• Show
Clear All

The upcoming Beelink GT1-mini② updates its processor with the new S905X3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beelink GT1 mini S905X3.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	777574
    GT1-mini The video output pipeline includes Dolby Vision optional, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG and PRIME HDR processing, BT.709/BT.2020/BT.2100 processing, motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing, flexible programmable scalar, and many picture enhancements filters before passinS905X2 chip gets a new upgrade,

The new version is 905X3.

Why are the chips should be upgraded?
    Let's compare it to the S905X2 and see how it differs after it is upgraded.
    In comparison to the S905X2, S905X3 is the Cortex-A55 cores can deliver more performance than compared to Cortex-A53 in memory, benchmarks, around 20 to 30% performance improvement for tasks at the same frequency.
    Amlogic S905X3 also has some optional features like the Neural Network Accelerator and a Cortex-M4 core for always-on processing.
    S905X3 is an advanced application processor designed for hybrid OTT/IP Set Top Box (STB) and high-end media box applications. It integrates a powerful CPU/GPU subsystem,

The main system CPU is a quad-core ARM Cortex-A55 CPU with unified L3 cache to improve system performance.
    In addition, the Cortex-A55 Cores includes the NEON SIMD co-processor to improve software media processing capability. The graphics subsystem consists of two graphics engines and a flexible video/graphics output pipeline. The ARM G31 MP2 GPU handles all OpenGL ES 3.2 Vulkan 1.0 and OpenCL 2.0 graphics programs, while the 2.5D graphics processor handles additional scaling, alpha, rotation, and color space conversion operations. Together, the CPU and GPU handle all operating systems, networking, user-interface and gaming related tasks.

Name:	beelink 2.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	777575

The video output pipeline includes Dolby Vision optional, HDR10+, HDR10, HLG and PRIME HDR processing, BT.709/BT.2020/BT.2100 processing, motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing, flexible programmable scalar, and many picture enhancements filters before passing the enhanced image to the video output ports.
    Amlogic Video Engine (AVE-10) off-loads the Cortex-A55 Cores from all video CODEC processing. It includes dedicated hardware video decoder and encoder.
    AVE-10 is capable of decoding 4Kx2K resolution video at 60fps with complete Trusted Video Path (TVP) for secure applications and supports full formats including MVC, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1/WMV, AVS, AVS+, AVS2 RealVideo, MJPEG streams, H.264, H265-10, VP9 and also JPEG pictures with no size limitation. The independent encoder is able to encode in JPEG or H.265/H.264 up to 1080p at 60fps.

Name:	152804vanpibtwlbj09iw7.png
Views:	274
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	777576

This new VPU also support 3D, Dynamic HDR (w/EMP), CEC and HDCP2.2, ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) support, stereo audio DAC, a CVBS output, multiple TDM, PCM, I2S and SPDIF digital audio input/output interfaces, and 8 channel far-field PDM digital microphone (DMIC) inputs.
    It also has built-in Voice Activity Detection (VAD) module for ultra-low power operations during system standby.
    S905X3 also integrates a set of functional blocks for digital TV broadcasting streams. The built-in two demuxers can process the TV streams from the serial and parallel transport stream input interface, which can connect to an external tuner/ demodulator. The processor has the rich advanced network and peripheral interfaces, including a 10/100/1000M Ethernet MAC with RGMII, 10/100M Ethernet PHY, a set of multi-PHY for USB2, USB3 and PCIe, and multiple SDIO/SD card controllers, UART, I2C, high-speed SP I and PWMs.
    The standard development environment utilizing GNU/GCC Android toolchain is supported.
    Next, we compare several actual data tests to see the actual difference between S905X3 and S905X2.

AIDA64 Test:

Name:	aida64.png
Views:	216
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	777577

Name:	aida64 2.png
Views:	217
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	777578

AnTuTu:

Name:	antutu.png
Views:	212
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	777579

CPU-Z:

Name:	cpuz.png
Views:	217
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	777580

Name:	cpuz 2.png
Views:	216
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	777581

3D Mark:

Name:	3dmark.png
Views:	214
Size:	353.7 KB
ID:	777582

After testing the data, it can be clearly seen that the performance of all aspects of S905X3 is higher than that of S905X2.
    We will introduce the GT1 mini② to replace the GT1 mini sales, so stay tuned.
    Attached Files
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Antutu 60+k ?! That Is quite an impressive performance boost.
    Could you ballpark the price point all these upgrades are expected to cost?
    Looks like a great alternative to the 922 series.. Please elaborate?
    Thanks C12 for the fresh insight!
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
      Antutu 60+k ?! That Is quite an impressive performance boost.
      Could you ballpark the price point all these upgrades are expected to cost?
      Looks like a great alternative to the 922 series.. Please elaborate?
      Thanks C12 for the fresh insight!
      That is all the information I have at this time............It will be exciting.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

On PreSale at Gearbest.com

link: https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_009331853891.html

Comment

Strong pricing methinks.
          GB Presale data fails to Cite supporting; CEC, DAC, WV L1, 10BIT, and power surplus for SSD.
          Can you confirm as noted above, or elaborate? The above results are not from your testing are they?

Comment

ClarkKent my guess is if "CEC, DAC, Widevine L1, 10Bit, and powered SSD" is currently available for the other Beelink GT-mini's then those features will be included in the firmware for this new device. The only real differences are in the Chip(more power+low energy consumption) and the fact that it will ship with Android 9 Pie. Have you read the spec preview for the next Rockchip CPU that should go on sale in late-August or September? I believe that will be a better chip to have seeing that it will have the same GPU as the $110 GT-King for a lower sale price.

