why you want me to move a Review from Freaktab User Reviews to firmware and rom's.

I think its in the right place already thanks.
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post

Hmmm Just wondering why you want me to move a Review from Freaktab User Reviews to firmware and rom's.

I think its in the right place already thanks.
          no problem, it´s ok for me. Don´t worry.

but why you just wondering? i explained you the reason for my request to you:

"...so we could concentrate all comments in one place for Vorke Z6,..."

if a user like me search for informations about a new device which he want perhaps buy, it´s more confortable to find all informations in one place, that´s it.

Comment

Just got my new Vorke Z6 from Geekbuying with 64 GB memory. Works great for streaming IPTV and movies. Several questions: a) How do I dim or disconnect that super bright clock? The numbers are so tiny it is basically worthless. 2) My Vorke came with rooted firmware 20170906 installed. Is there any advantage to using the latest unrooted firmware 20171110?

Comment

TOYMANEDK- thank you for all info about Z6 which will benefit users that are expecting to recieve that box' The USB white colour Please check. whether it is a USB 3.) ?
              I have been using the H96 pro + since march 2017, the remote control unit of the Z6 is different. Any tip as to whether new user
              of Z 6 will experience any setback and ask for guidance on the forum. What about the heat 'issue' ?
              I will recieve my order around the 15th of December . I want to know which firmware to keep.My order was for Kodi 17.4 Android 7.1.2 3Gb DDR4 + 64GB eMMC 5.0 ( can you explain the eMMC5.0 stands for any new type of storage.) Hope your reply will help other registered user of the forum to take advantage of its contents. Tons of thanks for your explanations. rgds

Comment

Both the USB connections on this box are USB 2. Netflix does not play in HD due I expect to inadequate licensing.. My box does not overheat even using Kodi and/or leaving on for long periods of time. The LCD clock is to bright and is distracting in a darkened environment. I therefore put 1/2 inch wide black electricians tape across the front plastic face leaving just the IR receiver uncovered. The tape blends right in perfectly with the black plastic. Box came with Kodi 17.6 installed. The 3rd party Kodi links provided with the box are mostly outdated. The reset hole for firmware updates is to small to stick anything in..and you will need to carefully drill it out so a toothpick can be inserted to easily hit the micro switch. Movies and IPTV played smoothly for me. Beautiful 1080P and 4K HD on a 70 inch 4K Vizio TV. I use MU MIMO wifi provided and got the maximum download and upload speeds my Spectrum provider offers. I noticed no buffering, no frame skipping. 4K videos sourced from YouTube played fine. I got the 64 GB memory so had plenty of room to add the best 3rd party apks that operate independent of Kodi. The remote that comes with the Vorke Z6 is OK, but use of a mouse in combo with a Rii remote such as the i8X is recommended. It only took 8 days to get my box from Geekbuying and receive in USA. I used DHL Economy for shipment and paid an extra $8. The box is very small..and very light. To open the case you need to remove the small rubber feet underneath. There are small phillips head screws under 3 of the 4 rub pads.

Mods I would like to try include: a) installation of external dual band antennas., b) installation of a better heat sink for processor., c) Adding thicker feet pads on bottom and creating ventilation holes on bottom and perhaps top of box. d) Installation of a small blower to side of box. NOTE: Like I said my box does not overheat. But I buy these boxes for tinkering and like to do modifications for fun. I have used Nvidia Shield TV, Zidoo X9-S and Minix boxes. The Vorke Z6 works just as good as the "high end" boxes if not better. Plus it is MUCH cheaper. This box has similar component characteristics as the SkyStream 2..except for licensing for streaming Netflix in HD.

I found the box interface easy to manipulate. There are options to implement different interface versions. The firmware that came with the box was 20170906. It can be found on the Vorke web site along with the USB Burning tool. A white sticker on my motherboard stipulated TX92-B (Vorke), 3 + 64G (6255).

I await improved firmware options to try. But not needed at this time as I have experienced no issues so far.
                Last edited by toymanedk; 11-27-2017, 23:20.

Comment

Sorry for troubling tyou. Thanks any way.

Comment

Originally posted by toymanedk View Post
                    Just got my new Vorke Z6 from Geekbuying with 64 GB memory. Works great for streaming IPTV and movies. Several questions: a) How do I dim or disconnect that super bright clock? The numbers are so tiny it is basically worthless. 2) My Vorke came with rooted firmware 20170906 installed. Is there any advantage to using the latest unrooted firmware 20171110?
                    a) How do I dim or disconnect that super bright clock?

i noticed there is LED service running i guess if you stop it that should do the trick

Comment

Bit of Dark Coloured Tape works juts enough to let a little glow thru.
                      treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

trebor@ Thanks for the suggestion I shall require some decision support in deciding as to whether a Video Capture Recorder suitable for Xbox 360( or Xbox one) will be compatible with Vorke Z 6 . Thanks in advance. rgds

Comment

Should be OK if it works on XB then Vorke should be ok,
                          treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

edited
                            Last edited by toymanedk; 12-10-2017, 04:35.

Comment

One last question..anyone have the data to make a revised Vorke Z6 box with extra ventilation top and bottom on a 3-D printer? Seem like a fun project.

Comment

Working...
                              X