Beelink GT King Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink GT King Review

Amlogic S922X / Android 9.0 / 4GB LPDDR4 + 64GB ROM / Support 2.4G Voice Remote Control / 4K 60fps / 2.4G + 5.8G WiFi / 1000Mbps / USB3.0

Quick Facts
    Android 9.0 operation system
    Amlogic S922X, quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 and dual-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor
    4GB LPDDR4, support high-definition video display smoothly
    64GB storage allows for massive software download
    Support 2.4G voice remote control Air mouse
    Support 4K 60fps
    2.4GHz + 5.8GHz, dual WiFi antenna design, stronger WiFi signal and transfer speed
    LAN 1000Mbps
    2 x USB3.0 interface

Hi Guys,
    Another Tv box to take a look at today,The all new Beelink GT King a Amlogic S922x powered TV box.This is the first S922x Device iv got my hands on and so far i love it. The Beelink GT King im testing is the 4/64GB version that should be ample room for most users,Running Android 9.0 out the box,Also good news as there is both top and bottom bars in the UI.Iv been using this box for the past week and its doing everything i need with super fast boot up & all apps load nice and quick.I was expecting the box to get rather hot but no no no the device remains cool in all my tests.

Outside box Temp was 36.9c

Info From Webpage

Amlogic S922X, GT King has 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB eMMC Storage, using Android 9.0 operating system. Amlogic S922X SoC is equipped for a six cores including Quad-Core Arm Cortex A73 and Dual-Core Cortex A53.equipped a Mali-G52 MP4 GPU.

HDMI 2.1 SPDIF AV HDMI, 2.1 support higher video resolutions and faster refresh rates including 4K75Hz for immersive viewing and smooth fast-action detail.support HDMI HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 3D video formats.In addition, it support connect SPDIF and AV interface.

Expandable Storage, It has 2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 port, support storage space expansion, support connect USB Mechanical Hard Disk 2.5/3.5inch 4TB Storage, equipped with 1 TF Card slot, and support TF card storage expansion.

Net Work and Voice Remote Control, RJ45 interface support 1000Mbps LAN, supports 2T2R WiFi 2.4+5.8GHz. support BT 4.1, which has stronger anti-interference, and faster connection speed, and more transmission efficiency than BT4.0.Come with a voice remote control and a USB receiver?Cit can connect different devices.

Quality after-sales service, If you are not satisfied, you can return it within 1 month after purchase. If you have any questions about GT King TV box, please contact seller or Beelink after-sales service team. You can also visit the official website of Beelink to learn about the latest news of beelink products.

Looks and feel

It comes with just the one launcher installed.The Standered Beelink tv box launcher.
    The device itself is a small square tv box with a skull on the top thats eyes glow up green.The GT King has no rubber Pads on the bottom so it does slide arond the desk a bit.,The whole underside has no holes for Venterlation.It has 2 full sized USB3 ports one USB2,Micro SD card slot,HDMI port,Power input,AV port,RJ45 port & a Spdf port.There is a recovery button hidden behind the bottom case.

Home screen

App Draw

I was impressed to see the unit comes with a Airmouse with a voice search function.Not many TV boxs come with a airmouse and its a big pluss for me as i never use the standered IR remote's that come with most TV boxs.The Voice search works as it should and is very handy.Now for the Airmouse side of things The remote with this box takes some getting used to as its very fast or im slowing down.

Lets take a look at the Device

External ports and connections
    2 x USB 3.0 port
    1 x USB 2.0 port
    1 x HDMI port
    1 x RJ45 port
    1 x SPDIF port
    1 x AV port
    1 x TF card slot
    1 x DC in port

Top of the Beelink Gt King

Bottom

Rear

And the left hand side

Some internal Photos
    No screws to remove just unclip the bottom

Just 4 screws to remove the PCB from the case

Large slab of metal as the heatsink

Under the heatsink is the battery and the LED module for the Skull eyes
    [url=https://postimages.org/][/url

Recovery Button via a pin hole in the bottom case

Some tech info

Antutu bench mark

CPU Z

Antutu Video Tester

DRM

The next test was to get the device as hot as i could with a CPU Throttling Test and a Temp overlay.Iv been using the unit all day playing games and different tests ect then i ran the Throttling Test for 15 min.In this test the temps went up to 68c (Showing 61c)

Games testing

Beach buggy blitz (Works)
    Ashpalt 8 loads and plays perfect
    Sixaxis app (dont work)

Other info
    Logitech c230 webcam Dont work
    Sixaxis app (Dont work)
    Samsung 1TB external HD (Works)
    Tronsmart Mars G01 gamepad (Works)
    32GB micro SD card (Works)
    HDMI CEC (Works well for me)
    Rooted

Firmware Beelink GT King
    GT-King fw 20190509

SD Card:
    https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/firmwareservice_beelink_onmicrosoft_com/Ei2oYKQXeCRDtGTRp8FFmLQBhDxgRoGRylLMooSspTrlKQ?e=g Mr8FX