Specs released at Rockchip developer conference event: Next gen OTT tvbox Rockchip RK3530

For the new generation of set-top boxes, the RK3530 chip will also be launched in the third quarter of this year with the following features:
            • Quad A55 CPU + Mali G52 GPU
            • Suppport large DDR3, LPDDR4/LPDDR4x
            • VPU 2.0, support 4K HDR, H264/265/AVS2
            • HDMI/USB 3.0/SATA/GbE.
            • Available in Q3 2019

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX Thanks! I'll look. Netflix 4k has got to mean L1 surely. I thought audio DACs were not on the original mini, that would def be a premium feature, IF the user experience proves it's performance upgrade.
              Maybe the X3's power efficiency will enable enough stock adapter surplus for a mass drive. Hope so!
              I'm Always torn between initial promo pricing, and being a test dummy? I think the 905xx are heading for the 100usd mark tho.
              Patience and study may be the best route, but I'm kinda jones'n about the latest divices' developments.
              FT Devs Overload Mode in ....3,2,1
              Last edited by ClarkKent; 07-08-2019, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
                RiCkLaR_atvX Thanks! I'll look. Netflix 4k has got to mean L1 surely. I thought audio DACs were not on the original mini, that would def be a premium feature, IF the user experience proves it's performance upgrade.
                I Maybe the X3's power efficiency will enable enough stock adapter surplus for a mass drive. Hope so!
                Always torn between initial promo pricing, and being a test dummy? I think the 905xx are heading for the 100usd mark tho.
                Patience and study may be the best route, but I'm kinda jones'n about the latest divices' developments.
                FT Devs Overload Mode in ....3,2,1
                I will wait for the Rockchip RK3530 instead.
                It has better color output and also supports 10-bit H264(like RK3328, RK3399) which is a problem on even the faster S922x.

This device might have L1 DRM but no Netflix HD support so it's pointless.
                The L1 DRM can also be revoked in future by Google then no streaming apps will work since it's used on tablet instead of AndroidTV firmware which is againr Google's Widevine T&C.

Beelink releases a new device almost weekly it seems now.
                I wonder how they provide support for all of them?
                At the moment only 2-3 months of support then they stop making firmware updates.
                Even the GT-King, 6 out of 10 devices had faulty ethernet they shipped to CoreELEC.
                You can be first to market but then users become beta testers for not fully tested devices.

Comment

I assume that it has Widevine L1 given that the device is said to support Netflix 4k.

The other thing which caught my attention is this "2.4GHz + 5.8GHz, dual WiFi antenna design, stronger WiFi signal and transfer speed" mentioned in promotion literature.

Most tv boxes without external antenna perform badly in wifi. What is meant by "dual Wifi antenna design" here ? I don't see any external antennas at all for this device. Meaning they have internal dual wifi antenna now ? I hope someone who has accesses to the device could do a wifi test.

Comment

mo123 true that!
                    The sales page claims Netflix 4k,, and the following link claims 10bit plus all manner of HDR.
                    But the proof is yet to be seen.
                    Beelink has disappointed me more than once... Funny their business plan is absent refinement and any depth of support. With those two attributes they are probably the one company that could give the shield some real competition.
                    I am impressed with the 3399 visual performance for sure! Also really intrigued by the rush of hi-performing sbc that seem to offer high value and a long-term shelf life. Hmm?
                    Here's a little more mini2::
                    ​​​​​​​https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/07...s905x3-tv-box/

Comment

• mo123
                      mo123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Another thing, all these Amlogic S902x2/3 devices run in 32-bit mode.
                      RK3328, RK3399 & new RK3530 all run in 64-bit mode.
                      Netflix support on Gearbest for Mini2 is also false advertising, it can't work on rooted devices and Netflix hasn't certified any S905x3 device yet, it takes a couple of months.

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                    I will wait for the Rockchip RK3530 instead.
                    It has better color output and also supports 10-bit H264(like RK3328, RK3399) which is a problem on even the faster S922x.
                    Yes I agree, the RK3530 mid-tier does sound like it will reclaim the mid-tier OTT TVbox chip standard from Amlogic when it gets released and have a variety of uses. If Rockchip adds the Mali G71/G72 GPU to their next Flagship chip due in January, then the NvidiaShield will have a stout competitor for raw performance from Rockchip. (Mali G71/G72 is 50% better then the Mali G51 thats in the S922X and it is also found in high-end Huawei Kirin CPU chips)

Originally posted by mctiew View Post
                    The other thing which caught my attention is this "2.4GHz + 5.8GHz, dual WiFi antenna design, stronger WiFi signal and transfer speed" mentioned in promotion literature. Most tv boxes without external antenna perform badly in wifi. What is meant by "dual Wifi antenna design" here ? I don't see any external antennas at all for this device. Meaning they have internal dual wifi antenna now ? I hope someone who has accesses to the device could do a wifi test.
                    All that this statement "dual WiFi antenna design, stronger WiFi signal and transfer speed" means is that the device will include a 2T2R radio (2 transmitter/2 receivers) and most likely will just be another AMPAK china chip with max AC-wifi band with max throughput of 867mbps. See some of the old+currently made chips here at this wiki: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/AMPAK
                    Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 07-08-2019, 20:04. Reason: (spelling errors)

Comment

Working...
                    X