USB:
    https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/firmwareservice_beelink_onmicrosoft_com/EXqz0yXzTPxNm14zwqPoEGgBL1gkssSj66GhXSAAeccINQ?e=d SLmJX

USB Burning tool https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KDpxJYr7Et4WmPwPzCHpGLHGXpF-MjhC/edit
    1. Download USB burning tool 2.1.7.0
    2. Open USB burning tool and click "File" at the top left of the program
    2. Click import image then select the GTKing_901k0_20190509 file
    4. Once the firmware has loaded click the "Start" button in the burning tool
    5. Remove all USB's and anything plugged into your device
    6. Power on the box and as soon as you see the green eyes light up, plug in USB 2 on the rear and Connect one side of the Male to Male USB cable to the other to a USB port of your PC.
    7. Wait until the progress bar reaches 100%, then click the "Stop" button and reconnect your device to your TV.

Beelink GTKing Interface Diagram
    https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ao_JehDJrCShkVCZT5Ggbpg2zfJD

Beelink GTKing's open source SDK
    https://beelink.oss-cn-hongkong.aliyuncs.com/TV%20box/GT-King/SDK/GT-King_SDK. Tar.gz

Unboxing Video

Beelink GT King Ui and some tests

Whats in the box
    1 x TV Box
    1 x Air remote with Voice Control
    1 x HDMI Cable
    1 x 12v 1.5A Power Adapter
    1 x English Manual

Get yours from

Geekbuying
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Beelink-GT-King-Amlogic-S922X-Android-9-4GB-64GB-TV-Box-416147.html

Gearbest
    https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009608757058.html

And Amazon (Although not in stock yet in some amazon shops)

DE www.amazon.de/dp/B077L8SVLB

UK www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G9ZFSZR

IT www.amazon.it/dp/B077L8SVLB

FR www.amazon.fr/dp/B077L8SVLB
    Last edited by blinkone; 05-20-2019, 17:27.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Hi ,

this are the same Links , posted before , somwhere here , they are all not available ,

only one & two show a wrong Box ,

and of course does Sixaxis not work , never heard that it works with a AML Box ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• blinkone
      blinkone commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Amazon Shows Currently unavailable, But will soon be there hence adding the links.The sixaxis app used to work very well on the older amlogic box's

Perhaps, SOMEONE will be so kind to see if it has an UNlocked bootloader. Install a terminal emulator, type "reboot recovery". If it opens the Android recovery menu, then it is UNlocked. Thanks
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I did check and replied when you asked 2 hours ago.

seems its unlocked

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
        I did check and replied when you asked 2 hours ago.

seems its unlocked
        That's great
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

from screenshot it has drm l1 but can it handles 4k netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
            from screenshot it has drm l1 but can it handles 4k netflix?
            No, only 480p Netflix.
            It needs AndroidTV not normal Android firmware and also a license from Netflix to do HD/4K.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No, only 480p Netflix.
              It needs AndroidTV not normal Android firmware and also a license from Netflix to do HD/4K.
              Hi ,

but why it shows L1 ??? / greetings / gefattern

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                They are probably using the GT1 AndroidTV L1 DRM against it's license terms on the GT King as Google doesn't give L1 DRM licenses to non phones/tablets running Android phone firmwares.
                The L1 DRM is of no use as no apps can use it, they could just as well have used L3 DRM.

Yes only 480p Netflix.

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                Still watchable, I think the Netflix/ all google desire is waning slightly

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
              Yes only 480p Netflix.
              Hi ,

so it looks like a Fake only made for more sales , lets see what the Testers say , if it really works ,

how long it shall work , stands on another paper ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Good news folks

A new custom rom for the Beelink GT King from Freaktab dev superceleron (As close to default Android TV as possible)

Changelog SC v1.0:

Based on latest build from 20190527...
                As close to default Android TV as possible
                Fixed a few stuff...
                Long press mic key to use voice Assistant, keep the mic key pressed to talk... i think you guys already know that!
                Double press menu to call Recent apps.
                Added Recent Apps in Gride mode.
                Added App drawer and Side Settings to favorites ( Main Screen ) ( See bug section why )
                Added RedBull TV, but made it uninstallable.
                Added PuffinTV_Browser, but made it uninstallable.
                Cleaned some stuff.
                Added a more complete Side Settings.
                Tweaked.

Get the new custom FW from here

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s922x/others-s922x/firmware-roms-tools-dq/775209-rom-beelink-gtking-sc-v1-0-w-i-p-androidtv-9-0

?*
                Last edited by blinkone; 06-10-2019, 21:39.

Comment

Yet another custom ROM for the Beelink GT King. This time from ALVATECH

More info on the rom can be found on the link below

http://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-p...-9-0-pie-s922x

Comment

Trolling is not needed..you were advised of this before, you may recall
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I am using a USB powered case fan beneath the GT King and this brings the CPU temperature down 10 - 12C without adding ventilation holes to the case.

It was running at 55C now it runs at 45C. Now down to 43C.
                      Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 08-07-2020, 16:10.

Comment

Working...
                      X